IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note:Β This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I have to say, I lost a lot of interest in the show now that every single player that I liked is off.

Agreed.

I was hoping Andrew would win, looks like he changed a little from his reported spoiled brat attitude at Duke. Maybe it was a good act? Besides that crappy shot in the water... he has game. Maybe he cracked under pressure but he didn't slam clubs and all that other BS. Hope he works his way up in the tours.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Andrew hit his ball into the water, that is a stroke and then when he dropped it just outside the water, is that a 2 stroke penalty or a 1 stroke penalty?

You could look at it as one in the water and one out = one stroke.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.
Β 

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Gipper might be smug and cocky, but so is Andrew. Why are you disappointed that he's gone?

I just caught up with three episodes at once. I agree Andrew is cocky too and I can recall multiples examples the past few episodes. One example is smacking one guy on the ass after beating him in a challenge. Definitely not cool as the person wasn't in a good mood (can't remember who it was).

Very glad to see Andrew gone. I guess some of you saw talent in him, but I only saw a smugish, arrogant country club boy that had way more confidence than he had game!

It's funny how posters differ in their views of these guys. I found Andrew much more annoying than the others. Notwithstanding the editing, I think he clearly is a guy who grates on people. Re: Andrew getting kicked off the Duke golf team ... he had injured a teammate by throwing an object at their face, he broke a club in anger during a tournament, and he verbally abused his coach. All behavior much worse than what people have criticized the other BB contestants. To top it off Giuliani sued the University afterwards only to have a federal court rule for Duke at the earliest stage possible ...

Keeping all this in mind, I would tend to believe some of the BB contestants that Andrew can grate on one's nerves a tad bit! lol

Why is everyone so rattled up about Gipp and Tony? They're playing to win just like anyone would...The editing must be really good b/c people are taking the personal side of the show so seriously...lol...Ever notice that it's only Gipper and Tony talking to the camera during the show? This is what the producers want for ratings. And so far, it's working. Tony, Gipper, Kevin and Mike are still in it for a reason. They're playing well. They executed the shots when they had to. Most of the things they say on the show are given to them from the producers anyway so yea...Let's enjoy the competition. It's just a TV show for crying out loud...

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

Very glad to see Andrew gone. I guess some of you saw talent in him, but I only saw a smugish, arrogant country club boy that had way more confidence than he had game! To his credit, he rode that confidence all the way to the final five, but eventually when it came to playing "real golf" his lack of talent was exposed.

You think Kevin earned his spot and DONT think Andrew has game! Tell me you are kidding, if you think Kevin does, what has shown you that Andrew doesnt. Andrew IS the reason Kevin made it passed the pairing show. I agree Kevin has hit shots when he needed it, but after watching Andrew stick bunker shots over trees to 10 feet, beating Tony in H2H, being at or near the top of EVERY immunity challenge, and only really missing TWO shots the entire show (one of which costs him the show and that was a flier lie that was right on the flag stick)....I dont see how you can say he does not have game.

In My University of Kentucky Bag:

R9 460
R9 T3
TP Rescue 17, 21 degree R7 TP 3-PW W/ Project X 6.0 Rac Z TP Wedges 50, 54, 58 Rife Two Bar Hybrid Mallet TP Black Pro V1

Thats is the nature of this show. If it was based on a point system of some sort, the final found would be vastly different. However its always make or break..as much as I liked Andrew, he seemed to choke when it counted the most...elimination with his arch rival.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If Kevin wins it, it will have to be the biggest upset in the history of this show. On the other hand, maybe it will encourage BB producers to bring on more "Cinderella story" type players and actually give hackers like me a shot at getting on the show.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

If Kevin wins it, it will have to be the biggest upset in the history of this show. On the other hand, maybe it will encourage BB producers to bring on more "Cinderella story" type players and actually give hackers like me a shot at getting on the show.

Haha I can see that..."Hi I'm John I've only been playing golf for 3 months and I'm 70 years old"

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56ΒΊ SW/60ΒΊ LWPutter: ...

My hunch is Mike wins, based on listening to Golfgal's interviews. She's interviewed the winner every time since she started this, 3 Big Breaks plus Highway 18. I always doubted Andrew would win since he's not among her group. Supposedly he was off limits, for whatever reason, when she tried to contact him to be a part of the lineup.

Gipper has not participated either. The other three have. I'll toss Kevin based on long odds. That leaves Mike and Tony. I'd pull for Tony among that choice but Mike has been so arrogant in the interviews, even more than on the show, that I think he pulled this off and it encourages his jerk side, just itching for the outcome to be revealed.

Regardless, I retain about 10% interest, now that Andrew is gone. Luckily there are only two episodes remaining, not the logical three, with four contestants remaining. I guess they'll eliminate two players next week, otherwise it would mean a 3-way finale.

BTW, on another forum someone pointed out that Andrew's ball was on the green but he marked it and then placed the ball briefly on the fringe while lining up the putt. That's why he was able to touch it. The ball was not in play at that point.

it's a 2 hour 3 way finale.

1 eliminated next week.

1 the first hour of the week after and then they probably play a round during the second hour

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

i find myself saying "wow" after all kinds of shots now

Haha, me too.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19ΒΊ (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56ΒΊ SW/60ΒΊ LWPutter: ...

Man, I decided to tune in this year and Im pretty sick of this show. Its a reality show with a bunch of rich kids bitching about everything. Its really gotten annoying and I think Im done watching this show.

I cant stand rich kids complaining, Im sorry.

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:
Β 

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I think if J.R. would have made it farther, I'd watch a tad more of the show. I like Andrew and think it would be hilarious if either him or the Caddy beat the two cocky brothers from Utah. I've had a couple of drinks so I can't remember the names right now, but that's how much I really care about this show. At least its golf and I'm in Iowa, so not much else going on.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Haha I can see that..."Hi I'm John I've only been playing golf for 3 months and I'm 70 years old"

Well, not to that degree, but someone who is a decent player who legitimately needs help getting to the next level, sure. That kind of stuff would be a

real "Big Break." I mean really, it seems like every time there is a new season of Big Break, more than half of the contestants on this show already have equipment and/or clothing sponsorships. Are you telling me Mike Perez or the Finau brothers or Andrew Giuliani have trouble coming up with entry fees and money to get to and from qualifying sites, or coming up with their $4,500 for Q-school? Do they have any problems buying new equipment if a club breaks? This show should have more people like J.R. who have to scrounge for cash all week long just to pay for a Monday qualifier. I would be much more interested in that than a bunch of kids that are already well off whining about who's annoying them that week. If the Finau brothers or Mike Perez won Big Break, how would it change their lives? Probably not THAT much. They already have the time and money to go out and play and practice and buy equipment... that's not what's stopping them from making it to the next level. I dunno, I just feel like that would be a lot more compelling.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Man, I decided to tune in this year and Im pretty sick of this show. Its a reality show with a bunch of rich kids bitching about everything. Its really gotten annoying and I think Im done watching this show.

What makes you think they are all rich kids? Are you referring specifically to the brothers?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

This show should have more people like J.R. who have to scrounge for cash all week long just to pay for a Monday qualifier.

totally agree with this

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note:Β This thread is 3686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!