IGNORED

golf apparel?

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys what is the best place to buy some golf apparel?

im talking like Khols, JC Penny, places like that, im looking for some good shirts and shorts mostly

thanks

BAG:Nike ExtremeSport 2
DRIVERTaylormade R11
WOODAdamsgolf Insight
IRONSMizuno MX-100's
WEDGEPing 60 & Mizuno MP R Series 56 PUTTERSeemore FGPLOWEST 9:36LOWEST18:74

I've been wondering the same thing. I want my clothes to match my game. Looks good, a bit messy in places, but gets the job done.

I've shopped at an izod store and they have some great clothes no doubt, but they are so expensive. I'm also looking for a place with some great clothes, and not that high of a price.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

FWIW... It's not really a "golf" place but, before my wife was laid off from the place last week she bought me a bunch of golf shorts and shirts from Macy's that were on sale.
The shirts are a Greg Norman line and the shorts are Izod XG.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

I check for sales at the Galaxy, Sports Authority or Dicks. Kohls has a line of golf apparel that is pretty extensive and inexpensive. Certainly there is an outlet mall somewhere nearby where you could get Izod and other brands at discounted prices.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

I used to shop at Steve & Barry's for the Bubba Golf line. Best I can tell, S&B; is out of business. Too bad; less than $10 for what was essentially a store brand Clima-Cool / Dri-Fit was darn good.

Now I get them at Target. I've got four of theirs now - I forget the name. They were on sale last week for like $15 each. Better looking than the Bubba Golf line, in my view. I use the same (Target-brand) for my gym shirts, too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find that TJ Maxx and Ross have pretty good deals on golf apparel. I got a very nice Nike golf shirt from Ross the other day for only $16. Im pretty sure im not going to find a better deal than that anywhere. Also Stein Mart has a large golf dept.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

I used to shop at Steve & Barry's for the Bubba Golf line. Best I can tell, S&B; is out of business. Too bad; less than $10 for what was essentially a store brand Clima-Cool / Dri-Fit was darn good.

Yeah I have about three shirts from there and a pair of shorts and pair of pants from the Bubba line - it was great while it lasted, but at those prices you figured they were bound to go out of business.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I have been going to Stien Mart , and T J max ,and friday night walked into Marshell's with a friend because she said they carried men's clothes, well I left with a pair on nice no-name shorts and an Addias polo that looks and feels just like the clima-cool $50 dollar shirt for a total of $29.00, which I thought was a steal. Will be going back to Marshell's

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

I actually worked at the corporate office of Steve & Barry's. Bad management brought the place down. I only have a few of the Bubba Watson line because I didn't play much golf back then.

I find that TJ Maxx and Ross have pretty good deals on golf apparel. I got a very nice Nike golf shirt from Ross the other day for only $16. Im pretty sure im not going to find a better deal than that anywhere. Also Stein Mart has a large golf dept.

I goto TJ Maxx for my socks.

They never have any of the nice shirts in my size though. If you don't mind shopping online rockbottomgolf.com seems to have some good deals. The thing is though how they fit will be a problem. I hate having too small or big of a shirt when I play.

« Keith »

I say the same thing about Ross.

New Nike Golf polo for 16$.. Can't beat that.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

tjmaxx and marshalls. They get overbought golf shirts all the time. Really cheap and huge discount prices on great golf clothes.

I saw some ad today - I forget who, but I think it was J.C. Penney - that has Arnold Palmer golf shirts on sale for $20.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Usually get them from the Clearance racks at Golf Galaxy, Dicks, Dunhams. Or from Gabriel Brothers (Like a TJ Max but better prices)

My mother will sometimes get me some from Macy's. (Gets an employee discount)

Also I find a bunch from Thrift stores. Alot are brand new. (Usually find them embroidered from events were they had left overs.)

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

Any outlet store (Nike, Adidias, Polo) is usually good for finding good deals. You just have to catch them at the right time. I've seen some shirts at the nearby Nike Outlet for $60, and then a week or two later, it will be on sale for $30.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I say start with TJ Maxx and Marshall's (if available - you can get some great deals if you are willing to spend some time looking), then move on to Kohl's (they carry the Haggar Cool 18 line which is good quality stuff for a good price). I haven't shopped at JCPenney's for years, so I don't know what they have anymore. I get a lot of my stuff at Golf Galaxy and Dick's when stuff goes on sale you can get some good deals. The Slazenger brand that is owned by them is pretty decent quality stuff and sometimes a good deal. You can also find some great deal online at shops like RockBottomGolf.com, Golfsmith and TGW.com. For most other stores it seems like you either have to wait on some big sale or clearance to get good deals on quality golf apparel. I have gotten good deals at Macy's or Dillards but usually only at the end-of-season type sales.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!