IGNORED

Cleveland Golf

aca247
Note: This thread is 3474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone here used the Cleveland Niblik Hybrid Wedges?? Said to be easier to use than a wedge eg 49 deg equivalent to pitching wedge.

Interested in expert comments.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried one of the Niblicks at a demo day and didn't like it. Maybe good for a higher handicap who has trouble around the greens or 100 yards and in, but I much prefer a normal wedge to the Niblick.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

I too must join this Cleveland appreciation thread. As you'll see from my sig, it's pretty much all Cleveland in the bag. I am nowhere near good enough to know why I prefer Cleveland clubs to any other, but when I bought my CG7 irons (which I started my revamped bag with) i kind of blind tested them against TM and Pings GI irons, and they just felt better, plus got me at least 10 yards more per club.

I will admit to something which others rarely do - I buy into the brand, and how it makes me feel to play a particular brand. I like Clevelands branding, I like that they aren't used by everyone (although Vijay is one of my favourite players), and I like the consistency that playing one brand gives me - mentally. I've even got a Cleveland towel and cap. Sad ain't it. I just tell people that they're my sponsor. The illusion last at least until my first duff..

Driver: Launcher 10.5°
3-Wood: Launcher 15°
5-Wood: Launcher 19°
Hybrid: Baffler TWS 20°
Irons: CG7 4-PWWedges: CG15 Black Pearl 52.10 58.12Putter: Rossa Kia Ma MonacoBalls: e6+

I have a Launcher Ti with a V2 shaft that is the most consistent driver I have ever owned. I routinely try to replace this club with a newer, longer hitting driver, only to return to the Launcher Ti.

I carry a 25* Halo that acts as a strong 5 iron for me. This club is great out of the rough, extraordinary from fairway bunkers, etc.

I carry a CG14 58* wedge and, on occasion, a 50* CG11 wedge.

Cleveland makes very good clubs. It is difficult, however, for a Pittsburgh guy to carry or wear anything that says Cleveland!(I know they really are not from Cleveland).

I am a HUGE fan of Cleveland golf! I started with a set of Cleveland TA-5's and have never owned another brand of irons since! I now currently own a set of Cleveland TA3 gunmetal irons and i couldnt ask for a better iron! Everyone has their own preferences though, but id suggest anyone to try their products. Their wedges are also IMO the best in the business. I dont think ive hit a bad product by these guys!

In My Cleveland golf stand bag:
Driver: r580xd 10.5
Woods: launcher 3 and 5 woods
Irons: gunmetal TA-3 1 iron and 3-pw
Wedges: MP-T series 53* oil can 58* Putter: sigma

Has anyone tried the CG7 tours??? Any thoughts...I'm finding a pretty good deal.!

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Thought I should jump into this since I am becoming a big fan of Cleveland.

Got a Tour Action 60* wedge a few years ago and loved the feel of it, even though I should have bought a 56* at the time (but I didn't know any better). So eventually, I'll be looking to get another wedge...

Just got the HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver to replace to craptastic (yet, I still managed to smash the ball with it... 300+ sometimes) Wilson Air Power driver. I don't even know what it's loft is - doesn't say on the club. Anyways, I went to Top Golf yesterday and gave my new driver a shot and holy cowwww, instant love, haha. I was hitting it far, but straight as an arrow. Normally I would have a slice when using my driver, and now it's gone with this new beast. :]

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

Never Compromise is a company in the same group as Cleveland. Does anyone have any experience with their putters? I looked a number of putters the other day. I was trying to find out if the beloved Scotty Camerons actually have mystic attributes. Instead I found the Never Compromise putters to have a better feel. Anyone have one?

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

I had 2 different NC putters- the VooDoo mallet and the Milled Series 5 blade style putter. I actually still have the Voo Doo, but it's been in the bullpen for several years.

The Milled series is Japanese carbon steel, I believe, and has that wonderful feel when struck properly. Mine had a plumbers neck, and I tend to pull everything with this style neck. I sold it to a friend, who swears it's the best putter he's ever had.

• 7 months later...
I have to agree with Garch. I have completely bought into the great playability of Cleveland's clubs. I started with their woods, then the wedges. Now everything I own has a big GC on it, with the exception of the Odyssey putter.

It is somewhat satisfying to pull the same brand out of the bag for every shot.

Like Garch, I am a walking advert for GC. I have hats to match every golf shirt, and carry the '08 tour bag. In the bag is:

HiBore 9.5
Launcher 15* and 19*
2i and 3i Halo
2005 Launcher irons 4-DW
CG12 52/56/58

I pull 3 clubs out to get down to 14, depending where I am playing.

Great wedges, unique drivers, and awesome cheap putters.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I use the Cleveland Classic Putter and Cleveland CG4 Tour irons, and I love them both. I haven't updated my signature yet but I lost my 588 wedge, which was also amazing.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have 6 Cleveland clubs in my bag. They are pretty good.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher 9.5* (UST Proforce V2 65 R)
#3, #5, #7 and #9 Wood: Cleveland Launcher (Cleveland Gold, UST Proforce and Grafalloy ProLaunch regular shaft)
Hybrid irons: 5-6, Adams (Graphite Design YS+ Graphite R)
Irons: 7-PW, Adams Tech OS Hybrid (True Temper GS75 steel R)
Wedges: 52*...

I have the Cleveland Classic 4 putter...It is a nice looking putter and has good feel. My buddy seems to like there wedges. So I may get a Gap wedge from them or Titleist...

I definately like cleveland clubs. It started with the driver, used it when a friend owned it and had to have one. next came the wedges, was using hand me downs and all this box groove stuff got me wanting them and they are amazing. Next came the irons...they are the most forgiving blade i have ever hit. Much easier to hit than a miura blade or titleist 695 blade. Then i added the hybrid and 3w to make it a set. Both of these clubs are long even with an easy smooth swing. However i am considering reshafting the 3w to something a little stiffer. It has the fit on gold(r)flex and isnt really stiff enough for me.

I would recommend all these clubs to anyone. Has anyone switched to a new launcher dst driver to see if it makes a big difference.

Gibson Bay Golf Course

I bought my first wedge, a cleveland 483 60, becu wedge and then a Cleveland Launcher. I like their putters and Vijay Singh's irons.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 3474 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!