IGNORED

RIP Bob "Rossie" Rosburg

iacas
Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
http://golf.about.com/b/2009/05/15/b...-at-age-82.htm

Source: About Article
Six-time PGA Tour winner Bob Rosburg, probably better known to most golf fans today as a television commentator for ABC's golf broadcasts, has passed away at the age of 82. Rosburg - known as "Rossie" - died after a battle with cancer and following a fall that led to a head injury. He died Thursday at his home in Palm Springs, Calif., according to the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rossie was a winner on the course and in the booth. We will miss you Rossie. Enjoy the greatest course in the sky.

Rossie was a winner on the course and in the booth. We will miss you Rossie.

I wonder if he will be playing V grooves in the sky?

Yes, RIP Rossie.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

He was the consummate professional announcer, and had a neat sense of humor. We all know how he liked to say, "He has no shot", and then someone like Jack would pull it off, and he would have to say, "Well, I guess he did have a shot after all." He was an excellent player in the era of the Big Three, and his fellow pros respected him, and did not mind talking to him during the round.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

[QUOTE=PEZGolf;298340]He was the consummate professional announcer, and had a neat sense of humor. We all know how he liked to say, "He has no shot", and then someone like Jack would pull it off, and he would have to say, "Well, I guess he did have a shot after all."

LOL! My first memories of watching golf are the U.S. Open on ABC with the late, great Dave Marr, Jim McKay, and now, Rossie. Like you said, they'd throw it down to Rossie and he'd describe the difficulty of the shot, then the player would hit an great recovery... To this day when someone in our group hits a bad shot we will say "you got that one Rossie?"... may he rest in peace, golf sure was fun to watch with the old ABC crew

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

[QUOTE=apex53;299553]

He was the consummate professional announcer, and had a neat sense of humor. We all know how he liked to say, "He has no shot", and then someone like Jack would pull it off, and he would have to say, "Well, I guess he did have a shot after all."

Good post. They set the standard for golf telecasts. I really liked Jim McKay at the Open Championships, and I developed a real appreciation for "links golf" as ABC broadcast from the Old Course, Turnberry, Muirfield or Carnoustie (or Car--nasty).

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!