IGNORED

What's Your Ball Marker?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
For the past, oh, decade or so I've used two coins: a mexican something-or-other and a 10 franc piece from France.

A pal recently visited Germany, so he brought back a 1 euro and a 2 euro piece, so I'll begin using those too. All of them are two-tone (silver/gold), which I like.

What do you mark your ball with? (Please, nobody say "a tee" and be serious!)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Usually a regular ball marker, but in tournaments and in HS golf matches always a silver sheckel (israeli) that my granpa gave me at the golf course when i was a youngster.
Steve
What's In the Bag:
Driver: BB 454, 9.5°, stiff
3-Wood: r7 Ti, 15°, stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Mid, 19°, stiff steelIrons: 690.CB, TT DG S300Wedges: Vokey 260.04Putter: Suzuka AGSI

2 Euro coin, too. I like the heft, size, color.

Driver: Srixon Z-RW
Wood: Exotics XCG-4
Irons: Mizuno MX-20
Wedges: Ping, Pelz sand,  Mizuno Faldo 60*
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot Rossie

Ball: TaylorMade Tour Preferred

I have about eight quarters in my golf bag, before the round I grab two or three and stuff them in my pocket. When Im on the green whichever quarter I grab is the one.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I like nickels, mainly for their size and visibility. Plus, the Lewis and Clark version has an ax and hoe(?) that kind of look like crossed golf clubs.

At one of the courses where I occasionally play, there's a story about one of the pot game players ("Squeeze," so named for the way he milks the putter grip before a stroke). He hit one close and went up to the green to mark his ball that was potentially blocking the hole for the others (the pot game is a scramble held every day at the same time with the same cast of characters). He took a long time marking his ball and then stepped off the green. None of the others hit it close, so they intended to use his shot. When they got up there, however, they couldn't find the mark.

"Well heck," said Squeeze. "I thought that beetle was dead."

When he'd found that he didn't have a coin to mark the ball he'd used a japanese beetle he had stunned, but not killed.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

My mom brought me a ball marker back from Hawaii that's pretty cool. It about the size of a silver dollar but thinner...red on one side and white with an american flag on the other.

Chris
What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

I know this is probably gay but I always had a problem getting a ball mark out of my pocket so I bought one of those magnet ball markers you put on your hat. I used to play on a Saturday morning 18 hole league at Pine Hills in Hinkley, so it has the course name on it.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

They haven't been in circulation here in Australia for over 15 years but I still use 1 and 2 cent coins. If the putt is more than 10 feet I use the 2 cent coin because I want to 2 putt, under 10 feet I use the 1 cent coin for a 1 putt. I've never used a 5 cent coin, a 5 putt would not be good.

They haven't been in circulation here in Australia for over 15 years but I still use 1 and 2 cent coins. If the putt is more than 10 feet I use the 2 cent coin because I want to 2 putt, under 10 feet I use the 1 cent coin for a 1 putt. I've never used a 5 cent coin, a 5 putt would not be good.

lol, interesting theory.

i usually just grab a ball marker from the pro shop before every round. i always end up leaving them in my pocket and running them through the laundry anyway.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

as stupid as is sounds I used a small polished rock that I found last week next to my car.. thank god because I left my maker in my pants and like prutkows I washed it.. hahaha

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I use a Looney and/or a Toonie. The Looney is a canadian one-dollar piece and a Toonie is the two-dollar piece. I always have a dime or nickel in case I'm close to the hole and don't want to have a gargantuan maker in someone's line.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I use a 1994 quarter. That was the year my older son was born. I also cary a 1998 quarter for my younger son. If the putting gets bad I may need to put the 1994 in a short time out.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I use a Susan B Anthony silver dollar, or a brass range ball token I left in my bag from several years ago.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I know this is probably gay but I always had a problem getting a ball mark out of my pocket so I bought one of those magnet ball markers you put on your hat. I used to play on a Saturday morning 18 hole league at Pine Hills in Hinkley, so it has the course name on it.

i have one :)

Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!