IGNORED

What's Your Ball Marker?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I picked up one of these Callaway divot repair tools last year.. I didn't really like the ball mark that came with it, and while I was fidgitting with it, I realized that the ball mark seemed to be about the same size and thickness of a US Quarter Dollar.. so I reach into the cupholder in my car to pull out a quarter to try it, and it fits perfectly -- I look more closely at the quarter that I grabbed, and it's dated 1974, my birth year.. So that's the quarter I use.

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

I use an irish pound coin,its big but very skinny.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

For ball markers, I use quarters, nickels or the ball mark that is attached to the glove I buy from my on course pro shop.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I use either a Florida quarter ( has the space shuttle on one side) or a N.C. quarter ( has the Wright Flyer on it). Being an aircraft mechanic and working in Aerospace they both are fitting to things I like.
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

I have 2 of the Titleist hats with the magnet in them, and then I have hat clips for the other hats that I wear. The marks are from courses that I played at some point in my short golfing career.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

A marker with G on it, my initial.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Canadian "Loon" dollar or a Mercury-head silver dime.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

I use a a coin from Costa Rica, I can't remember the name of it but it's nice.

That or the clip on one from a glove if I forgot the coin.

R7 Superquad 10.5° RE*AX 65 Fujikura
R7 Draw Rescue 3H 19°
R7 Draw Rescue 5H 25°
X-20 4-AW
Vokey Spin Milled 54° ChromeCPR 56°Victoria II 35"Pro v1

On a trip to England a couple years ago I bought a nice box of six different ones, each with the name/logo of a famous British course (St. Andrews, Wentworth, Sandwich ...).

But I tend to forget to pull the box out of the bottom of the bag at the start of a round and end up using whatever comes to hand (in pocket) - until I get more organized around the fifth hole or so. Annoying as heck, prolly lose a couple strokes right there.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I've been searching for one with more meaning - I want a coin that isn't a quarter or dime or something normal like that. I've usually tried to use "Ohio" quarters to add some pride behind my putts, but I'd like a coin I can only use for golf.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

As of now, I use a ball marker from Pinehurst. It has the putterboy logo on it, I have all different kinds of ball markers from many golf clubs. This has been my favorite for a long time...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

Sharpie pen colored dot under both numbers. I have recently playing number 1s.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Forgot if I posted mine. I use a Denver Broncos ball marker my grandparents gave me. Its pretty cool. I also have a ball marker that sticks in the ground with my name on it but don't use it, unless its really windy.

I love to hate this damn game.

1 euro coin or a 25 cent $ or a ball mark with the flag of my country.

in my bag I have

driver: tour burner TP 10,5°
woods: burner women 3 and 5
irons: X-20 tour 3-PWwedges: x-forged 50° and 56°putter: Kasternballs: ONE black

• Administrator

Until I lost it about a week ago, my ball marker was a two-tone (gold/silver) 10-franc piece. I loved that thing.

The search for a suitable (and lucky) replacement will likely take quite awhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use really what ever i have on me. I bought the new Titleist hat that had the ballmarker magnet on it so i was using that for a while. I usually just use coins or the hundreds of ballmarkers that i take from the club that i caddie at, they're free so i just take a handful everytime i play on mondays.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

For the past, oh, decade or so I've used two coins: a mexican something-or-other and a 10 franc piece from France.

I mark my ball with either an Australia 10 cent piece, a one Euro coin or (as i have been recently been losing the above mentioned coins) a magnetic hat ball marker i bought.

Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 10.5* (UST Proforce v2 77g X Flex) 3 Wood: Callaway Diablo 15* (UST Proforce v2 86g S Flex). 2 Hybrid: Adams A4 Tech 17* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex). 3 and 4 Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro 20* and 23* (UST Proforce v2 105g S Flex)
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics...

Note: This thread is 3958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!