IGNORED

2009 MLB Playoffs

Grndslmhttr3
Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

THE PHILS have lived up to their "end of the bargain". Now, it is up to the Yanks to finish off the Heavenly Ones tonight. You guys are right---this will be an interesting World Series, and I cannot wait for it to begin. A true "Fall Classic".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear about a team that creates the most buzz. You either hate or love the Yankees. When the Yankees are one, it is 100% evident, that the MLB's ratings go way up. Thats the reason you hear about the Yankees the most. The MLB is not stupid.. they cater to the audience that puts money in their pockets.

I agree, I don't even have a problem with it...just don't bitch when you don't like what you hear all the time either.

PHILLIES! Very nice of them to send the Dodgers out of philly with a beatdown. Cant wait for the World Series.

Beatdown is an understament. Padilla had a total meltdown...great freakin night at the bank!!

Next time you come to a game go to Tony's Luke steak shop at Front and Oregon, not five minutes from the ball park...even better then the ones at the field!!
THE PHILS have lived up to their "end of the bargain". Now, it is up to the Yanks to finish off the Heavenly Ones tonight. You guys are right---this will be an interesting World Series, and I cannot wait for it to begin. A true "Fall Classic".

Oh, yea. I do believe this series is going to be one for the ages...What tickets for game 7 Lee vs Sabathia be worth!!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Am I the only one who likes the Dodgers and Yankees and hates the Phillies.
I want the Phillies to get swept in the World Series because they deserve to!

r7 Limited 9.5
r7 tp or r9 15*
300 series 3-9
48* 200 & 64* 07' SM
588 Chrome DSG 53* & 60* GM2 Exchange #5 34in Pro V1

I want the Phillies to get swept in the World Series because they deserve to!

r7 Limited 9.5
r7 tp or r9 15*
300 series 3-9
48* 200 & 64* 07' SM
588 Chrome DSG 53* & 60* GM2 Exchange #5 34in Pro V1

I have never understood why people "hate" a particular sports team. Did that team bully you as a child? Did they steal your identity and rob you blind? Perhaps you hate the city they represent and why does one team deserve to win over another?

The Phillies worked hard this season and deserve to be where they are. The Dodgers were just not up to it. Maybe next year.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Sorry that your Dodgers got spanked two years in a row. Neither of the two series were remotely close.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Go Phillies!!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Nice to see the Angels slow the Yankees down a bit, even if they probably will make the World Series.

Good to see the yankees showing their vulnerability. I knew it was a bad call to pull Lackey after seeing what happened when the Phils pulled martinez that one game. Its just amazing that the Angels cannot hit a HR yet were still able to beat the yanks.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

Wait wait wait... The Yankees bullpen is a weakness???

Here is what I mean about the bullpen----------Last night, the Yankee hitters give the bullpen a 6-4 lead to protect in the 7th inning , after being behind 4-0. Marte and Hughes gave up 3 runs, so the Angels took back the lead 7-6, and that was the final score. That hurts the psychology of the team when they can score 6 runs in one inning, and then watch as the bullpen cannot hold that lead in the same inning.

Here is what I mean about the bullpen----------Last night, the Yankee hitters give the bullpen a 6-4 lead to protect in the 7th inning , after being behind 4-0. Marte and Hughes gave up 3 runs, so the Angels took back the lead 7-6, and that was the final score. That hurts the psychology of the team when they can score 6 runs in one inning, and then watch as the bullpen cannot hold that lead in the same inning.

However... doesnt every team have the same issue. The Yankees bullpen has been the best in the league this year. Sure, they have had issues, but to call them a liability is by far an over-statement!

In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

yanks vulnerability is the same as the phils...except they have an all world closer to fall back on. i still don't think the angels will have enough firepower to win 2 in NY. phils vs yanks is gonna be a great series because they are both so evenly matched. phils have legit AL power and both have an outstanding front end of the rotation

Have had to grimace at too many blown calls by the umpires in these post-season games. I would hate to see more red flag type (as in football) challenges, but I expect we will hear some calls for it. The whole stadium sees the instant replays and the umps will be taking some heat.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

Have had to grimace at too many blown calls by the umpires in these post-season games. I would hate to see more red flag type (as in football) challenges, but I expect we will hear some calls for it. The whole stadium sees the instant replays and the umps will be taking some heat.

Major League Baseball desparately needs the ability to challenge calls, like the NFL does.

yanks vulnerability is the same as the phils...except they have an all world closer to fall back on. i still don't think the angels will have enough firepower to win 2 in NY. phils vs yanks is gonna be a great series because they are both so evenly matched. phils have legit AL power and both have an outstanding front end of the rotation

Phils have hit way more, yet dont have a DH. Lidge has allowed zero runs in the postseason so far. remember him last year? yeah, hes back... just wait till he proves this in the WS. he is one of the major reasons the phils got the win last year and he is stepping up big this postseason and is gonna make up for the reg season!

Angels probably dont have enough to win 2, but I pick them winning the next game. I just hope the phils play like they have this last series, they will embarrass the yankees and all will be well on the east coast
Major League Baseball desparately needs the ability to challenge calls, like the NFL does.

The MLB should honestly be embarrassed about the calls this post season. I'm sure they are cooking something up but just cant implement it midway though the postseason. next year I think we are gonna see some sort of challenge process.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

Phils have hit way more, yet dont have a DH. Lidge has allowed zero runs in the postseason so far. remember him last year? yeah, hes back... just wait till he proves this in the WS. he is one of the major reasons the phils got the win last year and he is stepping up big this postseason and is gonna make up for the reg season!

The Phils are 16-4 in the last two years of play-offs. After this series in my opinion they will be 20-5...i see it as 5 games.

If you go through the teams as I see it...TheYankees have an advantage at third base and closer obviously, I call it a push at SS between Jeter and Rollin, I call it a push in starting pitching, I call it a push in the bull pen outside of closer...C, 1st, 2nd, entire outfield goes to philly.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Note: This thread is 5257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!