IGNORED

Us Open Winner Poll

Wood
Note: This thread is 6530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Who wins

• Tiger Woods
    • Lefty Phil
    • Goosen
    • Singh
    • Els
    • Furyk
    • Scott
    • Donald
    • Toms
    • Harrington
    • Garcia
    • David Howell
    • Ames
    • Appleby
    • Tim Clark
    • Other

Simple- who wins?
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

tiger...hes gopnna be too focused and his putting has been great in practice.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Tiger is always a safe bet but I'm sticking with Donald from my earlier prediction. "Luke Donald Golf" will get the job done!

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger, hes gonna be 100% focused.
In the bag...
Driver: Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler
3-pw: Taylor Made rac OS2
Wedges Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Pro V1 or NXT

I think Phil will take it, but I'm hoping Goosen will, I love watching that guy play golf. When he's on, he is the best in the world(i.e. when he won at Shinnecock).

Driver: Square Two Power Circle TI, stiff graphite
5-Wood: Orlimar Trimetal 19*, stiff graphite
Irons: Taylor Made RAC OS 3-PW, regular flex steel
Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl, 56* Callaway Forged wedge, vintage finish
Putter: Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel Newport BeachBalls: Callaway...

Tiger will play poorly the first day, and then roar back with three straight rounds in the 60's to win by two strokes at 1 over par.

• Administrator
All of the staff predictions, including mine, can be found here .

I suggest y'all fill out the same questions we did:

Thoughts on the Course
Winner and Score
Dark-Horse Winner
Biggest Disappointment
Largest Surprise
Bonus Pick

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
I think Phil will take it, but I'm hoping Goosen will, I love watching that guy play golf. When he's on, he is the best in the world(i.e. when he won at Bethpage).

Tiger won at Bethpage.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thoughts on the Course: Not too sure about the course but I hear the ROUGH will be something to talk about. Can wait to see it on TV.

Winner and Score: No question in my mind, Tiger Woods > Even Par

Dark-Horse Winner: Jay Haas, not sure why, but he made the ESPN Fantasy Golf team so why not!!!!

Biggest Disappointment:I dont see Vijay making the cut!!!!

Largest Surprise: Someone not in this weeks "Bunkers Dozen" making a run on the final day!!!!!

Bonus Pick: I will go with Furyk on this as he is a proud member of the ESPN Fantasy team as well!!!

Afer Sunday, my picks will be the Monday morning "water cooler" conversational piece!!!!!

My long shot bet is on Vijay. He was slumping for a while, but looked good last weekend - I think he'll break the trend and fianlly get US Open title - probably his last chance too...

Vijay could be right there. Goosen is tough. Els could very well make a come back. Tiger is always a threat to win and right now Phil is the best player in the world.

I gotta go with Phil. Sounds simple but it'll probably come down to who stays in the fairway/first cut the most and who's short game is going. Putting wins tourneys and you have to like the chances of the best putter in the game--Phil.

Starts iin 15 minutes!!!

In the bag:

Orlimar HipSteel 8.5 Driver
Orlimar Tri Metal 3 Wood 15*
Titliest 775 CB Irons Ping Anser 2

Well, as I said in the staff predictions, I'm sticking with Jim Furyk. The decision looks good so far, as he is Even through 14 holes. He looked fine when I saw him this morning, but that rough could wear him down as the weekend rolls along.

It's just shocking to see so many players struggling badly. Toms +8, Goosen +4, DL3 +7, Leonard +6, Immelman +7, etc. etc. etc. And Luke Donald at +8 is crazy!!!

It's going to get very ugly!

Furyk at -1. Phil just drained a birdie put from about 15 to get to even. I think Veejah is still even or +1

This is the crew we want to see playing well. Tiger's off in a bit.

In the bag:

Yep, Furyk just finished at Even for the first day. That's what I picked for him to win the tournament, so all he needs is three more 70s.

I honestly think three more 70s might get the job done.

Yep, Furyk just finished at Even for the first day. That's what I picked for him to win the tournament, so all he needs is three more 70s.

I agree although Tiger hasnt teed off yet. Phil just finished at even as well. Veejah, Weir, Montey, etc. all about to finish right around there (+1 right now).

Good stuff.

In the bag:

Wow, did I ever pick a stinker. Donald is what, 8-over after the first day? Ouch. So much for "Luke Donald golf" getting the job done.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Wow, did I ever pick a stinker.

Luke Donald Golf™ beat out Lee Janzen Golf™, Tadd Fujikawa Golf™, Olin Browne Golf™, Brett Quigley Golf™, and Tom Pernice Jr. Golf™, not to mention David Toms Golf™ and tied Sergio Garcia Golf™ and Tom Lehman Golf™.

I'm just somewhat happy Jay Haas beat Tiger Woods today.

well after day one, my pick of tiger missing the cut is looking alot better than everyone who said hed win, hes right on the cut line as it is....

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

Note: This thread is 6530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!