IGNORED

How Hard Is a 2 Iron to Hit?

Note: This thread is 852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've only hit a 5 iron, that's my biggest iron. I can hit it just as well as my pitching wedge. After the 5 iron does it drop of in ease? or if you have a good swing are they not that hard to hit. In my next set I want a 2 iron, but are they very hard to hit? Thanks

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

only god can hit a two iron..

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

only god can hit a two iron..

Haha agreed.

But there are a few people on here that game a 2 iron. I'm sure they will answer your question.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I've gamed a two iron for a while and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I'd take a hybrid over it any day of the week.

In my stand bag:
9* G10 driver
904F 15* 3 wood
3-PW MP-52 irons
Burner Rescue 19* HybridSpalding 60* lob wedge Tiffany 34"Leupold GX-I rangefinderTitleist Pro V1 ball

Yes I'd say a 3 iron is usually a cutoff point for iron sets these days. My friend has a real old set of irons that has a 2 iron and watching him trying to hit it is pretty funny.
I would go with a hybrid instead.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I bought a 1 and a 2 thinking I'd use them in tight teeing situations...I also got my first hybrids about the same time...never even gamed with the 1 or the 2...used them at the range. Damn hard to hit flush and painful when you miss. Hard to keep straight too. Hybrids have made them all but irrelevant.

I've only hit a 5 iron, that's my biggest iron. I can hit it just as well as my pitching wedge. After the 5 iron does it drop of in ease? or if you have a good swing are they not that hard to hit. In my next set I want a 2 iron, but are they very hard to hit? Thanks

If your handicap really was 10, you'd know the answer to this question.

Very few pros these days hit 2 irons. There's a treason why. And these guys hit the ball pretty well almost all of the time. Get yourself a hybrid.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I can't bear to hit anything past 5. 4 is pushing it and 3 is pretty much impossible for me so I can't even imagine hitting a 2 iron.

i love my 2... i swing fiarly fast, and find the sweet spot fairly often, so i dont have huge issues with getting it off the ground or anything, but it is a limited club. you certainly cant hit it off any lie or out of the rough like say a hybrid or a 5 wood, but its definetly got the iron like control that woods and hybrids lack.. you can say take 10 yards off it or hit that perfect baby cut or sweeping draw to get out of jail. i like it a bit more than any 5 wood i have tried, and i certainly am not very confident in my hybrid!

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I guess I'm pretty much opposite of everyone else, I love my 2i, i like it more than any hybrid I've tired.

In my Latitude V2 bag.

R9 Driver
R9 Fairway Woods
TA7 Irons CG14 Black Pearl Wedges VP509 Putter ONE Tour golf balls

i love my 2... i swing fiarly fast, and find the sweet spot fairly often, so i dont have huge issues with getting it off the ground or anything, but it is a limited club. you certainly cant hit it off any lie or out of the rough like say a hybrid or a 5 wood, but its definetly got the iron like control that woods and hybrids lack.. you can say take 10 yards off it or hit that perfect baby cut or sweeping draw to get out of jail. i like it a bit more than any 5 wood i have tried, and i certainly am not very confident in my hybrid!

I would agree, my swing speed has slowed just enough that I don't carry my 2 iron very much anymore, I go with a 5 wood. There are some cases were I do still carry it, this spring we took a trip to Guthrie, OK to play, the wind was 30+ mph everyday and the fairways were short and fast. I played the 2 iron instead of the 5 wood, I still find it easier to hit off a tight lie then the 5 wood.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I haven't hit a 2 iron in years infact I don't even carry a 3 iron anymore. The 2 iron isn't real easy to hit but its certainly not impossible and I'd actually say you get better control from a hybrid.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I use one, albeit not the the MP-14. That thing is impossible to hit and is in mint condition, collecting dust. I find nothing more satisfying than piping a 2-iron 215-220 down the fairway on a tight hole. Off the deck, we don't always see eye to eye - probably 60/40 chance of hitting it pure. I'm actually looking at getting a 2 hybrid and I thought Id never own a hybrid.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I was never comfortable hitting my woods out of the tall grass, so I used to carry the 2 on my old wilson staff MB set. My game improved when I took it out.

Now I carry a 3h and 4-pw. I love the 3h, but now the 4 iron is the scarry club in my bag. Im' thinking about carrying my 2 iron again, just because my 4 iron won't intimidate me sitting next to that thing.

Believe it or not, I actually own a Cleveland 1 iron too. I used to kill that thing off the tee in high school.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Don't hit a 2i much, but I love ripping my 3i, it's actually probably my favorite club in the bag.

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

Note: This thread is 852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!