IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope Kevin Erdman wins at this point just because no one respects his game. I don't think there is any clear favorite though, so it's anyone's guess. If I had to bet on someone though, it would be Mike Perez because of his Nationwide Tour experience.

Weeeeeeee. Not sure when I posted that. When Guiliani was still left though.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious Parts:

Kevin:

"I know my game – it's crappy."
After Tony hit a 125 drive in the trees, Kevin: "I outdrove Tony, I just want everybody to notice that."

And Mike chucking his club so it stuck in there like Excalibur was funny too.

With props to Mike for staging a furious rally, Tony gave the thing away at 17. I've played that course a couple of times and basically Tony misclubbed himself. He could have hit a hybrid or a long iron, hit the fairway and made no worse than par. First time I played the course the cart had the GPS unit and the "Pro tips" said "hit all you want" even though it's a dogleg left. I'm not a long hitter and I hit it through the dogleg and had to hit a punch to get back on course. Considering how long Tony is, he had no business hitting driver or three-wood. To me, his play on that hole was the giftwrap to Mike. But all credit to Perez. Despite his lack of on course anger management, he hung in there and got the job done. Congrats.

Hilarious Parts:

I loved Kevin's demeanor through out the series. I think many would be doing themselves a favor in copying his ego-less attitude. In the end maybe a little bit of negativity did not allow him to play his best. I also loved Giuliani's mental game.

Mike's on course behavior was atrocious (didn't see him fix any divots, let alone all the turf damage from chucking clubs), which is a real turnoff. Respect the game, man, act like a pro! Having said that, it was interesting to watch him ride the highs and lows and eventually dig himself out of a huge hole. He is definitely a grinder. I think if he just tries to have more of a "so what" attitude, the sky is the limit for him. He's way too hard on himself. Entertaining show IMO.

'09 R9
'09 R9 3 wood 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3-4 hybrids
'10 AP1 710 5-GW
Vokey SM 54*/11 Vokey SM 58*/4 Barbados putter C-130

Thats 2 hrs of my life I'll never get back. After watching Kevin, I'm determined to never talk to another shot I make! poor bast**d had little confidence, but for some reason I did like to watch him and his humor was good. For those nay sayers of PEREZ's antics of club slamming, throwing, cussing...humm, I seem to remember a 1000 post thread of a certain cele-BRATY doing this same thing, and many werent bothered by it at all. I do hope that big bro puts a boot in his arse regarding this.

For those nay sayers of PEREZ's antics of club slamming, throwing, cussing...humm, I seem to remember a 1000 post thread of a certain cele-BRATY doing this same thing, and many werent bothered by it at all. I do hope that big bro puts a boot in his arse regarding this.

**cough cough** TIGER

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

Thats 2 hrs of my life I'll never get back. After watching Kevin, I'm determined to never talk to another shot I make! poor bast**d had little confidence, but for some reason I did like to watch him and his humor was good. For those nay sayers of PEREZ's antics of club slamming, throwing, cussing...humm, I seem to remember a 1000 post thread of a certain cele-BRATY doing this same thing, and many werent bothered by it at all. I do hope that big bro puts a boot in his arse regarding this.

Why would he? It's my understanding that his brother acts the same way.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I don't watch this very often but my biggest beef about the show is the Golf Channel's repeated airing of each episode. Seems they replay it over and over and over. I love watching reality TV shows like Pawn Stars, Ice Road Truckers, Axe Men, Deadlist Catch etc. and most networks only run last weeks show an hour before the new show each week but the with the Golf Channel is like ground hog day, over and over and over.

Why would he? It's my understanding that his brother acts the same way.

I wasn't aware of this. But hypothetically speaking, how much golf would you watch/enjoy if say 80% of those who are aired off the tee box, fairway, or the green slung clubs, cussed etc. I kno it happens more that its shown, but I'm talking almost eveyone...these guys expect to make perfect shots every time, its what they do for a living, but would you really watch it on TV or attend a live event? "Oooo, Phil blocked that way right...holy cow he threw his driver further than his ball...lets check in on Stricker, WOW, he missed that 4' putt...oops, his caddy now has a Scotty sticking from his eyesocket. Maybe we should see how VJ is doing..."

I wasn't aware of this. But hypothetically speaking, how much golf would you watch/enjoy if say 80% of those who are aired off the tee box, fairway, or the green slung clubs, cussed etc. I kno it happens more that its shown, but I'm talking almost eveyone...these guys expect to make perfect shots every time, its what they do for a living, but would you really watch it on TV or attend a live event? "Oooo, Phil blocked that way right...holy cow he threw his driver further than his ball...lets check in on Stricker, WOW, he missed that 4' putt...oops, his caddy now has a Scotty sticking from his eyesocket. Maybe we should see how VJ is doing..."

Personally I think throwing clubs and foul language is due more to embarrassment then anything else. It takes the focus off the bad shot/putt and places it elsewhere. Not a psychologist, but it just seems reasonable.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Is it me (maybe I misunderstood) But mike said after the 8th hole... there is still 11 holes to play. Which for me meant playoff..it kind of blew the suspense away for me...for at least the 19th hole.

anyone heard this..or it is just me having some hallucinations...

I had realized there would be a playoff when about half way through the episode when they were showing scenes from what was to come Kevin was standing on the side with the group as they all watched what was going on in front of them. I rewound it and pointed it out to my wife... she wasn't happy I spoiled it for her either.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

god, you people are too smart for your own good .

question: on mike's violent club throwing and digging. as much as i suspect the producers might have oked it for better viewer reaction, is it cause for penalty in regular sanctioned tournaments?

i will give it to you if you shovel your clubs hard into the bag, loser, but i think throwing the clubs into bushes and digging into the grounds should not be tolerated.

it would have been a much better TV ending when after mike's last putt, the producer comes out and announces the winner to be tony because mike had disqualified himself with his club throwing, haha.

god, you people are too smart for your own good

Boy what a terrible way to win that would be. I couldnt even accept it at that point, money or not.

Tony didnt deserve anything. In the end, Tony collapsed. He hit a tree on the par 5, then sunk one, cart path or no cart path. The pressure got to him and he sunk.

My sentiments exactly. Who cares if you can drive the ball 350 yards if you leave a 4 footer short when it counts.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Boy what a terrible way to win that would be. I couldnt even accept it at that point, money or not.

i know, but probably not as terrible as winning while banging every club in sight.

i know, but probably not as terrible as winning while banging every club in sight.

So the same goes for Tiger and every other pga pro who has ever bashed a club?

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!