IGNORED

Skeptical of reported distances

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

are you the moderator of this thread? we were having a discussion

Of course not I just had to include my 2 cents like everyone else.

I haven,t seen to much of RHPM responding to your posts.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished my video. I am putting it up in a new post now for all to see. I base my distances on the yardage markers on my course. RocketSauce you might want to right this down. HOLE #1- PAR 5. 555 YARDS LONG. ANY BALL EVEN WITH THE 250 YARD MARKER = SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 YARDS.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

well what if hes on in to with 40 ft putts for eagle?? i mean just cause you have the distance doesnt mean you have extreme accuracy with long clubs i mean a typicall par 5 =550 drive=270 =190 left thats for him prolly a 5 iron do you think hes gonna be laserlike with it??

you can manipulate scenarios any way you want to. he says he's a 6 handicap. thats a legit golfer. he should have made AT LEAST ONE eagle in his lifetime with that kind of distance AND being a 6 handicapper, dont you think??? im a legitimate 6 right now, i

PROBABLY average 240 off the tee, and ive had 4 so far THIS YEAR...

I just finished my video. I am putting it up in a new post now for all to see. I base my distances on the yardage markers on my course. RocketSauce you might want to right this down. HOLE #1- PAR 5. 555 YARDS LONG. ANY BALL EVEN WITH THE 250 YARD MARKER = SOMEWHERE AROUND 300 YARDS.

yeah, where was the tee box? right at the 550 mark, right? thats what ive been saying all along. you cant measure your drives off tee boxes and yardage markers.

Oh great now I have to pull my foot out of my mouth. I thought RHPM was done and had conceded but I guess not.

R9 with 757 Speeder
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Looking forward to the swing video, are you going to post it on this thread?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

no, in another thread in about 30 seconds. Oh and rocketsauce? the blues were a little up front so you can subtract like 10 yards if you want.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

Looking forward to the swing video, are you going to post it on this thread?

i hope he does...and listen, RHPM, again, im not calling you a liar. you probably can hit a ball 300 yards. hell, ive hit a couple 300 yarders this year (just one or two though). but to AVERAGE 290 off the tee is TOUGH to do. i just think that you THINK you are hitting it farther than you really do on average. being a 6, unless you are the worst putter in the history of golf, if you AVERAGE 270-290 off the tee, you should've had at least ONE eagle in your lifetime. but again, i dont know you from Adam, so who knows? im sure you can hit a long ball, but you might honestly THINK you are AVERAGING a longer drive than you really are...

no, in another thread in about 30 seconds. Oh and rocketsauce? the blues were a little up front so you can subtract like 10 yards if you want.

put it in this thread too, please? i dont want to have to figure out where it is. what is this video going to prove anyway?

Post it here too. I'm lazy.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Post it here too. I'm lazy.

heres a link to it on youtube. his intro is great. hehe

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=58011633 and i posted this in the other thread too, but ill just post it here too: you know, you have a decent swing, and like i said, im sure you can hit the ball a long way, but the video isnt definite proof of anything. the course yardage markers at my course are off by more than 10 yards in some places. add that to the fact that who knows where the tee boxes were when you teed off, and how accurate those yardage markers really are? and you still dont know how far you really hit those drives. could be anywhere from 250 to 300 yards? you need a GPS or a laser to measure accurately. also, you're using Top Flite ROCKS on a rock hard looking fairway. that REALLY helps. in all honesty, your swing speed doesnt look any different than mine. but again, who knows. try to get your drives laser'd

At most courses the distance is measured by going through the center of the fairway

R9 with 757 Speeder
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

OK, I know how to resolve this. RocketSauce and RHPM look like they live only a couple of hours apart. Why don't you guys meet half-way and play a round?

RocketSauce, you can bring your GPS. Since you're both about 6 handicaps, why not play with a little action? Nice little $10 nassau, with a little side bet that every drive over 275 that RHPM hits, he gets $5. Under $275, gives $5.

Post the results here - it'll be great!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, I know how to resolve this. RocketSauce and RHPM look like they live only a couple of hours apart. Why don't you guys meet half-way and play a round?

I would say that this would be the sure fire way to get to the bottom of this!! Nice suggestion. It would be interesting to hear the results.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Now that I'd love to see. We'll call it Little Big Break or The Thrilla in the Midda.

Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

first of all, i never play for money. never have and never will. i've played for lunch and beers, but not cash, lol. and thats not the issue here at all. his claimed average driving distances are the issue, not who can beat who. also, im not going to drive an hour and a half just to try and prove someone who says they can drive the ball constistently 290 yards on the internet wrong. however, if he (or anyone else) is ever in Tampa and wants to play, then Im all for playing! but Im not going that far out of my way for an internet discussion, sheesh! lol

I watched the video and the first thing that comes to mind....

OWNED

Good job RHPM

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!