IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Agree with you Three Putt, totally bored of this story by now but it is nice of John Daly to say a few positive things about Tiger and this situation. And yes, you are right about your spelling, no double "e" in Chinese.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you Three Putt, totally bored of this story by now but it is nice of John Daly to say a few positive things about Tiger and this situation. And yes, you are right about your spelling, no double "e" in Chinese.

Thanks for the correction, I can't even spell Chinese...I am going to have one hell of a time learning it!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Kind of disappointed in The Golf Channel. There's been very little released on the story as of now yet TGC feels as though they need a whole special on this situation? Seriously?

I guess they need something to report on Tiger since the usual "THIS IS TIGER'S LAST TOURNAMENT OF THE YEAR..." that they've been advertising the last month or so is now out.

Kind of disappointed in The Golf Channel. There's been very little released on the story as of now yet TGC feels as though they need a whole special on this situation? Seriously?

What do you expect them to do? I'm not surprised, afterall, much of their success since 1996 can be directly attributed to him.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Anything is possible. The question is not what is possible, but what is probable. This would not even be an issue in the headlines if the law enforcement officers who arrived on the scene did not suspect something was not right, based on the physical evidence and/or statements made. Experienced police officers are very good at looking at an accident scene and telling within a few minutes if something does not fit with the story given. They run across this situation ALL the time. The fact that they are continuing to investigate this accident tells me that this is exactly the case.

On that same thought though, probable does NOT equal actual.

The fact that this is an issue all over the news has NOTHING to do with the police's investigation and EVERYTHING to do with the fact it involves Tiger Woods, a celebrity with a clean image and a reputation for keeping anything and everything private. The police aren't dragging him in for questioning, they aren't freezing his bank accounts, and they aren't setting up a stakeout across the street from his residence. Everyone is blowing this out of proportion and making assumptions based on assumed "facts" instead of waiting for everything to come out.
At this point, I have no doubt that Tiger and/or his wife did not tell the truth about the circumstances surrounding this incident. How this may or may not be linked to issues in Tiger's personal life is totally irrelevant. The cops don't know and don't care about who Tiger has or has not been seeing. They are very interested in whether a false statement was made to LE at the time. Cops and the district atty don't like being lied to, and they will pursue this until they are satisfied that they truth has been told or until they reach a point that charges cannot be filed due to lack of evidence.

1) You were not there that night.

2) You do not know Tiger Woods or anyone with any connection to him. So how exactly do you have "no doubt" concerning anything to do with this incident? It's time to stop reading TMZ and The National Enquirer and come back down to reality.

Doesn't this sort of thing happen to every athlete at one point?

I have no idea what incidents you are referring to but ... did this "sort of thing" happen to Jack?

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

What do you expect them to do? I'm not surprised, afterall, much of their success since 1996 can be directly attributed to him.

I know, it's hard to imagine The Golf Channel making money off anything other than Tiger.

Whenever Tiger does decide to retire, they will be in trouble. I just don't know why we need a special about this situation that Tiger obviously wants to keep private. No more information has been released (to my knowledge?) so what else is there to report to warrant a full show about it? Seemed to me they just had a bunch of people on there guessing at what they think might have happened with no substantial evidence? Just don't think it does anything for TGC.

I have no idea what incidents you are referring to but ... did this "sort of thing" happen to Jack?

maybe it did just no major press he wasnt as "famous" as tiger therefore not so much press.but i doubt it did i just dont see why so many people are making such a big deal out of it.i mean i would like to know,but im not gonna obsess over it.i want to believe the best for him.elin could have very well broke the windoe to get him out,we will never know the complete truth.let it die down.the man does deserve peace.

Whenever Tiger does decide to retire, they will be in trouble.

What's that old saying about putting all the eggs in one basket? This controversy is exactly the type of thing that will lead him to retire at a young age, which will leave quite a few people in the golf world scrambling to replace their cash cow.

listen i think the police are on a bit of a witch hunt, I do believe the press has raised it to new levels just because it is Tiger, I also agree that he doesn't owe any explanation to anyone but....if he had just met with the police, of course he would have his army of lawyers present at the time so nothing "incorrect" would be said this would all be gone.

I don't believe for a minute it was simple traffic accident nor do I need to pump the story for more info...the whole thing is crazy. let the man live and move on people.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

This controversy is exactly the type of thing that will lead him to retire at a young age, which will leave quite a few people in the golf world scrambling to replace their cash cow.

With you there, Doc. If it was me, I'd probably have decided the game simply isn't worth the candle by now.

Whatever did or did not happen, I would like to think the world can get by without inserting itself so deeply into people's private lives as this - it's 'dabbling in the stuff of their souls', as someone said about Charles & Diana. It's a private matter, imho.

What's that old saying about putting all the eggs in one basket? This controversy is exactly the type of thing that will lead him to retire at a young age, which will leave quite a few people in the golf world scrambling to replace their cash cow.

Exactly. What do they plan to do? Show Tiger's "Top 10" re-runs over and over again after he's retired? lol

Maybe they make all the money they need to stay in business from Jack Hamm infomercials and don't need Tiger after all? Joke is on us.
listen i think the police are on a bit of a witch hunt, I do believe the press has raised it to new levels just because it is Tiger, I also agree that he doesn't owe any explanation to anyone but....if he had just met with the police, of course he would have his army of lawyers present at the time so nothing "incorrect" would be said this would all be gone.

Yeah, there's no need in my eyes for the Florida Highway Patrol to be seeking a warrant for medical records. I realize they are trying to make it out to be a domestic dispute, but unless my knowledge of the law (I admit it's limited) is incorrect, unless Tiger (or the victim) wants to press charges, there's nothing the police can do anyway, right?

If this were some average Joe, would the Florida Highway Patrol be going to these extremes? Doubtful. It's Tiger Woods and even the FSP wants to get in on the action of breaking a story on the most recognizable figure in sports.

Moving past the scandalous aspects of this matter, what someone does after they've taken a blow may better define them.

To me, I understand Tiger's decision not to play in his tournament ... but not to host it? I see that as a mistake. Suck it up, go to the tournament and represent. Dealing with the media? All he has to say is that he is taking no other questions other than those specifically related to the kids his charity is helping, the goals and results of the charity and the tournament field represented and if other questions persist the interview will conclude. It's not that hard and he doesn't look like some guy hiding in his house from the bully in the neighborhood.
Yeah, there's no need in my eyes for the Florida Highway Patrol to be seeking a warrant for medical records. I realize they are trying to make it out to be a domestic dispute, but unless my knowledge of the law (I admit it's limited) is incorrect, unless Tiger (or the victim) wants to press charges, there's nothing the police can do anyway, right?

Well, it's a two-way street. An "average Joe" wouldn't be turning away the Florida Highway Patrol now would he?. As far as the police not being able to do anything ... absolutely false. There are plenty of so-called "victimless crimes" on the books. The police need only have a law on the books and pass judicial review of their actions with respect to the specific ordinance.

What Tiger is doing isn't somehow "special treatment" by the cops. He is exercising his rights under the U.S. Constitution. If the average Joe is too stupid to know that he doesn't have to talk to the cops, then that's his own problem.

• Administrator
I realize they are trying to make it out to be a domestic dispute, but unless my knowledge of the law (I admit it's limited) is incorrect, unless Tiger (or the victim) wants to press charges, there's nothing the police can do anyway, right?

I believe that's different now and the state can press charges if they believe there's domestic abuse. It stems from women who were obviously beaten several times ending up dead because they wouldn't press charges out of fear of what their husband/boyfriend/whatever would do.

Dealing with the media? All he has to say is that he is taking no other questions other than those specifically related to the kids his charity is helping, the goals and results of the charity and the tournament field represented and if other questions persist the interview will conclude.

Except perhaps that maybe his reasons for not wanting or being able to travel are legitimate.

An "average Joe" wouldn't be turning away the Florida Highway Patrol now would he?

If he were smart he would be, yep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Like Tiger knew he didn't have to talk to the Florida Highway Patrol before his lawyers telling him that fact. Or that most of you guys knew that as well before hearing it on the news. Right. Tiger must have studied that in Stanford.

• Administrator
Like Tiger knew he didn't have to talk to the Florida Highway Patrol before his lawyers telling him that fact. Or that most of you guys knew that as well before hearing it on the news. Right. Tiger must have studied that in Stanford.

He very well could have. And certainly he had time between being treated for his minor wounds and the FHP wanting to take later that night for his lawyer and/or agent (many of whom were or are lawyers) to get in touch and say "don't talk to the police."

Besides, _I_ know it. Other people on the forum know it. So why not Tiger on his own?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I believe that's different now and the state can press charges if they believe there's domestic abuse. It stems from women who were obviously beaten several times ending up dead because they wouldn't press charges out of fear of what their husband/boyfriend/whatever would do.

Got ya. I still wonder had it not been Tiger if they would be pressing the issue? You don't often hear of men being on the receiving end of a domestic dispute case.

Like Tiger knew he didn't have to talk to the Florida Highway Patrol before his lawyers telling him that fact. Or that most of you guys knew that as well before hearing it on the news.

You always have the right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. I'm sure Tiger and many other people knew that before the "news" reported it.

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!