IGNORED

Tom Watson

RC
Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not that unbelievable because he's still obviously a very very good and accomplished player. The Seniors tour is a tough school with the likes of Greg Norman, Mark O Meara, Ian Woosnam, Jay Haas, Sam Torrance, Wayne Grady and co playing on it.

Greg Norman has played in a total of about five Champions' Tour events.

And to say that Watson is a "very good and accomplished player" is akin to saying that Jack Nicklaus was a very good player or that Sam Snead had quite a good swing.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to not like Watson so much because he seemed to be Jack's kryptonite (4 majors with Jack runner up), and I grew up like many, a big Nicklaus fan. But, I've always admired his game and fortitude.

Tom has always been my favorite and I loved watching him beat Jack.

Since we didn't have the internet back in the day... WATSON OWNS NICKLAUS!!!! TOM RULLLLLLZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!! Whew, glad I got that out of my system.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

no way man, you can see it in his face/eyes when he talks about the game, or when he's got that big smile after

He'll need to show up if he wants to get #7 and pass Harry Vardon.

St. Andrew's is the only Scottish course in the rota Tom hasn't won at.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

To say that Watson is a "very good and accomplished player" is akin to saying that Jack Nicklaus was a very good player or that Sam Snead had quite a good swing.

Haha. Indeed. He's a freakin' legend, get it straight. Quite the dichotomy in the pairing today with Watson and Steve "I had to ask my Dad to get the Passport" Marino.

What is it like 5 British Opens and 8 Majors? New Jack Tiger fans think he's "some old guy". LOL.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I was impressed with Curt Byrum on the US Bank telecast late this afternoon, assessing Watson's chances tomorrow at 2 in 10. I haven't checked the Yes/No betting line tonight but immediately after the third round I thought about it and 20-25% seemed about right, with lean toward the low number.

Watson certainly exceeded my expectations today but the bottom line is always that seniors can't put together 4 rounds in a major. Two is fairly common and three is quite rare. Four is never-never land to this point, so I'm not forgetting about that, regardless of what Watson looked like today or how much press the story receives on Golf Channel or elsewhere tonight.

Here's a question, if Watson wins is he PGA Player of the Year, based on one event?

Did anyone see the playing lesson he did on golf channel? from watching that i can see why he is leeding he is just so precise with everything he does.

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

Not quite. Tom is using the James Bond Lotus Esprit from 1977's "The Spy Who Loved Me."

Hmmmm.... He'll need to be careful getting in and out of that thing. He might crook his back and that would be that.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

This is about as exciting as it gets. I don't hink there is any other story in "all" of sports history that can compare to him winning since David vs. Goliath. I hope he goes out there tommorow and kicks ass.
Driver: Adams insight A4 Prototype
loft 9.0 face 2 degrees open
Matrix Ozik X high kick point
3 wood Tour Edge Exotic CB2
loft 15 Mitsubishi Fubiki XHybrid Cleveland launcer 3I Aldila NV XIrons ...

This is about as exciting as it gets. I don't hink there is any other story in "all" of sports history that can compare to him winning since David vs. Goliath. I hope he goes out there tommorow and kicks ass.

Me too man. Me too.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

This would be so amazing if he wins... though it hurts my self esteem when I see a old timer like him who just had a hip replaced bomb it 300+ yards.

G15 10.5 Driver
G15 17 Wood
G10 24 Hybrid
G10 6-PW Irons
52, 56, 60, and 64 degree wedges Detour Newport 2 DT SoLo BallSwing Speed: 111 MPH, wish I could putt.

Well, it's 8 a.m here.....coverage has just started and I'm hoping for a Watson win. Weather is predicted to be OK with showers not long after Tom starts his round, with a 21 - 25mph wind. Should suit him perfectly!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html

Driver - Mizuno MX700
3W - Mizuno MX700
3H - Mizuno MX700
4I - 60◦ - Mizuno MX200
Putter - Fazer Tour Touch IIIHandicap: - Lack of talent

I"m really pulling for tom watson to win, would be the story of the year and I think most people are really behind him. He's a great player, hall of famer, but nobody thought he would do this well, nobody even thought he'd make the cut as he was scheduled to be on tv covering the last 2 rounds, now he's got a very good chance to win.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

He's on the 17th tee, one up ......
*crosses fingers*

4-hybrid:

• Administrator
He's on the 17th tee, one up ......

Hush. Shhhh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that shot on 17 could do it for him. up and down and he's favourite.

he can now determine his own destiny - westwood will hardly birdie the last after that tee shot.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Ugly looking putt in prospect on the 18th (from the edge) .......

4-hybrid:

Note: This thread is 5391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!