IGNORED

Tiger equipment change for Memorial.

RichF
Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, because he has won 14 majors with nike, that isn't good enough. And the pro's would be resorting back to older but still Nike clubs. <.<

But Nike wants to sell new clubs, not have players hang onto their old ones (or buy them from someone else on ebay). Fewer new club sales > less money for endorsements contracts. Not that the pros would care about taking smaller endorsement $$, of course.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, winning a tournament and a couple top tens isnt much at all...

I was being sarcastic
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

He's back to the original forged blades because they are like the forged Titleist blades he played all his life and likes them better and feels they give him the best chance. Its really that simple right?

idk if this has been mentioned but it appears he's playing the SV tour wedge too, not the victory red model.

http://images.cbssports.com/u/ap/pho...3_1024x768.jpg

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Prior to signing with Nike, Tiger played Titleist 680 Forged blades, almost exactly like the Nike Blades he switched back to now and very similar to Mizuno MP33 and Titleist 690.MB

I was at the memorial Wednesday and indeed saw he was striking with his old forged blades again.

Ernie Els switched back to blades too and is playing those sweet Callaway Prototype forged blades. Ernie looks good lately and is playing well at Muirfield

Didn't Woods use the VR clubs in the U.S. Open win last year? or was it just the wedge?

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

idk if this has been mentioned but it appears he's playing the SV tour wedge too, not the victory red model.

I'm pretty sure he'd always been playing them this year...I think he kept one SV Tour in his bag and his other wedge was a VR...not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure he had an SV Tour in his bag this year.

Edit: I just checked the leaderboards...ouch Tiger, +2 on Friday...

I'm surprised he would use two different wedges. Find that hard to believe.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

How long do you suppose it would take Nike to forge up a set for tiger if he wanted something totally different? I'm pretty sure every engineer would be called in to work 24 hours a day until they had them ready for him to play. Just stamp 'em Vr and nobody will know the difference.

I had a chance to try out the Vr blades at Golf Galaxy because they had the fitting system out for Nike. The irons seemed really strong. Hit them against the ZMs because the store was dead and the pro had time to kill. The Vrs were seemed like they were a bit more forgiving than the ZMs (both had next to none, duh). But I'm sure that the consumer product isn't quite what they give to Tiger or any other player.

Being the best in the world, maybe the best ever, don't you think that sometime there will be a TW blade that pushes the existing limits of blades? Even less forgiving, thinner, smaller, longer?

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Interesting. You have to go with what works for your game. I dont think that makes Nike an inferior brand because Tiger is switching clubs. I highly doubt that his "VR's" were exactly like the ones you buy off the shelf anyway. It looks like his driver is also a "tour" or Tiger issue.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

The blades Tiger is playing this week are not VR prototypes, they are almost identical to the original Nike blades he has always played prior to testing out the VR type this season. I was standing 12 ft from his bag on #8 at Muirfield and saw them personally. He was still wearing a VR on his hat though

I'm heading back up to the Memorial this afternoon, I'm hoping Tiger can climb the board today. David Duval has put on a lot of weight, I barely recognized him.

I think I remember the Phil M designed a set of wedges, then could not play with them, and went back to his old wedges.

907D2 driver and 906D4 3 wood
Idea Pro Gold 3 4 5 hybrids
Apex Plus 6 7 8 9 E irons
900 52 gap 56 sand 60 lob wedges
Rossa Suzuka Putter

The blades Tiger is playing this week are not VR prototypes, they are almost identical to the original Nike blades he has always played prior to testing out the VR type this season. I was standing 12 ft from his bag on #8 at Muirfield and saw them personally. He was still wearing a VR on his hat though

the set tiger played since he played nike clubs were actually the vr prototypes. he never played the old nike blade or anything alike. the nike irons he played were pretty the same as the titleist 681 T.

pic is from 2003

We all know that he played VR. You read the posts wrong, and you are saying the same thing I did. We are talking about what he is playing this week at the memorial.

Its simple,

Titleist 680 forged blades(pre Nike)
Nike forged blades(his career at Nike)
Nike VR Prototypes (this season including his one win)
Nike forged blades (they are not VR, hes hitting these this week)

there ya go.

We all know that he played VR. You read the posts wrong, and you are saying the same thing I did. We are talking about what he is playing this week at the memorial.

no i think you got my post wrong!

he played with the regular VR irons when he returned including the win and now he is back to his VR prototypes which he played since 2-3 years. The prototypes are the ones with the nike swoosh on the muscle back and the TW logo on the toe.

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!