IGNORED

Animals on the course

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I was playing in florida a couple of years ago, I saw a whole bunch of flamingos in a shallow pond on the course.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a course in Md. (Piney Ridge) where the Deer are sooooo used to people playing that they will stand 5ft from the Tee Box and not even blink (don't think about them moving)........I think it's cool.....

in Thailand.....some wild elephants.

You so totally win. This thread should be over after this post!

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Accidentally got WAY too close to an aligator at my gpa's country club in Florida.

TaylorMade Tour Burner 08 9.5
Adams Tight Lies Strong 3
Titleist DCI962 3-PW
Vokey 52, 56, 60
Ping Anser 50th Anniversary

porcupine

SQ Dymo 9.5° Driver X-Flex
SQ Dymo 15° 3W
Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW
SV Tour Wedge 52°
SV Tour Wedge 56° SV Tour Wedge 60° White Hot Tour Putter Sasquatch Tour Stand BagI feel like should be paying me or something.

theres not much on my home course but lots of rabbits and big groups of seagulls (100 or so) and a group of Pukekos which are endangered i think.

Pukekos aren't endangered, they're actually legal to hunt during duck season. Mind you they don't help their survival by hanging out near roads all the time, the amount of times I've nearly hit those bloody things with my car...

• 1 month later...
nothing unusual, but I did wing a squirrel who was chillin' by the green last week. luckily it was on the bounce and no harm was done. had to shoo him back in his whole for my chip shot.

Elk

big bull was just in the bush, not far..it was rut, so they kept a close eye on the cows

crappy part - they trample the greens and they were in rough shape

"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

have seen a fox right in the middle of the fairway in the middle of the day 2 rounds in a row now.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Newport News Park at Deer Run has a ton of deer (it is a certified wildlife sanctuary) - you'll see does running around with their fawns everywhere. On 11 and 16, there are copperheads that like to come out and get suntans on the rocks near the water hazards on each hole - I almost had an unfortunate encounter with one on 11 during the second round of the Pen Am looking for a guy's ball.

Scariest animal encounter was at Cochiti Lake in New Mexico on the 9th tee box - a rattlesnake snuck under our cart as we were teeing off and we didn't see him until we drove away and he was coiled up and shaking his rattle - the cart taking off must have scared him.

At my home course in Upstate NY I have come across red fox's at least three times, and we had a large herron nesting in one of the ponds last year. Vacationing in Mytrle Beach I've come across many alligators as I'm sure most have, along with countless snakes.

But the most pesky animal I've come across is a Oriole nesting on the 5th tee of my home course. This crazy bird has buzzed me countless times over the past few months when I get near the 5th tee. there's a large tree there and I assume the Oriole has nested there with younglings and is protecting them. This dang bird has come right down on top of my head twice, good thing I had a hat on,,,lol!

I've learned that Orioles can be mean,,,lol!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

coolest was a bobcat...sitting on the tee box we were approaching....we moved very slowly....

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Eh nothing too special for me. Just some deer and my local course I play at alot has just ridiculous amounts of geese always on a certain hole. But there are some HUGE frogs in the ponds. I also saw a really big turtle about 20 yards from the green. Owl in a tree once too but I see those around my house a pretty good amount.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I've had a dog run across and steal a brand new Pro V1x out of the fairway. Needless to say I wasn't too happy.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

definitely saw two coyotes on the course today

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

- Ducks (****ing annoying)

- Crows

- Rabbits

- Dogs (every now and then)

No there is no kangaroos or koalas :D
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

Note: This thread is 5410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!