IGNORED

Have you been HIT ?

Rocket
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played with my 13 year old daughter yesterday, we walked and there was no one in front or behind us all day. We were on the 17th green getting ready to putt and all of a sudden she starts screaming and she was hit by a ball. She got hit in the back of the neck.

I looked around and could not see anyone anywhere. Then I realized this ball came from the 17th tee. The hole is a dog-leg right with the green completly hidden by trees. The guy drove the green without looking to see if anyone was on the green. The entire group apologized and said they never saw us, but that is bull sh*t.

Have you ever been hit and what did you do ?

How should I of handled the situation ?

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

Yeh i have.

One day before pennants i was warming up and the guy hit me with a shank & then he apolajized and then went back to hitting and then he hit me again ... he apolijized and then his dad bought me a couple of drinks & when i got to the tee i found out i was versing him, i though yes he'll hit shnks all day didnt happen i was only 1 up on the 18th tee and i was like 1-2 over & then we squared the 18th

I've got mates that have been hit on the 18th which is hit able and people have said i didnt see you its dead straight with small trees and bushes, nothing that obscures your view... one of my mates got hit in the stomach and when the guy came to apolijize (my mate didnt like the guy much anyways) my mate and the guy punched on (had a fight)... right in front of the club house

But if my daughter had been hit and they had seen youze on the green, spit on his name. Its just dumb and ignorant.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I have never been hit with a golf ball but i have hit someone with a golf ball!

Playing a par 5 the group in front were on the next tee box 25 yds left of the green and i pulled my 3rd shot and it took a bounce before hitting a friend of mine in his back, had a nice bruise for a week from me, felt so bad i bought him a pint in the club house to apologize!

TITLEIST 909 D2 10.5* VOODOO STIFF FLEX
TAYLORMADE R9 TP 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX
COBRA BAFFLER PRO 19* STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST 695MB 3-PW STIFF FLEX
TITLEIST VOKEY BLACK NICKEL 52*TITLEIST VOKEY SPIN MILLED 56.10 & 60.04SCOTTY CAMERON 2.6 NEWPORT PUTTERCALLAWAY TOUR IX GOLF BALLTAYLORMADE R7 TP TOUR BAGC...

Ive been hit a couple of times. One on the arm and one in the back. One of the times i was teeing off and some guy teeing on a par 3 tee at least 200 yards away hit me right in the arm. The hole he was playing was only 125 yards. I was really pissed. How do you hit a shot that badly?
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I had a 4some hit my cart twice in two holes. Needless to say i was VERY pissed and had my choice of words with them. I was parked in the middle of the fairway and they still hit.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I've come close to being hit a couple of times. One time we were on a par 5 green and the guys behind us hit from about 260. He said he just smoked a 3W which somehow ended up rolling on the green and ended right at my feet. He came up apologized and we congraulated him!

Other time I'm walking to the next tee box from a par 3, and the group behind us hits, and their shot lands not 3 feet to the right of me, pings the cart path and bounces sky high, then comes down 2 feet to my left. Needless to say I was in the fetal position!

I got hit in the thigh by a shanked shot when I was in 10th grade during practice. It was my fault more than anything because I wasn't paying attention to the guy hitting - it left a little bit of a welt but it went away within a week.

My senior year of HS, I actually broke a coach's hand (from another team) that was standing out of sight on a hole. He was standing over a hill and I hit him on the fly, I think it fractured the 2nd and 3rd metacarpal on his hand (caught him right in between the bones that connect the middle and ring fingers). I apologized for doing it, but it was his fault for not being in sight off the tee.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is OK. I've never been hit, but have had some close calls. Just last weekend, I had a ball drop less than 20 yards away. These guys asked if I saw a ball come that way. My response was, "I almost felt it, thanks for the warning." They looked at me with a blank stare like they did nothing wrong. I will add that I was in plain sight.

If I, or someone in my group hits a wayward shot towards people, or even where people might be on a green or tee box that can't be seen, I yell FORE just in case there is someone there. If nobody is there, great. I think many people are so embarrassed about hitting a bad shot that they develop lockjaw. It's a bad shot. It happens. Get over it and give the appropriate warning to others. When doing so, yell. I've witnessed people say fore in a voice like they are at an upscale restaurant where it could barely be heard 20 yards from them.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have been hit too many times to count. Let's see, I've been hit by golf balls, golf clubs, golf club heads. I was hit with a golf ball while sitting in a golf cart. I was hit with a ball while standing behind the player.

And now that I think about it... I think its been by the same person.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

I played with my 13 year old daughter yesterday, we walked and there was no one in front or behind us all day. We were on the 17th green getting ready to putt and all of a sudden she starts screaming and she was hit by a ball. She got hit in the back of the neck.

Wow. I'm really sorry for your daughter. Give her my sympathies. I know I'd freak if someone was careless and hit my son, so props to you if you were able to control yourself, which is the right thing to do. Guys like that are either one of two varieties:

1. They know they are wrong, their conscience tells them they are wrong, but they won't admit it. 2. They've gone so long ignoring their conscience that they don't even think they are wrong. In either case, making it clear to them that they did something wrong is all that you can do. Guy #1 will say, "I'm sorry" and then promptly give some excuse. Guy #2 will say, "Sorry Dog. My Bad." and then talk about you behind your back when you leave. I think just making an effort to talk to them about it regardless of what their response is would make your daughter feel taken care of, which is the most important thing you can do. If you did that, you did all you could. I got hit once in the shin bone by a 150 yard grounder from someone on the adjacent tee-box. It left a blue knot the size of a large lemon. If it's any consolation, most balls are traveling between 40-50 mph when they land, not the 150 mph from launch. Take care.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

There was a kid on the chipping green one time and he decided to try a flop from hardpan. He skulled it and it hit me right in the shin. It hurt very much.....he is lucky he jit me tho because on that line he probably would have hit a car.....

I have hit someone. I was practicing my chipping when i skulled one and my father tried to catch it. it hit him right in the shoulder and left a rather large bruise.....

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

luckily i haven't. but i've had some pretty close calls. i was in between fairways on adjacent holes looking for my ball (as usual) and some guys who were teeing off from the tips (i guess trying to be macho) and ripped one right at me. the ball flew past me without a single "fore". i was scared to death.

Ouch, I was hit in an almost identical situation, in the upper back/neck area while driving away from the green. seems the guys behind us didn't wait for us to clear all the way! idiots. I hope your daughter is ok.

I have never been hit (by someone elses ball) I've bounced off trees and hit my self lol.

But I almost killed a guy a week ago, literly. I was trying to hit a draw on a dog leg left. I just ended up closing the club face way to much sent it shooting left, line drive and that ball was going FAST, I missed the guys head by a foot. But In all fairness he was in my fairway looking for a ball. I didnt even see him until my ball about smacked him in his head. Regardless I felt bad.

Bad story but Years ago I was playing with my dad and brother in law, were not slow players by anymeans. there were 2 jack offs behind us that drove their balls within 10 yards of us on 3 holes, it became apparent they were doing it on purpose, so we sat down in the middle of the fairway waiting for them. Had our words, It really almost come to a fight (these guys were just punks) So we let them play through. I made it a point to hit my ball right as they were taking their second shot, dropping my ball in close to them as I could. Theres just no excuse for some peoples actions. While now I realize that my actions were probably a little dumb, but they pissed me off to no end.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I've never been hit, but I had a couple of close calls.
As for hitting someone though, I've done it once. My drive hit an old caddy on the thigh.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

i was playing a tournament the other day and i was about 200 yards out. so i pull out my 3 wood and it was probably about the best shot i've hit with that club all day. but there was a gardener on the right side of the fairway and i hit him square on the shoulder. the ball bounced 10 yards to the right into the rough =P the gardener was okay though, good thing.

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!