IGNORED

Southeast location to spend a few days

Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recently I ran into a friend from school that had not seen in 20 years. We were best friends in school. Both our wives play golf so we decided to do an annual 3-5 day golf trip together. Last year we went to Pinehurst and this year to Reynolds Plantation in Atlanta. We rent an apt,play 18 holes each day and then eat, drink, hang out in the area. Planning our trip for next year.
We have both played several times over the years in Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head so we were trying to go to a different (and not so crowded place).

He lives in N.C. and I live in Fl. so looking in the Southeast

Suggestions please?
Amelia Island?

The Santee area of SC is getting some high raves from guys I know who go every year. They say the cost is very low and the golfing quality is huge. They play 27-36 holes each day, stay in cabins on one of the courses they play....grill out and enjoy some cold beverages every evening and just have a ball.

I may go along on next year's trip.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Look at Tanglewood Park in Forsyth County, NC. 2 of the top 25 courses in the state there. The "Championship Course" held a PGA Championship in the 70's and you can play it all day for $37. The other course, Reynolds, is super nice, as well, and can be played for $25. The 2 courses are located inside the park and there are many choices for places to stay both in and outside the park. There are cabins and a mansion-turned-hotel. The park was previously one of the Reynolds family getaways. Spacious, beautiful and extremely relaxing. Has a nice Par 3 course and very cool swimming facility. It's a great place.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

• Administrator
Look at Tanglewood Park in Forsyth County, NC. 2 of the top 25 courses in the state there. The "Championship Course" held a PGA Championship in the 70's and you can play it all day for $37. The other course, Reynolds, is super nice, as well, and can be played for $25. The 2 courses are located inside the park and there are many choices for places to stay both in and outside the park. There are cabins and a mansion-turned-hotel. The park was previously one of the Reynolds family getaways. Spacious, beautiful and extremely relaxing. Has a nice Par 3 course and very cool swimming facility. It's a great place.

Tanglewood is great. Great course (not so much the Reynolds course - it's a bit goofy).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have you done the Palm Coast/St. Augustine area yet?

Hall of Fame, including their 2 courses, TPC Sawgrass, Hammock Dunes, and the other Palm Coast courses. Plenty of oceanfront restaurants and bars......

That area is on our list for an easy 4-some getaway later this year.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Palm Coast at Ginn Hammock with Ocean/Conservatory and World Golf Village nearby as well as could shoot to Sawgrass. Given your past two this seems appropriate. Not Amelia Island.....

Thanks guys. I will look into all those posssibilities.
I am not that thrilled about Amelia Island except is an easy almost equidisrtant drive for both.
Any others .............let me know.

We are going to play Tobacco Road (Pinehurst) soon. That whole area is supposed to be incredible. Also, Callaway Gardens is apparently great. Or, St. Simons-Sea Island is cool too which I've been too. Lots of spots through the SE.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

How about somewhere on the Robert Trent Jones Trail in Alabama? The Grand National in Opelika would be your best bet (two championship courses and an eighteen-hole pitch-and-putt on steroids).

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

My dad and uncle played at Kiawah Island Resort near Charleston, SC recently and loved it. Don't have any personal experience, but from the pictures it looks nice.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!