IGNORED

which 3-wood?

Note: This thread is 5430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Look into the Tour Edge Exotics CB2, last years model but still one of the longest hottest heads out there. And, they make a 16.5 degree four wood. Downside is they are still $$$$, but well worth the money. These clubs can be custom ordered with virtually any shaft to any length and SW.

I would even go as far as saying trying a 16-degree hybrid? easier to hit than the three-wood and its 2.5 inches shorter... and you might hit the ball ten yards shorter with it... but its easier to hit...

Just a suggestion

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i love the diablo 3w ... and hey lefty uses it ;)

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

A good 3-wood alternative is the Ping G10 4 wood. It has 17* of loft, a bit more than your average 3 wood, but has a 43" shaft. From personal experience it's a powerful club.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

See my comments on this thread . I also second what someone else said about the Ping G10 fairway woods.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I've just replaced my TM V-Steel 15˚ with the Mizuno MX-700 15˚. It sends the ball high and long.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

I've just replaced my TM V-Steel 15˚ with the Mizuno MX-700 15˚. It sends the ball high and long.

The MX-700 woods are supposed to be incredible. I've not tried them myself but reports coming back from the 'field' are good :)

In my bag:

D: Burner 2009 10.5˚
3W: Burner 2009 15˚
5W: Burner 2008 18˚R: Rescue Burner 25˚I: X-20 (4-SW)W: CG12 52˚P: Black #2

The MX-700 woods are supposed to be incredible. I've not tried them myself but reports coming back from the 'field' are good :)

they are incredible. ive hit them a few times myself and freaking love them.

they are incredible. ive hit them a few times myself and freaking love them.

Cool. I'll give them a shot when I next get a chance... where are those demo days, already?

In my bag:

D: Burner 2009 10.5˚
3W: Burner 2009 15˚
5W: Burner 2008 18˚R: Rescue Burner 25˚I: X-20 (4-SW)W: CG12 52˚P: Black #2

Can't find anything better than my old TM V-Steel...with how old they are now I'm sure you could find a deal on them. But the Mizuno's do look interesting.

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

I'm really liking my Callaway FT #3 Wood, just a solid easy to hit performer, nothing fancy it just gets the job done

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

+1 for the FT-i Squareway, it is really forgiving and keeps the hits pretty straight even if you mess up a little

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

I'm hitting GEEKS and they're as long as it gets. I've never hit the CB1 or 2 line from Tour Edge tho'. The ADAMS BUL line are long too.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Callaway FT

Driver: Callaway FT-9 I-MIX -Aldila VooDoo XVS7
Wood: Callaway FT Tour #3 - Fujikura Fit-On E370 X-Flex
Hybrid: TM Rescue Mid #3 - Project X Flighted 6.5
Irons: Mizuno MP52 (3-PW) - Project X Flighted 6.5
Wedges: Muria 54* & 60* - Rifle SpinnerPutter: Scotty Cameron Red X2Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!