IGNORED

Arrogant golfers!!!

ramrockgolfer35
Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All golfers are arrogant...

Think about both the root of the word (arrogate – to claim or take care of one’s self), and the very nature of the game (solipsism with a stick and ball).

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be new to the internet, this is probably one of the most helpful and kind forums I've ever been on.

besides... its the internet, why take it so seriously.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

You must be new to the internet, this is probably one of the most helpful and kind forums I've ever been on.

That's certainly true and all, but it's hard not to get a little riled up when someone says you're not worth playing with, you're obviously not having fun because you're shooting 100, and you're as bad as you are because you don't care about the game enough.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Agreed. I think everyone has good advice to give since there is always someone better or that has gone through what you are going through. Golf is one of the rare sports where competitors will actually help each other, at least for the most part.

Love your AVI BTW.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all I would like to praise you for shooting a Nickent, those babies are sweet.

You want to play fast public golf in Cincinnati. Play before 7 AM. 95% of golfers don't ever break 100. Without those people there wouldn't be any golf courses that were public. I play public only because I am not in the situation to belong somewhere. Is slow play annoying? Yes. But there are plenty of players who are slow and shoot a 75 and fast players who shoot 95. I play before 8 almost exclusively. I do not shoot in the 70s. I am not the fast player in the world. I play in about 4 hours with a group.

Brian

First of all I would like to praise you for shooting a Nickent, those babies are sweet.

Wow, an 18 year old with a "high-paying job". Mom and dad must appreciate that!

Here's a news flash for you sparky, high-handicappers can, and often do, play just as fast as better players. Slow rounds on public courses are usually more the result of density of players than the quality of play. Personally, I'd rather play with a high-handicapper that keeps moving, than someone who thinks his next stop is the PGA tour just because he's the hero of his high school golf team. As for the maturity issue, that should come with time......once you learn that it's not all about you.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And to anwser the question I think people around this forum are pretty nice. I like to banter about golf and most people here are pretty respectful. Sure some aren't but for the most part I enjoy BSing on the TST. Some people really know alot more about golf than I do and I trust there judjement about rules, different putting techniques, and other areas. I have learned alot and really like the community here.

Brian

I'm a arrogant dick on the golf course (and off, to people who like talking about how good their new Top Flite (sp) Gamers are). I dont like playing with people who don't hit 80% to 85% of there fairways and greens.

You hit 85% of fairways and greens and are still only a 3.7? You must be the best ball striker and worst putter in the world. Sounds like you need to spend some time on the putting green

I often see 15+ handicappers giving tips, I IMMEDIATELY skip over them

why? At what "handicap range" does a person qualify to give advise? There are quite a few high cappers that know a ton more about the mechanics of the golf swing then I do (and believe it or not, then you do too).

…and responding to the OP's comment, there are high and low cap DB's on these forums. Remember the ignore feature works wonders (I've already added one poster from this thread to my ignore list ).

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I'm a arrogant dick...Agree?...

There's nothing wrong with high cappers giving tips. Just because one can't execute a specific shot perfectly as often as a single digit doesn't mean that same person doesn't know how a proper swing works. Perhaps a few college courses in logic and reasoning will do you good.

To answer the OP - there's bound to be trolls here and there, but this is the internet! It wouldn't be the same without em

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I have seen a lot of posts from guys who have a low handicap and they mostly sound like a bunch of elitist A-holes.

I was going to totally disagree (especially regarding this Forum) with you until I read this next guy....
I'm a arrogant dick on the golf course (and off, to people who like talking about how good their new Top Flite (sp) Gamers are).

Wow, you must not have many playing partners you like playing with. Let's see, the PGA Tour driving accuracy (your fairway hit percentage) is 61%. The Tours Greens in regulation average is 64% Your tolerance threshold minimum for either category is an amazing 80%! Since we can all safely assume you hit at least 80-85% of both. You have my vote for the best golfer on the Internet! DATA SOURCE
Please tell me that you're just kidding and are only trying to be funny here.

I think he's serious.

Wow, an 18 year old with a "high-paying job". Mom and dad must appreciate that!

I'm dissapointed in your response, looks like you are trying to blow a little steam off in this thread. I agree with the fact that slow play is due to a high density, a high density of women and old guys (no offense to you old guys and women).

I completely disagree with your comment that high handicappers shoot just as fast as a person like me or you. Its a know fact when you duff it off the tee, have poor second shots, can barely knock it out of the bunker, and are looking for balls in the woods you are going to play slower. When I have solid guys in front of me the play is never slow, often at country clubs the play is never slow, and when you pay 60 bones a round, the play is never slow. Why? Because shitty golfers do not want to pay 66 a round and shoot 95. Oh yeah and I dont like High School Golf, I played soccer, and have absolutely zero inspirations of playing tour golf. I feel you can't have a job to play on the PGA tour. Requires extreme dedication and commitment as you guys already know.

...I agree with the fact that slow play is due to a high density, a high density of women and old guys (no offense to you old guys and women)...I completely disagree with your comment that high handicappers shoot just as fast as a person like me or you. Its a know fact when you duff it off the tee, have poor second shots, can barely knock it out of the bunker, and are looking for balls in the woods you are going to play slower...

Your logic is faulty here too. Your assumption is that all high handicappers don't know any better and actually play the ball down 24-7. Anyone with common sense (golfers included) would know to simply keep pace and take a drop if they keep duffing it off the tee.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Where's "William LeWolf" (or whatever his name was...) when you need him???

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!