IGNORED

So what are the most popular irons for members of this forum?

Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What brand of irons do you play?

• Adams
    • Callaway
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • TaylorMade
    • Titleist
    • Other

never used a set of Mizzy's, but to the eye, i just dont like em...not sure what it is
probabaly feel great though

i rock the Nike Forged Pro Combos and love em to death

i think these are highly underestimated though
anyone ever hit em?

i think the combo idea is the best idea ever, best of all 3 worlds
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never used a set of Mizzy's, but to the eye, i just dont like em...not sure what it is

Those Bridgestones are nice looking. I wonder if another company is making them for bridgestone.

Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

I see more callaway irons being played than i do any other. Ive used titleist irons for most of the time ive been playing, but i rarley see anyone using titliest equipment, except for vokeys and scotty camersons among the better players.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Here is a question that I need some help with...... I am looking to buy a new set of irons as I have previously posted, I am currently playing the Mizuno MP-23, but it was recently brought to my attention that Mizuno's are generally a harder club to hit than a lot of other clubs out there. Is this true? I am by no means a "good" golfer, I am average at best and was wondering if I should be looking into a more "forgiving" set? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IN MY 

2014 :titleist: Lightweight Cart BAG:

DRIVER: :titleist: 913D2
3&5 Wood:  :titleist: 913F

HYBRIDS: :ping: G20 20* 
IRONS: :tmade: 09 Burners 4-PW
WEDGES: :vokey: 52 & 56*

PUTTER: :ping: 

Here is a question that I need some help with...... I am looking to buy a new set of irons as I have previously posted, I am currently playing the Mizuno MP-23, but it was recently brought to my attention that Mizuno's are generally a harder club to hit than a lot of other clubs out there. Is this true? I am by no means a "good" golfer, I am average at best and was wondering if I should be looking into a more "forgiving" set? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it is your aim to become a better ballstriker and you are serious about doing so, then go for the mizunos. If you just like to get out and go play every now and again, then i would go with a more forgiving set.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Mizuno is running away with this just like I (and a lot of other people) thought. I wonder why they are so popular on this board? out of the 3 sites i visit this is the only one with a huge Mizuno following

HA!!! Ping is catching up GO PING!!! My second choice would be nike.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

You can still buy a forgiving Mizuno set.

At handicap index of 15, I would recommend either the MX-200 or the MP52. The MX200 is one of the MX series, these are game improvement irons but still have the sleek Mizuno feel and look (forged ofc). The MP52s are the most forgiving irons in the MP series (which targets more skilled players) with the dual muscle technology and cavity pockets. If I had the required skills and budget was not an issue, I'd go with the following setup: -3 and 4 irons: Mizuno MP Fli Hi. -5, 6 and 7 irons: Mizuno MX-200. -8, 9, PW irons: Mizuno MP52. or, if you want a little bit more feedback, I'd take MP-52 5, 6 and 7 irons, and MP67 (blades) 8,9 and PW.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Titleist xD

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Mizuno is running away with this just like I (and a lot of other people) thought. I wonder why they are so popular on this board? out of the 3 sites i visit this is the only one with a huge Mizuno following

Because all the Mizuno fanboys needed a place to gather and this was thier landing place.

I voted for the fanboy brand.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

If you buy Mizunos, one thing is for sure. You will get lots of compliments. Like it really matters. I am still amazed how popular they are here.

Brian

Hy guys, I'm new to golf and am looking forward to buy my first clubs next month.

What would be better for me, since I'm a beginner, the Mizuno mx-950 or the callaway x-18R?

I'm open to other brands too, but I don't want some clubs that won't fit the development of my game, and only last me 1-2 years.

Thanks.

You can still buy a forgiving Mizuno set.

Exactly. People seem to have this perception that Mizunos are only for better players. Mizuno makes clubs both for better players and for high-handicappers.

The MPs are for the better players and the MX are game-improvement clubs designed for high-handicappers. Im about a 15 handicap and my Mizuno MX-15s are stupid easy to hit.
If you buy Mizunos, one thing is for sure. You will get lots of compliments. Like it really matters. I am still amazed how popular they are here.

Tell me about it. Ive had several instances on the course where people have seen my Mizuno bag full of Mizuno clubs and instantly assumed that Im some kind of great player.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Callaway X-14s.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

I like Pings . . . they just feel good when I hit them . . .

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!