IGNORED

What to do?

bubdifab
Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I got my driver resahfted 2 weeks ago at a golfsmith thats about an hour away from my house (closest one to me and right near my hometown where my family lives). $100 for the shaft grip and install. I played a couple rounds no problem, everything was fine. I was at the range on Wednesday and on my second swing with the driver, the clubhead popped off of the shaft. There was no break, it was a clean separation of the head and the shaft. The shaft is in perfect condition, it looks like it just wasnt put on correctly. The clubhead rolled about 100 yards down range. I had to wait a day to get the clubhead back, until they sent someone out to pick it up. When I got it back, the head is scratched up big time, and I am pretty pissed about it. I will be going back to the store today, and going straight to the manager.

I got it reshafted just two weeks ago. I am newer into golf so I am not too familiar, but I can only assume stuff like this doesnt happen very often with a new shaft having been recently put on by a "professional". Not to mention my clubhead, which I take great care of all of my clubs, looks terrible. Obviously they should reattach the shaft at no charge, but I dont feel that is enough, considering the scratches on the clubhead. I do not know if the integrity of the club was compromised either. I bought the club brand new in January '09. What would you do?

What's in my bag:
9.5 degree FT-iQ Tour with x-stiff Fubuki shaft
C455 3-Wood
Apex Edge CFT Hybrid Set w/stiff graphite
Voke Spin Milled 52 deg. Wedge Parallax 56 deg. Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 60 deg. Wedge White Hot XG 2-Ball Lined putter B-330 Tour balls

That sucks. From a management standpoint, I'm sure they're gonna re-attach the clubhead for you, for free. I doubt though that they'd be willing to pay damages for what happened to your head, at most maybe a discount on a new driver. Good luck with it, it'd be interesting to see what they do.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

They should reinstall the head to the shaft and the scratches to the head was caused by the incorrect installation but is the golf store responsible for the scratches?

The store should provide some kind of good will for you but what would be fair for you and the store? discount of your next purchase or new grips on your clubs labor free? its tough these days with the economy, I am sure that the golf store is taking a hit from slow sales just like everybody else.

What do settlement would you consider fair?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

If I were in your shoes, I would think that the golf store should replace the scratched head with a comparable one that I had before, but is this fair for the store? I am not sure? Maybe or maybe not.

When did the club head get scratched? when it left the head and flew off and landed or because it was left overnight on the driving range and the golf ball collecting cart ran it over?

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Hope it works out for you . . . not sure what they will do to help.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Honestly, If i were you and they didn't full replace replace the head if its damaged and reinstall the shaft, I'd be VERY upset. I could have put on a head thats going to fly off in two weeks. I would be going there to avoid that happening.

And if they show any hostility or don't replace anything, I wouldn't ever go back there and I'd call their corporate office and complain with names.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

first off I know your pissed, but don't go into the store with that attitude. explain what happen and ask if they would replace the head nicely since it was epoxied on wrong. if they give you the run around, then blow your stack. you never know, they just might apologize to you and say we'll take care of it.

Great Divider cart bag
Orlimar Fury II QB 10.5* driver
Wilson Fatshaft 3 metal 15*
Wilson Fatshaft 5 metal 18*
Wilson Fatshaft 7 metal 21*Fastrax 5 26* HybridPing G2 6-PWPing 52*,56* & 60* i series wedgesPing G2i Craz-e 33" hozel putterSrixon Z-urs ball

Honestly, If i were you and they didn't full replace replace the head if its damaged and reinstall the shaft, I'd be VERY upset. I could have put on a head thats going to fly off in two weeks. I would be going there to avoid that happening.

+1. They'd be giving me a new one to avoid having me outside the store handing out fliers about their unwillingness to make their screwups right. A whole new club would be cheaper for them than the sales I'd see to it they lost.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

you waited a day to get the club head back? You crazy? Why not call time out and walk your ass out there to get it yourself, or even better, go inside the shop and have one of the workers go out in the range picker and get it for you. If they said wait. I say screw you, I'm getting my club, and if anyone so much as hits a ball towards me, we are going to have a problem when I get back.

After that, Golf Smith should put the club back on no charge. If not, call corporate and raise Hell

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

I'd be curious to see what happens here. At the very least they should have the head refinished and reshafted.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

If I were in your shoes, I would think that the golf store should replace the scratched head with a comparable one that I had before, but is this fair for the store? I am not sure? Maybe or maybe not.

first off I know your pissed, but don't go into the store with that attitude. explain what happen and ask if they would replace the head nicely since it was epoxied on wrong. if they give you the run around, then blow your stack. you never know, they just might apologize to you and say we'll take care of it.

you waited a day to get the club head back? You crazy? Why not call time out and walk your ass out there to get it yourself, or even better, go inside the shop and have one of the workers go out in the range picker and get it for you. If they said wait. I say screw you, I'm getting my club, and if anyone so much as hits a ball towards me, we are going to have a problem when I get back.

When it happened at the range I wanted to walk out and get it and the people hitting at the range stopped and were going to let me go, but for insurance reasons I was not allowed to go get it. Why one of them couldnt go out I dont know, but I go to this place all the time as it is literally right across the street from my condo and dont want to start problems and have to drive 15 minutes to the next closest range. The scratches were caused by the club repeatedly hitting the turf, and can not be cleaned off. The range picker did not run over the head. If that had happened, then those people would be taking care of this for me.

Ok so heres what happened at Golfsmith. I went into the store with my clubhead in one hand and shaft in the other and asked for the manager. He came up to me and didnt really need to ask what was wrong. I showed him and he said he would make sure "i was taken care of". No I was getting a little more upset the more I thought about how beat up my club looked. So i am taken into the back to see the club supervisor who was a cool guy (hes not the guy that reshafted my club, that guy was not in). What he said was that it is difficult to reshaft Callaway drivers because some of them need a ferrule sleeve to make sure the club is firmly reattached and it is basically a third party sleeve they use. I told him I understood and that the clubhead being scratched is what I was upset about, since I take very good care of my clubs, and aesthetically it looked terrible not to mention it bounced 100 yards down a turf covered concrete range, so who knows what else could be wrong. I went in pretty calm (I used to be a hothead but found out to use it as a last resort because sometimes the right thing happens and you dont have to get out of control, but to have it in my back pocket is a nice thing sometimes) and he basically said he wanted to take it step by step, get the shaft put back on and they will mail it to me (i live an hour away which was another problem I expressed). If I am still not pleased, if the club isnt performing right, or if this happens again, I will get a new club. I will definitely be taken care of when I come back into the store, for the trouble regardless of the outcome. I really like the club and shaft combo, but they dont make the ft-3 anymore and since I am lefty it just makes it more of a pain.

What's in my bag:
C455 3-Wood
Voke Spin Milled 52 deg. Wedge Parallax 56 deg. Wedge Vokey Spin Milled 60 deg. Wedge White Hot XG 2-Ball Lined putter B-330 Tour balls

...but for insurance reasons I was not allowed to go get it.

My rear. I'd have given them 15 seconds to get it for me, or I'd have walked out there. If they didn't like it I suppose they'd just have to find a way to cope.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

They should get you a new FT-9 driver for your FT-3 driver

I think that I would be alright with that, lol. I hit that and the Diablo, and to be honest I thought the Diablo felt a little better. I am already preparing...

What's in my bag:
C455 3-Wood

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!