IGNORED

Packing for golf trip to Scotland

Note: This thread is 5586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wanted to get some ideas on what and how much to pack for a week long golf trip to Scotland... if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated... thanks in advance!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

first of LUCKY!!!!
take lots of balls and depending on the weather be sure to take the right kind and amount of clothing

What I Play:
Titleist 910 D3 9.5* Diamana 'ahina X-stiff  | Titleist 909f2 13.5* x-stiff | Taylormade Rescue 19* steel shaft stiff |
Titleist ZB 3-PW S300 | Titleist BV SM 52-08 58-12  | 34" Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | Penta TP

Mix between shorts, pants, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts. A spring jacket. Are you golfing at St. Andrews?

In my Nike Bag...
Driver: 460 SZ 10.5*
Woods: SZ 3 and 7
Hybrid: Ignite
Irons: IgniteWedges: Big Bertha 55*, 58*Putter: FuturaBall: Penta, TP Black

Take what you would normally for a weeks trip,plus your rain gear. Scotland isnt on an other planet they have shops and everything!

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

I *think* in some conservative clubs, if you opt to wear shorts, you have to wear knee length socks. Personally, I'd rather sweat in pants.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah true, that is kind of ridiculous but it definately depends on where your playing. A lot of clubs should be pretty loose about it.

In my Nike Bag...
Driver: 460 SZ 10.5*
Woods: SZ 3 and 7
Hybrid: Ignite
Irons: IgniteWedges: Big Bertha 55*, 58*Putter: FuturaBall: Penta, TP Black

I am a bit wierd about packing. I like to get golf shirts from great courses so I intentionally don't pack enough shirts for my trip (forces me to buy a couple on the trip). I also often bring pants and shirts that are on their last legs and just toss them out along the way. Both these strategies help me keep my luggage to a minimum.

I was in Ireland last summer, I would expect the weather in Scotland to be similar but I could be wrong.

Waterpoof shoes are definitely a plus. Under Armour or some other thermal layer works well so you don't have to wear thick layers of clothing.

Prepare to take more club for any given distance. The ball will not travel as far in colder air, not to mention if it's windy as well. I was often hitting 1-2 clubs more on most shots and it wasn't windy when I was there. Just 40-50 degrees F.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

In addition to the waterproof outerwear, moisture wicking t-shirts help too since they dry much faster.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Many great suggestions given so I don't have anything else to add. However, congrats on your trip, I am so jealous of you. Please post a lengthy description of your trip when you get back.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

Many thanks to everyone for their posts and advice, it is much appreciated! There are 12 of us making the trip... We are playing St. Andrews Old and Jubilee, Troon, Prestwick, Carnoustie, and Kingsbarns... We leave in two weeks, can't wait to get there and see these great courses in person after seeing them on tv and reading about them for 25+ years... Thanks again to everyone!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Wanted to get some ideas on what and how much to pack for a week long golf trip to Scotland... if anyone has some advice it would be much appreciated... thanks in advance!

I wouldn't bother with shorts. If its over 80 they'll think they're going to die but being from Dallas you should be just fine. I grew up in Houston and London and I don't think I was ever hot in the UK, and I was there for the el-nino heat waves in the mid 90s. There's no a/c but you don't need it. Scotland will likely be even cooler than London but most of the island has a pretty similar climate. Of course I am really warm blooded and keep my house at 82 in the summer and have no problem walking 18 in the July Houston heat.

Bring rain gear for sure. Congrats on the trip! When I lived there I was too young to play the famous courses but I walked some of them with my dad while he played, and I played some of the lesser known courses. It is an awesome experience and Scotland is the most beautiful place I have ever seen, like something out of a fairy tale.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Single malt fan?
Leave some room in the bag to bring a hard-to-find one back home.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Have a wonderful, safe trip. Take a bunch of Dallas Cowboys stuff to give to people. Most over there love the Dallas Cowboys. Buy a bunch of cheap Dallas Cowboy pens, playing cards, shot glasses, whatever (bonus if you can find stuff with the cheerleaders on it). They will be good for trading (Cowboy coffee mug for a cool Scottish Football team scarf, etc)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Single malt fan?

Great idea, I plan on sampling some of Scotland's finest

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Have a wonderful, safe trip. Take a bunch of Dallas Cowboys stuff to give to people. Most over there love the Dallas Cowboys. Buy a bunch of cheap Dallas Cowboy pens, playing cards, shot glasses, whatever (bonus if you can find stuff with the cheerleaders on it). They will be good for trading (Cowboy coffee mug for a cool Scottish Football team scarf, etc)

I hadn't thought of that but great idea! Thanks uttexas

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Is this based on experience?

Its not anything I have heard of before!

Note: This thread is 5586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!