IGNORED

First golfer busted for PEDs

TMO
Note: This thread is 3184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If Bubba Watson is a steroid user, I'm the Easter Bunny.  If he suddenly shows up with guns busting out of his shirt sleeves and forearms that look like Popeye, maybe I'll buy into it.  The only possible thing I could think of attributing to Bubba being on the juice is the way he occasionally bitches out his caddy ('roid rage?)

Just so no young impressionable minds read a thread like this and get the wrong idea, taking anabolic steroids and doing nothing else (i.e., not working out like a maniac) won't magically give you superhuman strength.  Athletes take steroids so they can work out harder and recover faster, which allows them to get bigger and stronger.  If you take steroids, then sit around on your ass and eat Cheetos, all you're going to get is a bad case of acne, man boobs and maybe a side order of liver cancer.

If we have any experts here, somebody please tell me how this photo gives any indication of Bubba being on the juice:

Yep, check out Bubba's Biceps. He did not get that ripped by spending 7 days a week in the gym. He has PED written all over him.

Maybe Bubba Watson, Charles Howell III, Nick O'Hearn call all arm wrestle each other to show off their bulging biceps from PED's. :) I believe Gary Player means well, but he was complaining in a press conference about multiple things including creatine. It takes a lot more than creatine to suddenly bulk up like Barry Bonds.

Chesson Hadley could be an obvious choice of what PED's can do for you. He has really bulked up in the last year.

Is this a joke??? The only way he's "really bulked up" in the last year is if he was LITERALLY a stick figure or Flat Stanley beforehand. ;)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Patrick

Chesson Hadley could be an obvious choice of what PED's can do for you. He has really bulked up in the last year.

Is this a joke???

The only way he's "really bulked up" in the last year is if he was LITERALLY a stick figure or Flat Stanley beforehand. ;)

Nah, Flat Stanley is the PED user.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

[QUOTE name="Mac62" url="/t/30613/first-golfer-busted-for-peds/36#post_1187568"]   If Bubba Watson is a steroid user, I'm the Easter Bunny.  If he suddenly shows up with guns busting out of his shirt sleeves and forearms that look like Popeye, maybe I'll buy into it.  The only possible thing I could think of attributing to Bubba being on the juice is the way he occasionally bitches out his caddy ('roid rage?) :-) Just so no young impressionable minds read a thread like this and get the wrong idea, taking anabolic steroids and doing nothing else (i.e., not working out like a maniac) won't magically give you superhuman strength.  Athletes take steroids so they can work out harder and recover faster, which allows them to get bigger and stronger.  If you take steroids, then sit around on your ass and eat Cheetos, all you're going to get is a bad case of acne, man boobs and maybe a side order of liver cancer. If we have any experts here, somebody please tell me how this photo gives any indication of Bubba being on the juice: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/130218/] [/URL] [/QUOTE] Yep, check out Bubba's Biceps. He did not get that ripped by spending 7 days a week in the gym. He has PED written all over him.

lol... i don't think bubba ever lifts more than 16 ounces at a time... although... maybe he occasionally has a 40 bag... :-D fwiw, i don't doubt there are a few guys out there using "medical assistance"... take any large group of people, and at least a few of them will attempt to get ahead of the others by nefarious means.... however, i do not think it is widespread.... what the op is seeing as "obvious ped abuse" is merely the difference between golfers 50 years ago and now... they eat right, they work out, and they are perfectly fitted with equipment that is in another universe... to the op... "nicholas" was amazingly long... obviously, he was ahead of the curve when it came to ped's... :-P

You should do some reading on PEDS - start by looking a pictures of Lance. These golfers make millions to lose. They have plenty of money to see Drs who put them on ped programs. If you want to believe these young golfers suddenly are swinging the club 30%  faster and hit the ball that much longer while scoring lower on courses that are longer and tougher you go right ahead.  You probably thought Lance was a miracle man too

You should do some reading on PEDS - start by looking a pictures of Lance. These golfers make millions to lose. They have plenty of money to see Drs who put them on ped programs. If you want to believe these young golfers suddenly are swinging the club 30%  faster and hit the ball that much longer while scoring lower on courses that are longer and tougher you go right ahead.  You probably thought Lance was a miracle man too

In case you thought cycling was clean:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-3169801/Chris-Froome-determined-Tour-France-focus-despite-doping-accusations-Team-Sky-silence-accusers.html

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/tour-de-france/chris-froome-hits-out-at-laurent-jalabert-on-twitter-over-doping-insinuation-183323

http://www.prweek.com/article/1357129/pr-war-chris-froome-doping-allegations-boils-during-tour-de-france-2015

http://www.businessinsider.com/afp-tour-de-france-leader-froome-questions-strange-doping-scrutiny-2015-7?IR=T

They're still doping as Armstrong did. And Indurain and LeMond and Hinault and Mercyx and Anquetil. They always have and always will. It is a brutal sport. You are naive to think they are clean now.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Proof?  The PGA testing program is a joke since they like seeing golfers swing 30% faster than before and hit the ball 400 yds.  Dont you believe your own freakin eyes?   Do you think David Copperfield actually makes airplanes disappear too?   If you want to believe it you can. I am sure you believed that Armstrong was superman too.  Its because of people like you that the PGA lets this go on - just like baseball in the 80-90's. Athletes just dont preform magic - sorry

Proof?  The PGA testing program is a joke since they like seeing golfers swing 30% faster than before and hit the ball 400 yds.  Dont you believe your own freakin eyes?   Do you think David Copperfield actually makes airplanes disappear too?   If you want to believe it you can. I am sure you believed that Armstrong was superman too.  Its because of people like you that the PGA lets this go on - just like baseball in the 80-90's. Athletes just dont preform magic - sorry

Athletic people are about 30% stronger or more in some cases than your normally built person.

In the past less athletic men played golf, you had a few like Gary Player who are smaller in stature, but extremely athletic. Now you have people of bigger stature, who could have played other sports like Hockey and turned to golf because the NHL is losing popularity. There are also many other reasons that more athletic people are playing golf now.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have never seen to many gullible people in my life!   Rory - 5 ft 8 in - 3rd leading driver!  Rickie Fowler - 5 7  7th leading driver!  Why is it that Gary Player, the first gym rat in golf knows they are juicing.  I think the problem for those who believe in magic is that you believe the nonsense about equipment.  Well you dont have to be an engineer to know that a huge mallet head driver is HARDER to generate the 30% improvement in club head speed as they do. The other ignorance is that you think PED only applies to roids and muscle mass and that is 20 years in the past.  Look at Tiger!   Sheeeesh. Now we are going to have to wait for some young golfer to suffer some severe illness before the PGA does anything.  Then we will have these 8000 yd courses that they will be shooting 70 and no one will watch. Kind of like what happened to baseball. The PED today inprove fast twitch muscles and focus. Every sport that finally cracked down saw a huge drop in results - trouble with golf is they are altering and building courses longer than ever

I have never seen to many gullible people in my life!   Rory - 5 ft 8 in - 3rd leading driver!  Rickie Fowler - 5 7  7th leading driver!  Why is it that Gary Player, the first gym rat in golf knows they are juicing.  I think the problem for those who believe in magic is that you believe the nonsense about equipment.  Well you dont have to be an engineer to know that a huge mallet head driver is HARDER to generate the 30% improvement in club head speed as they do. The other ignorance is that you think PED only applies to roids and muscle mass and that is 20 years in the past.  Look at Tiger!   Sheeeesh. Now we are going to have to wait for some young golfer to suffer some severe illness before the PGA does anything.  Then we will have these 8000 yd courses that they will be shooting 70 and no one will watch. Kind of like what happened to baseball. The PED today inprove fast twitch muscles and focus. Every sport that finally cracked down saw a huge drop in results - trouble with golf is they are altering and building courses longer than ever

I'm about 5'10.5" and when I was younger I was only 188 pounds and could bench press 1.5 times my weight, and don't consider myself all that athletic. I ran track in high school, did martial arts and cycling. So, I was exposed to many people who had superior athleticism than me. Many of my peers were about 20% stronger for their weight than me.

I easily can imagine someone 30% stronger or faster than me at any point in my life.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well, we should find out pretty soon. Won't most golfers be going into the Olympics drug testing program soon? I believe that's the most strict testing program in the world, so we'll find out how many are actually juicing.

Spoiler alert - it will be greater than 0, but minimal. And scores will be exactly the same.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I hope you plan on posting in other threads and did not join just to rant in this one. It will get tiring.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Well, we should find out pretty soon. Won't most golfers be going into the Olympics drug testing program soon? I believe that's the most strict testing program in the world, so we'll find out how many are actually juicing.

Spoiler alert - it will be greater than 0, but minimal. And scores will be exactly the same.

Guessing this is the case. Olympic drug testing is the best in the world, but has been tricked before.

I think PEDs will be a problem in Golf when everyone scores within a stroke of each other over 4 rounds. From what I understand, PEDs really have a minimal effect on speed sports, but enough to get that 0.01s advantage in 100m sprints and the like.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

ummm....   i'm as big a cycling fan as i am a golf fan, and it was obvious to all how dirty armstrong was (of course, everyone in the peloton was dirty then as well, he was just better at it)...    and it was obvious to many how dirty mlb baseball was

got news for you, they are still getting popped pretty regularly...  and no one who is any type of serious cycling fan believes the peleton is anywhere near "clean"...

i don't believe in "fairy dust"...

i think you are trolling...

Note: This thread is 3184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!