IGNORED

Screw the golf channel

hoofreak7
Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

they're so wrapped up with tiger and johnson that they haven't shown one of Phil's shots when oh by the way he is now -8 and just 2 shots off the lead

and this is bonus coverage, tiger is gonna be on all day phil's round is ending, show him while you can......you get the privilige of being able to show phil while CBS doesnt because he'll be almost done by then

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

well thank you TGC for finally showing him as he now has a putt for the lead

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

seriously mate calm down!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

He's right, today CBS came into the Quail hollow just as Mickelson holed out on the 18th and tiger was up on the 8th.
Didnt even see Phil at all!

I was asked:
"What is your handicap?"
I replied:
"Golfing is my handicap!"

Its funny but I praise the golf channel for the reasons you hate it. How many times do we need to see Phil tearing up the course, get in contention, then throw up all over himself when he realizes he has a chance. Well done GC.

i'm watching TGC right now. what do they mean by "complete LPGA coverage"?

have'nt seen a tourney in two months, and they advertise that crap?

My Blog

I wish I had TGC. I have to TIVO the hell out of my friend's DVR to watch Thursday through Sunday golf. Oh and of course the Haney Project...and Big Break

...and reruns of The Natalie Gulbis Show...

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

TGC is not perfect by any means, but I'm glad I have it. Beats the heck out of some crap on cable these days.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

they're so wrapped up with tiger and johnson that they haven't shown one of Phil's shots when oh by the way he is now -8 and just 2 shots off the lead

You like to watch Phils man boobs flop around the golf course?

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

The same issue with Greg Norman in the early 90's. He could be 8 shots back on Sunday....and your watchin' him. Its understandable, they gotta sell advertising space...Tiger sells....

I wish I had TGC. I have to TIVO the hell out of my friend's DVR to watch Thursday through Sunday golf. Oh and of course the Haney Project...and Big Break ...and reruns of The Natalie Gulbis Show...

If you want to watch TGC go to

www.veetle.com . Do the small download and then click on the pga championship link it is TGC. I think it is 24/7.

There are two things you can do with your head down - play golf and pray. ~Lee TrevinoI Like Photography Too

Two GolfChannel thoughts......

1. If the GolfChannel were to disappear tomorrow, it would be like losing a close friend.....perfection isn't easy.

2. Is there anything better that Brandell Chamblee making Kelly Tilghman look more stupid than we already know she is? Not that he does it on purpose, she just keeps teeing em up for him with her weak analysis...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

You like to watch Phils man boobs flop around the golf course?

Sure, when he's hot as he was for a while today. Tiger, on the other hand, was a real "loser", as he himself said.

Still, I'm glad I saw that 35 yd bunker shot of Tiger's on the 17th - amazing. Instead of landing short of the ridge and hoping it didn't end up too far past the hole after rolling down the slope, he carried the ridge, landed a few yards short of the pin and checked it up with spin to within three feet or so. In from there for a marvelous up and down. Noone else on the course would have even attempted that sand shot. Still, we should have seen a lot more of Phil earlier in the day - he had a much better day than Tiger. Not to mention, he wasn't wearing the white belt .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

it does get annoying though as it keeps lagging and the screen breaking up at times!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

seriously mate calm down!

Yes yes. I'm a Journalism/Broadcast News major and I gotta tell ya that it's all about ratings. Phil doesn't bring 'em in like Tiger. There is always more on Tiger losing than whoever else winning. The news companies get better ratings and $$$$$ because more people watch = Tiger because of a majority.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Its funny but I praise the golf channel for the reasons you hate it. How many times do we need to see Phil tearing up the course, get in contention, then throw up all over himself when he realizes he has a chance. Well done GC.

Well seeing as he's won two tournaments this year, I find it a tad bit difficult to talk too negatively about him just yet.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

^^^^ Thank you! I can finally live!

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

TGC is not perfect by any means, but I'm glad I have it. Beats the heck out of some crap on cable these days.

You said it man. Being that there is only ONE golf only channel, I think we should all be glad to have it. And for Phil, I am a fan, but what is the point in showing coverage of someone that won't win. If he had made a birdie or two more, I assure you, they would have been following him. But he played great to get to 3 (or more) shots from the leader when he finished on 18. No news there. TGC was following the leaders, and Tiger of course.

Note: This thread is 5442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!