IGNORED

Blister on thumb

Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Today I hit a lot of balls since I have not played in like 3 weeks. I hit most of them straight. But I have a blister that is on my thumb that formed tonight. Does this mean I am holding the club to tight? I am a lefty and it is my right hand.
Thanks
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

Looks like it's just irritation from extensive use after not playing in a while. It should be better after a little while of hitting. In the mean time, you can put some medical tape over it to avoid any rubbing or friction against it if you want. I'd just leave it there, and it should feel better after the next session. It's really nothing to worry about. Have fun golfing!

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I don't know if its from your swing necessarily or simply from hitting so many balls. I would guess the latter b/c my father and I almost always end up with blisters after a long range session, but then again we also have millions of flaws in our swings. Just carry around some athletic tape so you fix yourself up and keep hitting.
Driver - Sumo 5900 (9.5°) S
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X
Hybrid - 4DX Ironwood 3 (20°) S
Irons: 4-PW - Victory Reds Full Cavity S
Wedge - CG14 (56°)Putter - Red X5 35"Ball - e6+Scores with New Bag:95, 83, 86

i only get small blisters... i whould sugest some liquid bandage its like 5 bucs a bottle you brush it on the blister it keeps it covered and pain free!

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

Yea and if your a man you just grin and bear it.

Im just kidding, but I got blisters about 2 years ago once I started to take my game seriously, and I still have them. They're reminders of how hard I work at my game. They don't hurt anymore. I can just feel them there. They stopped hurting after about a week or so. Once again, good luck man.

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I get them every now and then too, a callous to go over it and then ur good for the summer

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

You should wear a glove (if you dont already) and if it bothers you, tape it up

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What about if the blister split open? Any tips/advice? I had one on my index finger of my glove hand and it got split open. This is the second time i've had this happen in the same spot lol.

I used a nail clipper to cut away the dead skin and just band aided it. Was hoping to get a lot of practice in the next few days, I hope it won't be too bad. I'll take the advice posted earlier and put some medical tape on it.

Hopefully it'll callous over nice and good so I won't have to deal with this anymore.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

i get this also, in fact one of my gloves actually has a hole in the thumb

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

Today I hit a lot of balls since I have not played in like 3 weeks. I hit most of them straight. But I have a blister that is on my thumb that formed tonight. Does this mean I am holding the club to tight? I am a lefty and it is my right hand.

I get the same thing, but in my left thumb since I'm righty.

Is it right near where the thumb bends at? Cuz that's where I get it. I don't think it's grip pressure related - I just think it's from hitting a lot of balls. I hit around 150-200 a day, so mine is quite a calliaus(sp?) now...doesn't really bother me, but at times acts up.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

What i bought was those blister band aids and i taped it over and i played today and held the club a little looser and it worked perfect didnt feel a thing. I shot an avg 84 but it felt nice not having to deal with the pain. My blister is 3 layers deep cause i just kept going.
Driver Taylormade r9 supertri *9.5
Hybrid Taylormade rescue burner 19 degree
Irons 2008 taylormade TP
Wedges Taylormade rac TP 52, 56, 60
Putter Scotty Cameron Newport 2.0 Studio StyleBall Bridgestone e6

I used to get a blister every round/range session on my right ring finger and right thumb. I used to play with a band-aid on that ring finger and have to change it every 9 holes or so. I got fed up with it because at inopportune times the blister would break and irritate me to no end. So, I changed my grip. Started using an inter-lock grip with lighter pressure, as well as focusing on not gripping as tightly with the right hand. I don't get blisters anymore, even after a 36 hole day or 300 range balls. I do know a few people who get blisters no matter what they do so it could just be soft hands or easily worn skin.

Definitely, definitely a pain the butt though.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

• Administrator
Definitely, definitely a pain the butt though.

Don't you mean thumb?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a blister from golf as well. And I have a golf lesson tomorrow morning. I hope it doesn't cause a problem during the session or anything.

Anyway, I'm guessing our hands just need to toughen up over time. At least I'm sure mine do.

Note: This thread is 5381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!