IGNORED

2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah but when Tiger and the field are BOTH at their best, Tiger wins.

Of course. Some idiot reporter earlier this week tried to play "gotcha" on Tiger by asking him if he's ever lost when he played his best. We all know the answer to that question is a big fat no, including the jackass reporter who asked it. He was trying to make Tiger look arrogant by saying "no" but Tiger did not actually answer the question. He sort of danced around it and said that when he plays well he has a pretty good chance to win (obviously true but an understatement LOL).

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The third round will be make or break for everyone near the top, including Tiger. Everyone tied for second has to decide if they should take chances and go for Tiger or play steady and avoid any mistakes, hoping to slowly creep closer to Tiger for the final day. Tiger will continue to try to widen the lead, though only do so when the smart play arises, so as to avoid bogies or worse.

Padraig will have a very tough day tomorrow, as if he can't keep up with Tiger and avoid any more bogies then his chances of winning will evaporate on the final day.

I hope my buddies don't want to do anything tomorrow, as I am more interested in watching Saturday's round than Sunday's.

It would be really bizarre if Tiger's game fell apart on Saturday, as that would turn Sunday into a free-for-all for the win.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

McIlroy and Harrington, my favourite golfers, doing me proud so far.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

You act like that is such a great prediction...He's Tiger Woods. Anyone could sit here and say Tiger is going to win this, he's going to win that. He IS the favorite every week he plays...

I don't "act" like anything. I made a prediction and simply reminding everyone. Furthermore, if you were privy to the thread, you would know that at least a few folks were claiming that something was seriously wrong with Tiger and his swing. In that light, I made the prediction that nothing was wrong with his swing, and that he would regroup to win the PGA by 5 shots. Considering the fact that Tiger hasn't won a major this year, and also considering that the prediction was a very significant margin of 5 shots, I'd say it was a fairly bold prediction at the time, especially for the Chicken Little's.

By the way, I would never "predict" that Sergio would win at a major. He is weak and grossly overrated.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I'm pretty sure he's serious about his game...

Yep, you nailed it. In today's coverage they were talking about the differences statistically. One guy averages 30 putts a round and is 170th on tour (or whatever) and goes to the nationwide tour. Then he supposedly cleans up his act and averages 29 putts to place 7th on the nationwide in putting.

In birdies, I think Adam Scott was something like 104th in birdies on tour with 3.25 per round. Anthony Kim is 2nd with 4.25 per round. Percentage wise a big difference but that's just one more birdie, one shot per round. It's really tight out there!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

If Tiger pulls away from the field today in the 3rd round then it's all over and the major is his. Personally, I think Harrington will shoot a 65 or something today and Im counting on something magical from Phil to get him in contention and to turn up the heat this weekend.

Its a bit irritating that David Duval is not playing this week when apparently he qualified at the US Open.

The crowds are amazing and seem to be more educated than the fans were at The Buick.

Based on PGA tour's scoring page it appears Tiger and Vijay are paired up today (Saturday). I don't think Vijay is bothered by Tiger, so should be interesting to see if Vijay can close the gap.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Looks like as of right now at least, that Glover might be the one trying to close the gap. He's at -4 as of 3PM EST. It'd be something to see him contend on Sunday for his 2nd major of '09.
My gut feeling though, is that what everyone thinks the end result will be....will be what actually happens. And that is, Tiger winning.

Dont know how many of you are watching Tiger and Vijay on the feature group channel on DirecTV, but am I the only on that thinks that Michael Breed is just a little too hyper, even in the broadcast booth?? Dont get me wrong, I like the guy a lot, and he's probably forgotten more about golf than I'll ever know, but he's just cracking me up because he's going at a hundred miles an hour

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

ive gotta say that im really enjoying this!

as im typing vijay eagles 7

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Vijay, Paddy, Glover, Els, Stenson all within 4 shots of Tiger. If Tiger doesn't start making birdies, this could be a very good sunday!

And Vijay just pushed another putt to miss his birdie. He's had at least two of those today, could be one shot off Tiger.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger has a habit of doing this: letting the field catch up to him, then putting the hammer down on the last few holes once they're all in the clubhouse. We'll see what happens starting on 16 later today.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm time shifting on the Tivo. Vij just knocked another one close, boy he's playing good.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Dont know how many of you are watching Tiger and Vijay on the feature group channel on DirecTV, but am I the only on that thinks that Michael Breed is just a little too hyper, even in the broadcast booth?? Dont get me wrong, I like the guy a lot, and he's probably forgotten more about golf than I'll ever know, but he's just cracking me up because he's going at a hundred miles an hour

I'm with ya. He really knows his golf but he wears me out watching him. He has some great tips on his show. "The golf fix"

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Paddy just birdies to tie and Ernie is one back. Looks like a good day tomorrow! I thought Tiger was going to run off with it.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!