IGNORED

Golf in extreme H E A T

onthebeach
Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

lumpuckeroo: that thing really works? Wet towels are a lifesaver for sure...if this works better it would be huge for me.

I have not tried it yet, was going to get on for this weekend, we played at 1:00 pm, but didn't get around to the golf store before we played.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I played in Arizona two years ago. A few things we did. Load up on gatorade and water the night before. Also, one thing the course did that was fantastic: provide ice towels. This is something you can do yourself. Just keep them stored in a sealed, plastic bag and you should be okay for the entire round.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I'm playing the Black Tuesday morning at 9:16 and I am torn between bringing my wifes speed cart or carrying as I allways do.They say a high of 80-82 so that should not be so bad.You walk less if you carry as opposed to pushing that damn cart up and down all the hills BUT I can pack a cooler with goodies {fruit and bottled water}.Will have to see how I feel in the morning.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The Frogg Toggs works well.

How do you use that Frogg Togg?

As for whoever mentioned Under Armor underwear at $22, do you mean briefs? What's special about them to keep you cooler? $22... yikes!

May 2009: Back into golf after 5 yr layoff, lovin' it! Best ever hdcp: +1.2
Driver: Titleist 983E 9.5*, 3W: Turner 13*, Hybrid: Turner 16*, Irons 4-PW: Taylormade RAC MB blades, Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action RTG, Putter: Odyssey White Steel Tri-ball SRT

I'm thinking of a pull cart...the guys I play with swear by them in hot weather. Maybe I should nix the boxers, hadn't thought of that.

I do recently started doing something similar, and I cant even begin to describe how valuable this is!!!! Instead of using the rosin bag, I started keeping a travel-sized bottle of baby powder in my bag. I'm in South LA, and I definitely feel the OP's pain. On top of the heat, the humidity makes it just disgustingly hot. You feel like you're breathing through a washcloth. I had everyone laughing this weekend because I said it was as hot as two rats f****ng in a wool sock.

As to the OP's question, everyone pretty much nailed it, dri-fit/clima-cool/under armour everything. Shirts, shorts, compression shorts. Lightweight shoes help too. I just bought a pair of Nike Air Max Summers spikes from TGW, since they're a good bit lighter and more breathable than my Air Zoom Elites. I cant wait for them to come in. I'll post on them once I get them in and try them out. My buddy has the Air Max Edges and loves his. He says they're much more breathable than his older, more traditional shoes (a pair of nikes and pair of FJs). The Air Max Summer TW's also looked nice, but I couldnt find a pair in my size anywhere. Take multiple towels, and even bring a 2nd shirt to change into at the turn. A dry shirt makes a world of difference to me when I'm playing. It feels much better than having everything stick to you. Also, if you bring multiple towels with you, rotate them out. If one gets wet, put it on top of your cart for a little while and it will dry quickly. I know that sounds gross, but it's better than trying to use a soaking wet towel. It might just smell a little bit I've been doing this, and it works well. About the time one is soaked, the other one is completely dried out again.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Under Armor Heatgear compression shorts and sleeveless shirt underneath whatever I'm wearing. They make it much more bearable.

In my Ogio Carry Bag,

Driver Titleist 905S 9.5*
3 Wood Titleist 906F2 15*
Hybrid Nickent 3DX DC 17* Irons Titleist 704.cb 3,5-PW Wedges Adams Tom Watson PVD 52*, 56*, 60*Putter Cleveland Classic 1Ball Nike One Tour, Callaway Tour i

Push cart, lot's of water, shade as much a possible and I like to keep a full sized towel w/ me and keep 1/2 of it soaked. This towel is for me, not the clubs.

The "wh0re's bath" we like to call it at my club. The club provides hand towels. We like to grab a few extra before the round. Find the ice cold water coolers, soak the towel, wash the face. Oh it feels good. Like ChiChi says, wear it around your neck if you want extra pleasure.

There are these wacky things you can find at some golf stores. I'd imagine your local sporting goods store carries them too, BluBandoo . I see from the site they have a bunch of new products. But their first was the neck wrap.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Best thing I have invested in. I'm pretty sure your talking about compression shorts right? I wear them when I play any sport.

yes, these are a must!!! especially in this Texas heat... I know I'm getting old but damn, an hour on the practice tee is enough for me when it's this hot... if I can get out and tee off before 7:00 AM I am happy... and I'm seriously considering a pullcart...

"no ball-soup" made me laugh out loud... now that is funny

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I just keep a wet towel around my neck in between shots.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Water, water, water, and more water. A damp towel is also handy to have.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!