IGNORED

New Sand Wedge

goin_low
Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which sand wedge is best?

• Cleveland CG 15
    • Callaway X Series Jaws
    • Titleist Vokey
    • Nike SV Tour
    • Taylormade TP

Though I still like Vokeys far and away the most the Mizunos are really underrated and i tried the CG15s today. The writing around the face isn't as noticeable as it might seem in the pictures I've seen but the micro grooves didn't seem to make much of a difference, that is, they aren't as deep as they look in the pictures and I don't think they will add much spin, if any.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
Several good choices out there I think. Vokey SM 2009, great shape, good playability, pretty good spin, not as durable as some other wedges probably, hard on golf balls. Cleveland CG15, probably one of the easiest to hit, not as durable as some other wedges, decent spin probably. Cally Jaws with MD grooves, probably really durable like the X-Forged and X-Tour, awesome spin, way too much for some folks probably as you are going to have to hit your approach shots with the 56 and 60 past the pin because they WILL suck the ball back, VERY hard on golf balls, Mizuno MP-T 10, great looking wedge, probably relatively average spin, which a lot of folks will like, and probably easier on golf balls than most. I currently play the NIKE VR 56.14 and 60.08 and really like them. Nice feel, pretty good spin and durability, fairly hard on golf balls. Pretty playable but not quite as forgiving as the Cleveland CG 12 and 14.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

I am Mizuno guy and would buy the new Quad cut Mizuno's

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I tested the vokey's and cg15's side by side and for me there was no comparison. I found the vokeys way too clunky and hard to hit. I either hit them too heavy or too thin. The cg15's for me are an all around better wedge. Better balanced and consistently produce crisper contact around the green and from the fairway. The cg15's have taken some off of the toe so it's easier to open it up around the green for delicate flop shots as well. The one thing that vokeys have over clevelands by far is the spin factor. If you are looking for alot more spin and that is your main criteria for buying new wedges, then absolutely get the vokeys.
In my Vantage bag:
Driver::905R 8.5*(V2)
3 Wood:Launcher 13*(V2)
Irons:AP2 (Project X 5.5) (3-W)
HybridTWS 19*Gap wedge:CG15 50* Sand wedge:CG15 56*Putter:: XG9 (35")Ball:ProV1X

Vokeys for me as that's what I play.

i'm playing great with the vokeys and i get loads of spin from them.

One reason why we need the new grooves ASAP.

To the OP: Have you considered the new Mizuno MP T-10 wedges? Iacas' recent review of them was high praise indeed.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Vokeys for me as that's what I play.

Word.

To the OP:

These will be my next wedges once the RAC TPs are worn out. (probably sometime next season) One of my usual playing partner switched out his Clevelands for the Mizzys. I tried the 56* for a few shots and was instantly in love

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I've got the titlest, i don't like it to much, so i'm still looking. I was thinking about the scratch wedge. I always seem to hit if fat more than anything. I love my utility and wedge g10, i guess cause the bounce works for me. So what do you think about the scratch wedges?

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

Note: This thread is 5259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!