IGNORED

2009 Solheim Cup

bjw181
Note: This thread is 5356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just announced that Michelle Wie is now on the team. What do you guys think? Maybe she should try and get on the Ryder Cup team...lol.

"Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder." -Jim Bishop

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Good - for her to to have made it would have been a joke.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27295

A joke, like the Solheim Cup will quickly become if they don't find a way to include the Asian players.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes, I think it was the right pick by Daniel. MW is playing pretty well right now. She just finished t11 at the WBO...well ahead of all the players who had more points going into the WBO. I think her result this week puts her at 13th in points and she earned all of those points just this year unlike Diaz who has not earned a point all this year!

Some changes need to be made in how Solheim points are awarded...should be more like the Ryder Cup so that the ladies who are playing well now
make up the team.

Ray

Good - for her to to have made it would have been a joke.

I have to agree with you. The Asian players pretty much dominate the game world wide and they can't play in this exibition? I say if a player is on the LPGAT full time(set a number of events played/commited to) she should be allowed to become a team member. Same with players on the Euro tour.

Wie's played as consistent as anyone this year - it's deserved. She's still a kid - get the feeling once she wins one, she'll start rattling them off.

She's getting to an age where some of her "handlers" won't be needed.

Wie's played as consistent as anyone this year - it's deserved. She's still a kid - get the feeling once she wins one, she'll start rattling them off.

Good for her on making the team. Handlers has been her problem early on. Her Dad was the main problem I hear. Playing all those mens tournies without and LPGA win was not very smart.

How about the US and UE against Asian players. That would be a more interesting matchup.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Some changes need to be made in how Solheim points are awarded...should be more like the Ryder Cup so that the ladies who are playing well

You are correct. The who discussion about MW making the team is all based on the fact that all of her points come from this year only.

Driver: Spine Driver 9*
Driver: Launcher 10.5*
Fairway: Spine 3 & 5 Wood
Irons: Di5 1, 3 Irons
Irons: Di9 5, 7, 9, GW IronsSand Wedge: DFy SWLob Wedge: Sandy Andy 64*Putter: 8882Bag: Mickelson's Birdies for the Brave

How about the US and UE against Asian players. That would be a more interesting matchup.

They do have that, it's called the Lexus Cup.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

They do have that, it's called the Lexus Cup.

They

had it. Lexus pulled out its sponsorship so it has been canceled. Hopefully it can be reinstated next year and be done in alternate years instead of every year. Then you would have the Solheim Cup on odd years and the Asia vs Everyone else event in even years.

Rob Tyska

They

Its cancellation this year, plus the fact that some fans didn't even know it existed and that there was no U.S. television coverage just speaks to the lack of interest. Fans may say they want to see it but couldn't have cared less when it was actually happening.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

• 3 weeks later...
Is it streaming anywhere? I checked my TV--it's not on any of the channels I get.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Today was just ceremonies. It's a 3 day event starting Friday.

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

thanks. I see it's on the GC tomorrow.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Did I miss some sort of weather delay? How is it that the first match is only on the 14th hole 4 1/2 hours after their tee time?

Rob Tyska

The Foresome pairing are up. Diana Luna of Europe is not playing, she will be the only player from either team to not play today.

Rob Tyska

I wonder if Petterson and Gustafson will have anything left for Foresomes. Playing in a really close 5 1/2 hour marathon going to 18 and will have to go and tee off right after finishing.

Rob Tyska

So they pushed the tee times back due to the ridiculous slow play this morning. The first foursome match was supposed to start at 1:15 local, then it was pushed back to 1:45, now it's 2:25. The first match took 5:45 to play. With only two balls in play per match this afternoon perhaps they can finish before dark, they need to keep it under 5 hours. If the captains are going to allow this slow play then they better think about starting earlier then 8:00 tomorrow.

Rob Tyska

• Administrator
Yeah, ridiculously slow.

And as far as Michelle's ruling on 18, I agree that the Euros had a beef, but I also realize that - as Pressel said - a player can ask for any area to be ruled ground under repair at any time. The official would have been wiser going that route than trying the whole "we didn't think it would come into play" route.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!