IGNORED

Srixon UR-X

Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Picked up a dozen of these today. Havent tried a Srixon ball yet but have heard some great things and they were cheap.
Just wondering what you think of them, pros and cons. Im going to game them tomorrow.
Thanks.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I heard the Z-Star was a VERY underrated ball and the best ball for its money.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Picked up a dozen of these today. Havent tried a Srixon ball yet but have heard some great things and they were cheap.

the UR-X is a pretty old ball. Go see if you can get your hands on some Z-star x's...great ball.

Isn't the Z-star 40$ a doz?

yea, they are. still cheaper than a pro-v

I've played the Z-Star X for a few rounds now and i'd rate them neck and neck with Prov's...still don't spin as much as a v but sometimes when they're soft greens you don't want too much. I'd suggest them to just about anyone looking for a pro-quality ball that's not 45-50 bucks a dozen. just a note, Taylormade TP blacks are 27.50 at dicks.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I've played the Z-Star X for a few rounds now and i'd rate them neck and neck with Prov's...still don't spin as much as a v but sometimes when they're soft greens you don't want too much. I'd suggest them to just about anyone looking for a pro-quality ball that's not 45-50 bucks a dozen. just a note, Taylormade TP blacks are 27.50 at dicks.

Ill be picking up TP blacks soon.

What are the differences between the reds and blacks? Which do you prefer?

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

The Z-Star X competes with the Pro V1x, so it won't spin as much as the Pro V. If you want a softer feel and more spin try the Z-Star. I've played thr Z-Star X since it came out and I love it. It does everything the Titleist balls do and is better in the wind. Check out the review here:

http://thesandtrap.com/balls/srixon_..._x_ball_review

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

• Administrator
It does everything the Titleist balls do...

... except spin on chip shots, pitches, etc.

George and I tested this out a few times when we played during the Memorial. Suffice to say we don't like the Srixons at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The past two weeks I've played the Z-Star and Z-Star X balls. Now I'm not anywhere near a scratch golfer, but I'm definitely improving and (as most do) looking for a ball that stacks up to the Pro-V1/x with added benefits for your type of game.

From what I've noticed in the 4 rounds I've played them - they seem to not spin as much (but thats fine for me - I just want it to stick somewhere within 5 or 10 feet of where it hit the green assuming a crisp shot with a 7 iron or something).

As for greenside pitch/chip/etc shots, its much more noticeable. Unless chunk and run is your bread and butter, you just gotta plan for a little extra roll out.

Off the tee, I guess I don't really have an exact description - it felt heavier. I can't quite explain it, it just feels harder even though it felt fine with iron shots so perhaps someone can fill this one in for me. BUT they also seemed a lot more durable than Pro-V1/x balls. After 9 or so holes there was minimal scuff (even after a bunch of full wedge shots).

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

... except spin on chip shots, pitches, etc.

I've read the website's review on the Z-Star, and it seems to contradict what I've found through my own experience. I've played both a ProV1 and a Z-Star side-by-side, and from what I could tell both performed exactly the same. They both have a different feel (the Z-Star has more of a "clicky"-soft feel where the ProV1 is more of a "mushy"-soft feel), but outside of that I couldn't tell any difference between the two. I was expecting the ProV1 to have more spin around the green, but both held like glue.

Note: This thread is 5436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!