IGNORED

no glove?

whetstone
Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I do not play with a glove with wedges, any wedge or finesse shot I take off my glove.

But everything else I use one, it feels like I'm playing upside down backwards if I go to tee off with out one on.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I do not play with a glove with wedges, any wedge or finesse shot I take off my glove.

+1 no glove from 100 yard in

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I have been using mine off the tee, and then taking it off..mostly because its been hot out.

I blister like a mofo without a glove..its painful lol

I've never used a glove, ive tried a few times at the range for a few shots but just feels weird, like there's something extra on the grip that shouldnt be there. Just get a better feel without it, feel kinda disconnected from the club if i wear one.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I haven't been wearing a glove these last couple of years until just the other day. It felt like I was able to lessen my grip even more than I have and still hang on to the club so I'll probably start wearing one again just for that reason. Never had a problem without one though.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

i'm a strict tape and no glove guy.

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

I've never worn a glove. I have a pair of rain gloves and had to use them once, but otherwise they're too uncomfortable for me. Just what you're used to I guess. I've never had issues with blisters or clubs slipping, etc... and I used to be a fairly serious range rat (100-200 balls a day).

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Usually no glove, but weather conditions (or the condition of a particular grip) will sometimes force me to wear one. I've always got a couple in the bag for when I need one.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I wear a glove. I really need to start remembering to take it off when I putt. Lol a lot of times if I do take it off, then I end up teeing off then remembering to put it back on lol. My uncle is an amazing golfer, and doesn't wear a glove. He could probably have been proffessional golfer if he had been more serious about it. I mean, he only gets out a few times a year as it is. Last yer I went with him and it was the first time he'd been out in I think 5 years at least. He has outdated clubs, except for his driver, which is my old burner. It's amazing how litle he golfs, yet is still a single-digit handicap. Oh yeah, he doesn't use golf shoes either.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

. . . My uncle is an amazing golfer, and doesn't wear a glove. He could probably have been proffessional golfer if he had been more serious about it. I mean, he only gets out a few times a year as it is. Last yer I went with him and it was the first time he'd been out in I think 5 years at least. He has outdated clubs, except for his driver, which is my old burner. It's amazing how litle he golfs, yet is still a single-digit handicap. Oh yeah, he doesn't use golf shoes either.

Single digit to pro is quite a leap. I assume his handicap is an estimate since he hasn't golfed in 5 years and only went a few times a year before that.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have a nice new glove in my bag at all times. If putting it on crosses my mind, it's time to replace my grips.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. When it is on I will rarely take it off. I'll putt with it, pee with it, smoke with it, drink with it, whatever. Sometimes I'll take it off when a round starts to go really sideways (more than usual). Sometimes I'll take it off for the hell of it. Its nice to have a fresh glove on, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to me in how I hit the ball.

I could put my next door neighbor’s kid through community college with the amount of money I’ve spent on golf gloves – but I gotta have them.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

Try it down here in the grand strand with all this humidity and it's even harder! Anyway, have you heard about boxgroove.com? It seems like they have a lot of golf courses we can play and they're all private? Just wondering if you have heard about this? Looking to possibly join?

thanks,

-M

I take the glove off when putting but for all other situations it's on.

Jack putted with a glove.

I hear of people using two gloves.

Matter of personal preference/comfort/feel IMO.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

I don't use a glove. Not needed with todays grips. I like the feel of the grip better than a glove.

Note: This thread is 5394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!