IGNORED

Taylormade V Steel

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had a Taylormade R580xd driver that had the face cave in near the crown. I sent it in for warranty and they sent out a brand new club. In the meantime I had purchased my Ping G5 driver. The only fairway wood that the store will let me trade on straight up is the V Steel fairway wood. I am wondering what people have found with that club in their travels?

I really need a 3 wood, my current one is a 15 year old Powerbilt.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

I had a Taylormade R580xd driver that had the face cave in near the crown. I sent it in for warranty and they sent out a brand new club. In the meantime I had purchased my Ping G5 driver. The only fairway wood that the store will let me trade on straight up is the V Steel fairway wood. I am wondering what people have found with that club in their travels?

Great clubs and well worth the trade. I think Rafi loves his so much that he will be buried with his

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great clubs and well worth the trade. I think Rafi loves his so much that he will be buried with his

I'd not go THAT far.. I'm a club ho, whatever works is my "favorite club"

V-steel is very nice indeed, especially if you like the steel fairway woods...but I'm not sure if you're getting good deal on it. You might be better off if you'd put the 580xd on eBay and get a v-steel from there too - you might make 30 - 40 bucks on it... Scout some prices.

I have a Taylor Made V Steel 3 wood and it's the best 3 wood I've ever owned. I've had Callaway, Titleist, Nike and this Taylor Made is by far my favorite, it's got a great look when addressing the ball and my confidence with this club in hand is always high. You won't regret the decision.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I went to the retailer and they didn't have a V-steel with a good shaft in it for me. I ended up paying an upcharge and grabbed a Sasquatch 3 wood 15 degree loft. It feels really good on the launch monitor and we'll see how it performs on the track.

Thanks for the advice, I was going to get the V-steel if they would have had it in the proper shaft.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

• 7 years later...
This was not worth a new thread so I am posting in this really aged one. While out and about yesterday I came across a Taylormade V steel 3 wood. I have read so many great things in the past and a few recently about how great the TM V steel fw are. I took a bunch of hacks with it and my swing just wasn't meant for the shaft and 3 wood combo. Can't remember he shaft but it got me thinking that maybe with the right shaft this could be a fun club. They are dirt cheap now if you could find one. For fun anyone still use a V steel and if so did you have a different shaft put in besides the one it came with back when.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I picked up a V Steel 3 wood for $12 - regular shaft with headcover. I've only hit it off the deck a few times, but it's money off the tee for me on tight fairways. 200-220 yards with a slight 5 yard fade. I pulled it out a lot when my driver was slicing into the next fairway.

Russ B.

The one I was hitting had a stiff flex. I wish I knew the name but either way it was too much for me and I was only getting like 195 yds of solid slices with it. It was so cheap I wish I would have bought it. It was in mint condition. Just the shaft combo wasn't for me

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 3742 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!