IGNORED

Hardest hole or holes you have ever played.

Note: This thread is 5611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ive pretty much played courses all over... ranging from high end to bottom of the barrel...
some are just expected to be hard just the way my game takes to the course...
but there is this hole at a local dogtrack muni that just plain sucks...
its a par 3 175 and the green is a tiny turtle back...
ive managed to hit the green almost every single time off the tee... but maybe 1 out of 20 times ive gotten a gir... and depending on the pin position trying to chip that puppy somewhere that it will actually stop on the green is impossible... basically putting from off the green is your best bet unless you get a lucky one that lands right on top and you absolutely have to hole out or it rolls off
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Jester park, Iowa. There is a average distance par five but there is a pond in front that requires a 250 yard carry to make it to the fareway. If you don't want to go or it you have to lay up with maybe a 9 iron. The worst part is I cleared the pond last time I was there, watched my ball hit the other side and then watched it bounce back into the water.

Also the whole thing is straight up a hill but I guess if you have no problem carrying the ball 250 with iowa winds its probably an easy hole.
Thats from the white tees too and not the tips. I was told by my buddys dad that years back there were some PGA players playing there for an event and they thought it was so ridiculous that you had to lay up on your first shot on a par five that they tried skipping balls across the pond.

• 2 weeks later...
I seek out tough....Played Bethpage black last week from tips...There are a few holes there that are ridiculous in length. But the greens mostly are flat...Except 15. That hole may be toughest. But I digress. Shattuck in NH has a par 5 named the Gauntlett. It's a 153 slope 6600 yard course from tips and very affordable. If in area try it. The Gauntlett is 605 yards. First 230 is forced carry. next 350 very narrow to a stream short of a postage stamp green with a massive boulder right behind it. And it's always wet so it plays like 700. It's a real MFer.

The closing hole on my home course (Sevillano Links) is a long rolling par 5. From the tips it plays 686. The tees I play from its 628 and its even 561 from the ladies tee box. This hole is the dagger at the end of your round from this 7,800 yrd monster.

Srixon Z-RW 8.5* Matrix XCON 6
Callaway Steelhead Plus 15* Rifle 7.0
Cleveland Halo Hybrid 19*
MacGrecor Pro-C Forged 3-PW Rife 6.5
Cleveland Wedges 53* 58*YES! Tracy

16th at Chambers Bay
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Number 11 sharron woods golf course. 235 par 3 straight up a hill. It is about 40 feet up. Just rediculous. I play short with my 5 wood and pitch up. Just really really hard.

Brian

#18 at Ko'olau I guess. Par 4 with 2 forced carries, hardest hole on the "Hardest course in the nation". I missed a 4 footer for par after my girlfriend took a flash picture in the dying twilight as i was about to hit the ball... But she took me on the trip so all is forgiven!

I would put that down as one of mine also,the green is a must hit or your down in a deep bunker.A guy has got a hole in one on that hole though,he went as the crow flys across all the trees,they looked for his ball could'nt find it and walked to the green and it was in the hole.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I would have to say a Par 3 at Shennecossett golf course in New London CT. It is known as a the hardest par 3 in tri-state area due to the fact that if you dont hit it perfect the ball is going to roll off the green because it is a bowl shape. hole plain out sucks you can say

Note: This thread is 5611 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!