IGNORED

Mickelson playing ths year's US Open!

RichF
Note: This thread is 5588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Have you seen recently. I don't think I would call him fat by any means. He is in better shape than 95% of Americans and as good as shape as 95% of the PGA tour members.

Yeah, he still has a ways to go (specifically the upper torso area), but I'll give him a lot of credit here this year. He's slimmed down.

Still shouldn't wear all black with a white belt - he's not that thin - but he's much more svelte than he's been in awhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree with the "phil needs to stop wearing tight shirts" line of thought. He just looks like the chubby kid whos parents wont by him new clothes. Tiger doesnt even go that tight unless he is wearing one of those mock collar things. Who by the way, might be the only person on earth that can get away with wearing those on the golf course...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Have you seen recently. I don't think I would call him fat by any means. He is in better shape than 95% of Americans and as good as shape as 95% of the PGA tour members.

Yeah, he still has a ways to go...Still shouldn't wear all black with a white belt - he's not

I agree with the "phil needs to stop wearing tight shirts" line of thought. He just looks like the chubby kid whos parents wont by him new clothes......

Oh no! What have I done?

But yeah - definitely agree with the 'no more all black white belt' thing. Leave that for camilo and sergio.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

To answer the New York love affair with Phill it is his going into the crowds to say Hi and high 5 people and sign autographs till there are none left to sign.It also stems from at the time 2002 he was the quote best golfer to never win a Major,thus an underdog and NY allways roots for the underdog.Tiger at that time allmost never lost so NYers wanted to knock off the king.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Tiger doesnt even go that tight unless he is wearing one of those mock collar things. Who by the way, might be the only person on earth that can get away with wearing those on the golf course...

Jason Gore wears them! Why, Jase, why?!?!?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I agree totally that he isn't super thin. But the only way to really judge his weight is to see him in person. I have never seen the new or old phil in real life so I can't say.

But I have recently lost 50 pounds and I am still moderately fat and I am sure a little more in the middle than phil.

Brian

I heard that he is going to be at the St.Jude in Memphis which is next week...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Just got done watching some phil videos from earlier in the year. I would by no means call him fat. He no longer has the infamous man boobs. His arms look pretty ripped.

Brian

the shirts he wears are friggin lame though. Really short arm sleeves. Honestly, no self respecting golfer would wear that crap.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I would almost consider it an insult if NY'ers were rooting for me. I recall attending the Marlins World Series against the Yanks and the fans were absolutely the most obnoxious group of human beings I have ever been exposed to. Awful.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I would almost consider it an insult if NY'ers were rooting for me. I recall attending the Marlins World Series against the Yanks and the fans were absolutely the most obnoxious group of human beings I have ever been exposed to. Awful.

Clearly you haven't been to a Red Sox or Patriots game :P

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Why? He's barely taken a break. He's playing the week before. Amy's illness seems to have been initially thought to be much worse than it is (hopefully so), so Phil's basically playing a normal schedule. He's missed one tournament he'd normally play: Colonial. And he contended last time at Bethpage.

It is completely a gut feeling... I think that there will be a lot on his mind and he just won't contend. It's just a feeling, nothing more, and I do hope I'm wrong. I know it would be difficult for me to concentrate if I were in his situation.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Not for nothing but have you seen what the "Men" wear on Collins ave?We may be a little rough around the edges but WE ARE MEN

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

• Administrator
It is completely a gut feeling... I think that there will be a lot on his mind and he just won't contend. It's just a feeling, nothing more, and I do hope I'm wrong. I know it would be difficult for me to concentrate if I were in his situation.

The opposite might be true as well: he might feel such a sense of relief that he plays really well.

It sounds as if they announced some information about Amy's illness a bit too early. She's still having surgery, but they seem to have caught it early, and if Phil's back out on Tour after basically taking one tournament off, that's good news for Amy's health. Phil will have missed about a week of practice... and again, if he feels relieved, that may buoy him as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The opposite might be true as well: he might feel such a sense of relief that he plays really well.

well, I hope that is the case... it's always more when Tiger and Phil are in the hunt.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Like him or hate him, you have to admit, that is good news for the game!

I can understand not being a huge fan of his, but are there really people out there that actually "hate" him?

Seems like a pretty nice guy to me, can't see any reason to take it to that level.
Driver: Nakashima HTEC 440cc 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki X73
3 Wood: 909F3 15* w/Fujikura Pro-95 X-Stiff
Hybrid: Nakashima 2 iron 19* w/ KBS Tour shaft 6.5
Irons 3-PW: 690.MB w/ KBS Tour Shafts 6.5
Wedges: Black Nickel Spin Milled 56.11* & 60.04* w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel Wedge ShaftsPutter: Pro...

Glad to hear he's back, although it looks like he'll be playing for second!

Hard to know whether his head will be right anyway, given the unfortunate circumstances. I wish him well.

-----------------------
Golf Predictor Guru
-----------------------

I have been playing on Bethpages other courses everyweek and have seen all the changes that have been done to the Black[played it 2 weeks ago}and can tell you it will play 3 strokes easier this time around.The USGA nit wit in charge of course set up has gone to "graduated rough" which will take a lot of the teeth out of the course.Yesterday some moron from chanell 4 got to play it and he complained about the rough around the greens being to thick and high and he was told they were going to trim it closer.The greens on the Black are not tough.The best defence for the course is that you have a hard time hitting said greens.Widen the fairways and cut the rough and it is defenceless.Either woods or Mickelson at 8 under will win it.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4

Note: This thread is 5588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!