IGNORED

Dancin Dogg Optishot simulator

Note: This thread is 2766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was bored after my shift yesterday and actually played a round at Liberty National on a Full Swing Golf simulator.

I was absolutely atrocious around the greens (it's very hard to putt well) and they don't seem to have active trees/hazards but overall it's a blast. Saving my pennies now so when the time comes I can get one lol

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Thanks for the info. I was also looking into getting one. I am new to golf and want to get better as fast as possible. I hate when I cant go play.

Did you use anything to adjust to the hight of the machine?

What's in my bag
SQ driver 9.5 degree
VR Irons 4-AW
White Ice #1
3 hybrid pro v1

I didn't, but it's only about 1 1/4" high which is better than most lies I get into. I'm actually going to use two layers of carpet that I'm removing from my house to build up around it this year. I haven't got mine set up again yet, but its gotten cold so it may come out this weekend. Like I said, once you set it up for your specs it's plenty good. Good luck with it.

Driver FT 9 DVS 60 S
3 wood x 3 wood C S
Hybrid TP Mid 2H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 3H Irod S
Hybrid Mid 4H Irod SIrons 6- PW X-20 Tours DG S300Wedges X-Tour 50, 54, 60Putter Hybrid two bar

If you get the optishot let everyone know. I was also looking at buying it.

It looks like I won't be getting it this year, my wife has decided against turning the kid's den into a games room Grrrrr

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

The Opti comes with High Density foam balls, so it would of been OK, but the wife says we have a fairway out back that is empty every night after 6pm, my argument was that this time of year it's dark by 6pm, but I wasn't going to win!

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

I had the chance to demo an Optishot and it's a really neat system. If I had the space I'd seriously consider buying one.

However, a few things to be aware of. First, you need a room such as a garage that doesn't get much (if any) light. The sensors don't work right if they pick up any sun. To be honest, even at night in my living room I couldn't get it to read properly, and that was likely because the light was just not the right type. Secondly, to optimize the system and actually play the high level courses and hook it into your big screen TV, you need a pretty high-end computer built for games and with a good video capability. My Dell laptop couldn't handle it, so the most I could do was the driving range, which was still cool. You can see swing speed, face angle/path, ball flight, etc. I was able to take full swings in my living room, even with a driver, but it's hard to make a comfortable swing without plenty of room around, and even the foam balls really rocket off walls and stuff and while they wouldn't break a window or anything, they could knock something over. Finally, think of a way to build up a stance, because the mat is about 2.5" thick, which would surely make throw off your stance if you're on the ground and the ball is a couple inches higher.

Don't get it as a substitute for a Trackman, but as a game, I could see it being really fun if you've got the space and the computer capable of handling it.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

Got one in November, big screen is now in basement living room is a golf course for the winter, only room in the house that would accomidate a full swing.

Set up is important had to buy light blocking drapes and follow instructions about lighting.  Reads driver fine for ball flight but the tempo clock seems to start when that big reflective r7 is first placed behind the ball.  My scores when I first got it where the same as when I play.  I've been using it to improve my game.  Hitting 3 dozen balls at lunch time doing drills only, and play 9 holes every night the feed back has helped me improve my swing quickly (the drills I never would make myself do at the driving range are helping too, I think) I've gone from shooting around 115 when I got this to an 87 two nights ago.(select auto putt if you get one the putting will make you crazy) Went with foam balls, king size sheet, HD LCD projector and my $500 Gateway laptop (Hint by the extra ram) set up working great.  Since I had the laptop figure with drapes and a  driving mat figure I've about $1,400 in it.

Left this on another thread but for what it's worth my two cents:

Got one in November, big screen is now in basement living room is a golf course for the winter, only room in the house that would accomidate a full swing.

Set up is important had to buy light blocking drapes and follow instructions about lighting.  Reads driver fine for ball flight but the tempo clock seems to start when that big reflective r7 is first placed behind the ball.  My scores when I first got it where the same as when I play.  I've been using it to improve my game.  Hitting 3 dozen balls at lunch time doing drills only, and play 9 holes every night the feed back has helped me improve my swing quickly (the drills I never would make myself do at the driving range are helping too, I think) I've gone from shooting around 115 when I got this to an 87 two nights ago.(select auto putt if you get one the putting will make you crazy) Went with foam balls, king size sheet, HD LCD projector and my $500 Gateway laptop (Hint by the extra ram) set up working great.  Since I had the laptop figure with drapes and a  driving mat figure I've about $1,400 in it.

Fairly new to golf just finished third season and here in Nebraska that means about 18 months of golfing.  Got an Optishot just before Thanksgiving, love my kids and Grand kids but have to admit I was excited about getting home after the holiday so I could try it out.  I had read the blogs and chats so had some health skepticism.  Hooked it to the lap top grab the driver sliced one out of bounds looking at the swing info and was shocked that with an outside in swing and my club face 24* open it went as far as it did. So over the weekend I played three rounds of golf shot a 118,116 and 115.  Those scores sold me on the accuracy they were about the same as at the end of the golf season 110 to 120. (Some tweaking of club set up is required to get the same distance your used to)  This was enough to get to invest in a projector and and commit to have the living room as a golf course for the winter. Since getting the optishot I have settled into a habit of hitting 3 or 4 dozen balls at lunch time doing swing drills and driving range work, I play nine holes each evening.  Shot an 87 the other night and mid 90's are now the norm.  The feed back of seeing why your shot went where it did as well as seeing how a swing change effected your swing has been great for me as work on my game.  Also plug for you-tube and golf channel for ideas on things to try.

I love my opti-shot golf simulator. I am a high handicapper and the simulator has helped me with my swing. You need to set it up properly for it to work well. Once I entered in all the specs of my clubs, it has worked so much better. Also, I taped my woods and hybrids with black electricians tape and put on the reflective strips on the bottom of the club and that made a huge difference. I also have the strips on the bottom of my irons/ wedges as well. I mostly use the driving range the most. It's just so nice to be able to hit some golf balls in the winter and see where they go. The mat is heavy duty and feel like I can hit it with a baseball bat and none of the sensors will break.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

Originally Posted by chepnut

Yeah no kidding. I have done a lot of research on the optishot, and I will read in some places that its ok but its not P3pro. But then I will hear people actually talk about the product and all they do is rave about it and say how accurate it is, and that they can shape shots and the distances are pretty close. All I am looking for is something that I can plug into the HTPC and either practice like I am at the range or play a round while everybody is asleep, so IMO this fits the bill without breaking the bank. I also like the fact that I don't have to tape up my clubs.

I know it says you can use your clubs without taping them, but when I would use my driver, it would not register at all. Once I taped my driver, it worked perfectly.

10.5* Adams Super Fast 10
17*, 21* Adams Black Super Hybrid
X-24 irons
Jaws 52*,56*,60* Wedges
White Ice #9 Putter

Top Flite Gamer v2

• 3 weeks later...
I'm curious if anyone has used this system mainly for swing analysis. I have been looking into these for years but didn't want to spend a fortune. Do these work great for low hdcp people, or is there a better one that is recommended. I'm torn between using the video analysis or this system to see how my ball contact can improve. I'm a low hdcp and just had a baby so I want to practice in my garage and back yard more now so I can still enjoy shooting some low scores. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

What about the 180 day guarantee? I don't think it is valid outside the USA, unless it is purchased from an authorized dealer. If it comes from elsewhere,

you may be struck, since the reseller is not going to pay for a new one for you?  Do prices on pirate sites include shipping and VAT,Tiger Woods Tour/08,

Teaching software?

Thailand has the only official dancindogg site in Southeast Asia

www.dancindogggolfsimulator.in.th

They guarantee all simulators, screens, nets and cages, includes VAT and shipping, Tiger Woods(100's of free courses) and Teaching software

• 2 weeks later...

I have had one for over a year now and it has been a lot of fun and a big help.  It is nice to be able to see a tip on the golf channel and take the laptop to the garage and give it a try.  It is pretty accurate as far as club speed and swing path, but it cannot read if you are making good contact w/ the ball.  It has really helped me go from an outside in swing to inside out.  Mine is set up in the garage w/ a net hanging from the ceiling, a cheap projector and a 5'x5' hitting mat (all bought off ebay).  I think I have about $700 in the whole system, not including the laptop.  The mat I have just sits next to the mat w/ the sensors to get you to the right height and be able to get better traction than hitting off the concrete.  One thing to think about is putting something behind the sensors incare your swing gets a little crazy when you are trying something new (I put a small dent in my old driver by hitting the garage floor while trying to change my swing). I think the mat that you could buy through their website has a cutout for the sensor, so that would not be an issue.  As others have said, the driver can be tricky to get the system to read right, but I use an old driver that has a silver bottom and it works great (and I also no longer have to worry about putting more dents in my driver).  It has been durable so far... I have had no problem w/ the sensors or hitting surface, however, I have cracked the plastic edge w/ a wild swing (a piece that does not effect the system in any way at all).  The only complaint I get from my wife is that it is kind of loud, especially when you tee one up, however, there is an option to not use a ball at all.  The system is set up to read differently if you use a real ball, foam ball or no ball at all (I stick to the foam or no ball at all).  I would highly recommend the system as a game and a tool to work on your swing plane, but just remember that it will not read if you top the ball, etc.  I have only had it for about 15 months and I have gotten well more than my money's worth out of it.

• 7 months later...

Anyone hit on one of these?  I was going to get the garage in shape for winter practice. I was curious how accurate it was.  I'm not expecting it to be a trackman just something reasonably accurate that we can play some golf when there is snow outside.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!