IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

I voted putter.
If I have a putter in my hand I'm safe. I can't slice/hook/chunk/skull or shank a putter, so I love it, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Golfsmith Enterprise putter, hands down. There are other clubs that I like, but the putter has to win in this poll.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

PW because you just can't mess up with it or so it seems

In my ozone bag:

905r 10.5 Graphite Design YS-6+ R
909 F2 15.5 Aldila VooDoo Fairway S
Benross VeloCT Resuce 21 Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum R MX300s 4-PW KBS Tour S MP-T10 50/8 Chrome 54/11 and 60/7 Studio Select Newport II 35"

I have a Hogan 4 Wood (made of wood), I've had it for over 35 years, I hit 250 yds, and staright as an arrow.

Eventually, I'll get the hint and stop advertising, which is against the rules.

Putter. I hate it and I love hit. Tough relationship

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

For me, it's the driver no doubt. In my opinion there is nothing more rewarding then stepping up to the tee and striping one 275 yards straight down the middle of the fairway. Some say putting because it's how you finish the hole and I say you can't really finish what you haven't properly started.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

i started to say my cobra 3-wood, but there've been days where it's done the epic fail, so i went with my putter. it's just a cheap, off the shelf wilson putter, i think i paid $35 for it brand new, and it's got a feel to it that i have never been able to find in any other putter. 3-putts are few and far between for me with that putter.

I voted 7-iron. It just seems like I have so much confidence in that club. I hardly ever mess up a 7-iron shot. If I just had as much confidence in the rest of my set, I'd be a lot better golfer.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

I went driver because a I hit it well and a good drive always starts a hole off on the right foot.

My sticks:

Ping I15 irons

Ping G5 hybrid

Ping K15 3 wood

Ping G15 driver

Odyssey Whitice Sabertooth putter with extra large Winn grip

I love my 8 iron because from about 150-160 in, I am always pretty accurate with it and can get it to stick on a green.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

I must say, my favorite club is either my 9-iron or putter.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

60 deg. wedge. Cannot live without it

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

I said 3-wood because i can't miss with it. I tee off with it sometimes and i dont really ever have more than 1 or 2 clubs in from what i would be hitting in if i hit driver and its great off the deck

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I'm amazed at how few seem to list their putter as the favorite. I'd bet that if you did this poll among Tour players, the results would be better than 75% choosing the putter. For the rest, a club is a club is a club, but a putter is all about feel, and that makes it a more emotional relationship than any other club. You hear stories like the one about Ben Crenshaw who would reserve a second seat on the plane just for his putter (I think he called it "Little Ben").

Most players I know are very possessive of their putters.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had to go with the 5 Iron. Im more consistant with this than any other club. The driver is fun to bomb 275 yards, but I prefer the 5 for whatever reason.

Note: This thread is 1056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!