IGNORED

Scotty Cameron v. Odyssey

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which putter do you use? Scotty Cameron or Odyssey?

• Scotty Cameron
    • Odyssey

Let's see how many Scotty and Odyssey users are out there. And why you chose which.

*Former High School Golfer*
*Playing at Cabrillo College starting Fall 2009*
* Taylormade R7 460 10.5 degree with ProForce V2 stiff shaft cut to 42"*
* Taylormade R7 TP 15 degree 5 wood
* Taylormade R7 TP 18 degree hybrid** Titleist AP2 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0** Titleist Vokey Design 52.10...

I chose Odyssey over Scotty for the same reason i chose it over the anser and so many others, because I like the feel of the insert putters better than the harsh(IMO) feel of the metal face.......side note, I really really want one of those odyssey black series

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

SC over Odyssey since I don't like the inserts. The ones with no insert seemed to be around the same price as the SC so I went with the name.

« Keith »

odyssey cuz ive had my dual force rossie II since high school. and im a poor college student that cant afford a $300 putter

In the bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 and 5 wood: Steelhead III
3-PW: i3 oversizegap wedge: slingshotSW: i3 bladePutter: Dual Force Rossie IIBall: tour i

I currently use odyssey, but I will probably switch over to scotty cameron soon. Odyssey shoots them straight well, but I find it hard to give it a good feel when shooting along the side of a slope.

G15 10.5 Driver
G15 17 Wood
G10 24 Hybrid
G10 6-PW Irons
52, 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges Detour Newport 2 DT SoLo BallSwing Speed: 111 MPH, wish I could putt.

Before I bought my Scotty i checked out the Odyssey Black Series number 1 and it was ok and don't get me wrong it's a good putter but I didn't think it was that soft. I don't like the way the inserts feel. They feel like plastic and I feel they have no true feeling in relation to the putt. I tried out my Scotty Circa 62 and loved the feel. It was soft and the feel was unbeatable. Also on faster greens it gave me more control over the ball. That's just my two cents.

*Former High School Golfer*
*Playing at Cabrillo College starting Fall 2009*
* Taylormade R7 460 10.5 degree with ProForce V2 stiff shaft cut to 42"*
* Taylormade R7 TP 15 degree 5 wood
* Taylormade R7 TP 18 degree hybrid** Titleist AP2 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0** Titleist Vokey Design 52.10...

I like the feel of the inserts way better. I feel the Scotty is too harsh. I like the two ball alignment also.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Scotty Cameron Kombi $299.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Titleist-Sco...3A1%7C294%3A50

Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy $42
http://cgi.ebay.com/Never-Compromise...3A1%7C294%3A50

I pick the Never Compromise Voodoo Daddy and save $257.99 and make as many putts with the Voodoo Daddy.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Odyssey white hot 2ball.. although i am having difficulty aligning it lately.

Ping MB 52º, 56º
755: 5-W
Steelhead III: 5w, 7w
Ping: G10 10.5 UST Regular
Odyssey white hot 2ball

I played Odyssey most of my golfing life, but found that the lack of insert sets up well for me. I always had issues with speed with my Odysseys, but my speed has been fantastic since i've switched.

What's in the Bag?

HiBore 9.5 deg w/Grafalloy Pro Launch 65
Big Bertha 3w
Tight Lies I-Wood 24 deg ap1 4-pw x-14 3-pw Vokey 52.08, 60.06 Detour Marksman Blade

I currently use odyssey, but I will probably switch over to scotty cameron soon. Odyssey shoots them straight well, but I find it hard to give it a good feel when shooting along the side of a slope.

Indian, not arrow If you can putt a straight putt with it, you can putt one that bends.

I own both (Scotty Futura Phantom center-shafted and Odyssey 2-Ball XG CS), but really prefer the Odyssey. I like the way the Scotty feels, but just never felt as comfortable with alignment with it. I'm definitely more consistent with the 2-Ball.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Odyssey 2 ball, Camerons are overpriced Ping Ansers.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

I dont like inserts. Never have. Give me a stiff block of steel to putt with, anyday. Scotty FTW!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

love the inserts, that's just the way I am. Started without one because I didn't like how springy they were but then I ran into the firmer black series-i and the feel and touch was just right. I've been thinking a lot about picking up a milled putter to see if I get different results but I don't have the cash right now.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dont like inserts. Never have. Give me a stiff block of steel to putt with, anyday. Scotty FTW!

The question isn't whether you like insert putters or otherwise.

Give me a stiff solid block of steel to putt with, any day. That is why I have an Odyssey Black series 1 putter.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I used to have an Odyssey.

Now I putt with the real deal...Scotty Cameron.

I purchased the Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball Blade for $130 used and sold it for $60.

I picked up my Studio Select Newport 2 for $215 and I wouldn't lose $70 on it if I decided to sell it.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I played Odyssey most of my golfing life, but found that the lack of insert sets up well for me. I always had issues with speed with my Odysseys, but my speed has been fantastic since i've switched.

That's pretty much my story as well. After switching to SC, my feel for speed is the best it's ever been, at age 45!

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!