IGNORED

Tiger missing Turnberry cut...

lazykoala
Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I could care less if Tiger missed the cut

How much less could you care? A little? A lot?

D'oh! Tiger should still be working with me instead of ol' Hanky the Christmas Poo. Haney had the driver yips and now Tiger's "stuck" with them too, but they've worked their way into his other woods and his long-irons too. Anything and everything from the tee.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tiger missing the cut does not surpise me. He isn't swinging the club consistently enough to contend on a really tight course when the wind is blowing hard. He might be able to win tournaments on wide open courses on the US PGA tour on target golf like tracks but not on a course where accuracy really is important. I was surprised at how bad his course management was at times. He should have left his driver in the bag.

I don't really see why people claim Turnberry is extremely narrow...I'm just not seeing that on T.V. Looks fairly open to me.

And I didn't see him hit too many bad drivers. He hit a lot of bad 5 woods today.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

He has to be really humiliated right now. I kind of feel sorry for him.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

it looked to me that his biggest problem was distance control in the wind. Even on the times that he hit fairways or got decent lies in the light rough he seemed to be firing the ball way over the pins, sometimes even over the greens. Coming from Scotland, the commentators made that weather out to be much worse than it was. I was there and it seemed like a pretty average days weather for a links golf course. They all should have played better than that. Guys like Poulter, Curtis etc were just a joke

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

Tiger missing the cut will be a bad thing because it will result is far lower TV ratings. TV ratings are usually much higher when Tiger is contending for the win.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator
He's missed 4 cuts as a professional. 4. Big deal if he missed one cut. I guarantee that he'll win by 6 shots in the next tournament he plays in. He's still my favorite at Hazeltine.

The count is higher than that... It's either five or six, depending on how you count.

1997 Canadian Open 2005 Byron Nelson Championship, Disney 2006 U.S. Open. 2009 British Open There was also one with the AT&T;, but I think he simply failed to return to complete his round or something like that... But it's at least five.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He has to be really humiliated right now. I kind of feel sorry for him.

This is actually what I was going to say. He's probably extremely embarrassed. It wouldn't surprise me if he parlays that humiliation to the kind of fire and focus that wins next month's PGA by about eight strokes.

Humiliated and embarrassed? How so? Every golf player miss the cut once in a while. He doesn't care what people think, he's probably annyoed that he didn't play good enough to catch the cut. His focus is on his swing and his game only, what everyone else does is irrelevant. He didn't play well enough this tournament and will probably try to find out what went wrong and correct it. One week he wins a tournament, another he miss the cut. Gof is a streaky sport, even for the worlds best.

This is his 5th missed cut as a professional, 13th through his career.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I don't really see why people claim Turnberry is extremely narrow...I'm just not seeing that on T.V. Looks fairly open to me.

its not the narrowest course but if you miss it you are in very big trouble!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

So all that talk last year about how Padraig's victories are devalued were totally unfounded. Perhaps commentators will start to talk about Tiger in a realistic way. On the BBC when Tiger made the putt on 16 for a bird some droning commentator said "he is just amasing!" yeah right he's a genius at 6 over.

Clearly he isn't as good as everyone makes out, no way near what Nicklaus was. There can be no excuses for his performance this week; Turnberry will never play easier than it did yesterday and frankly it wasn't exactly viscious today. He's been fit for months now and had nearly a year to exclusively work on his short game.

Nicklaus won what he did against a stellar field, a once in a lifetime crop of genius golfers, Tiger's been pitted against a fairly ordinary field for 15 years now. Perhaps they're starting to get their acts together, by the way my money's on Westwood.

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

So all that talk last year about how Padraig's victories are devalued were totally unfounded. Perhaps commentators will start to talk about Tiger in a realistic way. On the BBC when Tiger made the putt on 16 for a bird some droning commentator said "he is just amasing!" yeah right he's a genius at 6 over.

ye this definitely proves that he is no way near nicklaus mate, i mean having a bad week, jesus christ tiger you must be awful for missing a cut and nicklaus never missed a cut did he? mate that is actually one of the most stupid statements ive heard!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Yeah, Nicklaus never missed a cut

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Yeah, Nicklaus never missed a cut

beat you to it haha ;)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW

Overreact much? The guy missed a cut, lets not poo poo on his extraordinary career. Yes Jack played against some legends, but Golf is much more competitive now and it is much harder to stand out (i.e. win multiple majors).

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'll miss seeing him play this weekend but will still watch. If nothing else then Tiger gave Phil a reason to smile this afternoon with everything else that is on his mind right now.

ye this definitely proves that he is no way near nicklaus mate, i mean having a bad week, jesus christ tiger you must be awful for missing a cut and nicklaus never missed a cut did he? mate that is actually one of the most stupid statements ive heard!

I wasn't basing my claim only on the pitiful performance this week, just one in a catalogue of chinks in his armour. I'm not even saying he's not the best golfer in the world, he probably is, even on current form. My objection (if you actually read my post "mate") is the way he's revered like some kind of deity. Commentators, magazine journalists and posters on this site are under the missapprehension that we're alive in the time of the great one, we're not.

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

How do you know this when Tiger has yet to end his career? If not by amount of trophies, how can you judge who's the best golfer through the history?

He may not have caught up with Jack yet, but he's only 5 wins on the PGA Tour from surpassing him, and 14 from Sam Snead. Tiger has won 14 majors so far, Jack won a total of 18.
Tiger's been the dominant player in the world of golf from the day he became a professional in 1996. He's been ranked #1 on the money list in 9 of 14 years.

Still he's only 33 years old!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!