IGNORED

How do you mark your ball?

NCGolfer
Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually put a dot to the upper right of the 'Titleist' and line out the 'Pro-V1x' on the seam with a black Sharpie. Kinda boring and I may change it...

I've seen some wacky symbols/signs/lines and was curious to hear how everyone else marks their ball.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a blue sharpie and usually put a dot over Titleist or Maxfli, whatever I'm using and a line over the ball logo, like you described. The only thing different from your mark is that my mark is over the middle of the manufacturer name.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

I color each of the 6 deeper dimples on the Callaway HX Tour golfballs in with a black Sharpie. Definitely makes it easy to indentify my ball in a group.

Driver: Square Two Power Circle TI, stiff graphite
5-Wood: Orlimar Trimetal 19*, stiff graphite
Irons: Taylor Made RAC OS 3-PW, regular flex steel
Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl, 56* Callaway Forged wedge, vintage finish
Putter: Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel Newport BeachBalls: Callaway...

I put three blue dots in a triangle around the logo.

In my bag:
Driver - 905T, 9.5* UST V2 75 s
Fairway - X Tour 15*, Fuji TP 26.3 x
Hybrid - Rescue Dual TP, 16* Diamana Rayon x
Irons - 4-pw X-18 PS Rifle 6.5Wedges - MpT BNi, 51.08, 56.13, 60.10Putter(s) - Puku BellyBall - Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I just put a nice coat of vaseline on it to identify it from other balls... nevermind the spin reducing effects as well =P

Umm, I think the powers that be frown upon that (Rule 5.2: Foreign material must not be applied to a ball for the purpose of changing its playing characteristics). I usually put a red dot on the right side of the number and then line out the U-Tri Tour, Pro V1x, etc. on the side.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

lime green line on top of the seam

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

line and dot.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I thought about breaking out some different colors...I'd have to go with blue if I did. It's calming.

I have orange in my bag, but most of the time it is hard to even see that the ball is marked.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

I typically don't mark my ball. I just hit it where I know I can find it.

When I do, I prefer a simple black dot between the number and the word "Titleist."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Two black dots on both sides of the number.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• 4 weeks later...
Draw a putting line and then either underline or circle the numbers and possibly any logos. I used to just do the putting line but there have been a couple of occasions where I thought I found my ball and assumed incorrectly that my putting line was just face down in the rough where I could not see it. Thats why I try to have markings other than the line on the different sides of the ball.

I typically don't mark my ball. I just hit it where I know I can find it.

I don't usually mark mine either. If I play in a tournament or something, I might mark it. Most of the time, however, I'm the only one playing Titleist or Bridgestone. Most of my friends play Top Flite or Pinnacle.

And besides, it would get old marking all my golf balls because I lose my fair share.

I don't usually mark mine either. If I play in a tournament or something, I might mark it. Most of the time, however, I'm the only one playing Titleist or Bridgestone. Most of my friends play Top Flite or Pinnacle.

Same reason I don't mark mine. My buddies usually hit Callaways, Pinnacles, or whatever they find out on the course. I'm usually the only ProV1 or BlackMax out there. (And now, probably add Bridgestone and Srixon to that list...)

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I just put my first initial with a red sharpie.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!