IGNORED

Winter Golf Trip Suggestions

Note: This thread is 5287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just north of Tampa (12 miles) is a small community called Wesley Chapel. It is the home of Saddlebrook Resort (where my granddaughter drives the bev cart on the weekends). Just 8 miles away is PGA Pro Tom Lehman's beautiful Lake Jovita GC . Up the road a few miles in Brooksville is World Woods and just west in Lutz is TPC Tampa Bay where the Outback Steakhouse Championship is held.

In between these jewels are many public courses with better than reasonable rates. Pebble Creek GC, Lexington Oaks, Links at Lake Bernadette, Silverado GC, just to name a few.

Come visit us in Wesley Chapel where you can play a different course everyday and the rates are unbeleivable.

Can't believe nobody suggested Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I spend lots of time there and if you want any suggestions, shoot me a PM. Fantastic golf value there with over 100 area courses. Read up online a bit and shoot me a PM if interested so I can tell you some of my favorite tracks.

http://www.myrtlebeachgolfcourses.com/

https://www.opengolfteetimes.org/gol...utmk=265097359

Looking at Wunderground and using it's "Trip Planner" feature, I see the average daily high for the time frame of Dec 1-10 is 61 degrees in Myrtle Beach. Perfect golfing weather if you ask me. Link below with historical averages ...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...South+Carolina

• Administrator
Can't believe nobody suggested Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

I went last year at the beginning of December. We didn't get above 50 the entire trip, and one of the days it hailed briefly while we were playing. The first morning we waited 90 minutes through a frost delay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what are some good courses in Scottsdale/Phoenix?

Just use the search engine on this site and you will find a bunch of threads talking about tracks in the Phoenix area.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

I went last year at the beginning of December. We didn't get above 50 the entire trip, and one of the days it hailed briefly while we were playing. The first morning we waited 90 minutes through a frost delay.

Bad luck? Sorry dude. The weather data in the previous link doesn't lie, 61 is the average high for the first ten days of December. I ride my Harley down to Myrtle (2 hours from home) in the winter without a jacket on certain days. Sounds like you came the wrong week and had some nasty weather. A rarity though I assure you.

A couple of friends and I would like to take a golfing trip sometime over winter. No better place than here to look for some ideas. Ideally, it would be a warm location, in the United States, relatively cheap to stay and greens fees, and multiple courses to choose from. Any suggestions?

I'm going to Naples, Florida this year. Staying there for a eight days and getting seven rounds of golf in. My grandparents have said they have alot of great courses in that area and I know someone's home course on here is Arrowhead Golf Club...that's the first course I'm going to.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I'm a fan of Myrtle Beach, the RTJ trail and Vegas, but not in Winter.

Although the most well know courses in Orlando are expensive there are plenty of excellent courses in Orlando that have low green fees. You just need to pick the right ones, as there are also some bad cheap ones. A lot of the courses North of downtown Orlando have lower green fess and there are some clubs that allow outside play. Also lots of great afternoon rates. Check Golf Now.com for good deals
For a low priced winter trip with 4 star courses, consider the following Orlando area courses.

Victoria Hills $65 am, $50 pm
Deltona - $40 am, $25 PM
DeBary - $30
Timacuan - $70 am, $40-50PM
Rolling Hills - $30
Harmony - $55
Diamondback - $47 am - $35 pm
Southern Dunes - $79 am- $65 pm
Disney courses - $60 pm
Eagle Creek - $40 PM
Sanctuary Ridge - $25
Sugarloaf Mountain - $75

Note: This thread is 5287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!