IGNORED

The Cincinnati Bengals

Leftygolfer
Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Where are all the "HATERS" now??? How's the CROW taste??? Who would've thunk it, 4-0 against the Ravens AND Steelers. Makes Me proud to be from the Nasty 'Nati again Sugar Bear!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• Administrator
Where are all the "HATERS" now??? How's the CROW taste???

Oh, stop. You're embarrassing yourself. You're behaving like a Washington Capitals fan.

A regular season win is one thing. A win in the post-season is another thing entirely. See you in December/January. If the Bengals don't collapse before then. Bengals played good D, but the Steelers weren't firing on all cylinders (nor was the Bengals O). Was kind of a lousy game all around.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good Game Bengals, at least my Pitt Panthers beat ND.

In the Bag:
Driver:Adams Speedline F11 9 degree RIP Gamma 

3 Wood: Adams Fast 10 15 degrees Voodoo shaft
Hybrid: Irons: Mizuno MP59 Sensicore  XStiff

Wedges: Cleveland Gun Metal 52 56 degree

Putter: Rife: Belly Barbados Tropical

Ball: Titliest Pro V 1

I didn't get to see the game, who won?

On the serious note, Erik, Why do you think the Bengals are so bad in the post season. When they lost to the steelers, our quarterback got hurt. I don't think it would have been the same outcome if that didn't happen. You can't win without Ben, We can't win without Carson.

The bengals are the best team in the AFC north. That is indisputable.

Brian

• Administrator
On the serious note, Erik, Why do you think the Bengals are so bad in the post season. When they lost to the steelers, our quarterback got hurt.

And Kitna stepped in and played better than Palmer would have... c'mon.

I don't think it would have been the same outcome if that didn't happen. You can't win without Ben, We can't win without Carson.

Batch is a pretty good backup. The Steelers can win without Ben. They've done so plenty of times (including the SB against the Seahawks).

The bengals are the best team in the AFC north. That is indisputable.

No it isn't. They have the best record currently. But again, we'll see how that shakes out in December/January.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And Kitna stepped in and played better than Palmer would have... c'mon.

Kitna definitely played well enough to where Palmer being out wasn't the reason the Steelers won that game. He was pretty solid. However, if something does happen to Palmer this season....I'm not sure that offense functions so well. They really didn't even do anything yesterday.

The Bengals don't have the AFC North wrapped up yet. Their next three weeks look to be cupcake but they still have to play the Vikings and Chargers. "You want to crown their asses....then crown their asses." But don't forget.....there are 7 weeks of scheduled games remaining.

Give them some credit. The beat the steelers twice and the ravens twice.

You can't say that Palmer getting hurt didn't effect the game.

There is no way you have the success you do without Ben.

Brian

I give the Bengals plenty of credit....they are a decent team this season. But their reputation has made it hard to just hand the division to them half way through the season.....not that I would if they were the Colts or Patriots. It's ridiculous to do so....especially in todays NFL. Congrats to them so far but there are seven games left...

You can't say that it did either? Noone knows....never will. It's 2009....not 2005. Kitna was 24 of 40 passing for almost 200 yds and a touchdown and ran for 25 yds on 4 carries. Not Manning stats but not bad. Add that 66 yd pass that Palmer through....pretty decent game by the Bengals....and both quarterbacks. Just not enough that day. The Steelers are not as heavily reliant on their quarterback (Ben) as many teams....the Bengals included. They've won many games with their "backup" playing the entire game.....whether it was Batch, Maddox, Ben, O'Donnell, Tomczak, etc....

I am not stupid. I know this season isn't even close to being over. The truth is right now today you can not say that the bengals are not the best team in there division. They just beat the steelers at home favored by 7 and the week before the ravens favored by 6.

The bengals have never had a defense like this. They lose players, the backups come in, they win. They didn't have there starting running back, they won.

I don't have time to look up stats and my memory is less than stellar except for golf shots. I know that both of the teams need there quarterbacks for the leadership as much as anything.

The bengals are good enough to win the super bowl. They have the confidence and ability to win.

Go bengals.

Brian

• Administrator

I've given them the appropriate amount of credit. The point of the regular season is to make it to the playoffs. Nothing more, nothing less. A regular season win doesn't earn you any jewelry or trophies. It gets you one step closer to making it to the season that actually counts.

The Titans beat the Steelers last year in the regular season last year as well. How'd they fare in the post-season?
You can't say that Palmer getting hurt didn't effect the game.

Not to the degree you seem to think it affected the game. We'd disagree there. Kitna played well and always gave the Steelers trouble (particularly when he was with the Seahawks).

There is no way you have the success you do without Ben.

I didn't say they would have. I said they are still quite capable of winning without Ben - and it's been proven several times. You could argue that the Steelers beat the Vikings "without Ben," too.

I am not stupid. I know this season isn't even close to being over. The truth is right now today you can not say that the bengals are not the best team in there division.

Sure I can say that. You've expressed an opinion, not a "truth," and my opinion's based on the fact that the Bengals get worse the later in the season they go. Until they have SOME success in the post-season, I'm not giving them too many props. They're 7-2. That's all the props they get - and deserve - at this point.

The bengals have never had a defense like this. They lose players, the backups come in, they win. They didn't have there starting running back, they won.

I could play the injury card too (Aaron Smith, China Man Polamalu), but that'd be pointless. Great teams overcome those things, they don't get extra credit for them.

The bengals are good enough to win the super bowl. They have the confidence and ability to win.

...says a Bengals fan.

Pretty soon you're going to put "Who Dey?" in your signature, huh? How'd that work out for you the last time? I simply wasn't impressed by either team yesterday. Both played shitty, and the Bengals won on a special teams play. Good for them - good teams find ways to win those types of games (and the Steelers have now lost three games they should have won). But good teams also win in the playoffs, and we're not there yet... Was I wrong? Obviously. I predicted the Steelers would win. But, heck, I thought they'd lose to the Vikings too. So it goes. And I hope you're taking this in the manner intended. Just trash talkin' a little. Nothing personal. I realize you've gotta root for your guys... just like I've gotta root for mine.

I love some friendly banter. I have alot of respect (envy) for the orginization and there commitment to win. Our ownership sucks and we are winning despite that.

It is nice for them and my college team to be doing so well (UC). I am as surprised as anyone about the bengals success.

We will see what happens. Best of luck to your team and I hope we meet again.

Who Dey?" in your signature, huh? How'd that work out for you the last time? I think you must be thinking of someone else.

Brian

I love some friendly banter. I have alot of respect (envy) for the orginization and there commitment to win. Our ownership sucks and we are winning despite that.

Steelers fans are certainly lucky to have such an organization as "their" team.

UC looking good! As are the Bengals. If these two teams meat again....I really hope that it is a much better game. This last one was good defensively....but at least one offensive touchdown would be nice.

I simply wasn't impressed by either team yesterday. Both played shitty, and the Bengals won on a special teams play. Good for them - good teams find ways to win those types of games (and the Steelers have now lost three games they should have won). But good teams also win in the playoffs, and we're not there yet...

Took the words out of my mouth pretty much.

I didn't expect the game to be like that at all....... it was ugly. Unfortunately Steelers screw things up on special teams which is something I'm always worried about with these guys...... Aside from that it was about a tie from my standpoint, but the Bengals got the win. To me, it's the first game the steelers played this year that I felt they didnt deserve to win (and they STILL almost pulled it out... which I take as good news.) As for the Bengals.... At first I gave them their props. These are the kinds of games a team has to win if they want to make it to the playoffs. Also, they have an easy-ish schedule left over.... but there's still a lot of games left. So right now, I have a sort of reserved respect for the bengals that they've earned.... but I really expect to lose the respect by christmas give-or-take.... we'll see. As an Steelers fan.... this makes the rest of the season really interesting to me now. I felt if they won... it'd be kind of boring to watch em probably end up with the division and a guarnateed spot in the playoffs. Now I get to support them working to take back the division or fight it out with the rest of the afc for a playoff spot.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

Note: This thread is 5267 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!