IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You seem to have missed the entire discussion about "why not talk." Go back through the thread and watch the YouTube video.

Yep, here are the supposed top concerns in an accident/crisis situation:

1. His own health. 2. His family. 3. Legal issues. 4. Public relations. It sounds like #1 isn't a big issue, so then you move onto #2 and #3. These two are far more important to him than public relations. It's possible that there is a combination of family and legal issues that he wants to protect. Can't say I blame him for caring more about his family than what the media/public thinks of him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, I hope it is OK to quote a source here.

Attorney for Woods' 911 caller speaks
RANDALL MELL, Senior Writer, GolfChannel.com
Posted 12/01/2009, 11:46 AM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. – Tiger Woods did not look like he was hit in the face with a golf club.

Elin, his wife, did not look like she was angry over a fight with her husband.

Those were among the central points the attorney for the family that made the 911 call the night of the accident wanted to make clear in a news conference Tuesday in downtown Orlando.

"The question about scratches on his face, the scratches were consistent with someone in a minor car accident," said Bill Sharpe, the attorney for Jerome and Linda Adams and their family, neighbors of Woods. "The injuries did not look like he had been beaten up by a golf club. None of the injuries looked like he had been beaten up by his wife.

Sharpe said the family heard no argument, only the crash before racing outside and observing Woods lying on the road with his wife over him. He said the family has been beseiged by calls and want media to know they told police all they know and told the truth.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

HUH?
We have now heard from the only two sources we should listen too, the people who own the tree and the people who hit the tree, and both say the same thing. That IS the story, everything else is conjecture.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

So now either the Isleworth neighborhood is in on the cover-up or the whole story is bogus.

Well .... "racing outside" after hearing a crash sounds like the crash of a car window not the car hitting something. That or the neighbors race outside a lot slower than a woman with a golf club, who has time to break a window, unlock the door, and dragging her husband out of the car.

If so, funny how Tiger's wife hears the sound of the accident yet the neighbors only heard the sound of the glass. Otherwise, they would have gotten to Tiger about when the wife did. So, we're left with precious little other than rumors of people moving faster than Tiger's car.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I was saddened to hear that he will be skipping his tournament. He has a right to not answer any questions or whatever else but a lot of people were counting on him playing in that tournament. I know the official reason is he is out because of his injuries but I can't help but feel, as I'm sure a lot of people will, that it's really to avoid uncomfortable questions.

Up until now, I thought this incident was more funny than anything else. This is kind of lame, though.

LOL looks like another girl is coming out of the woodwork. US weekly will be putting the story out in their magazine tomorrow. Sucks to be Tiger.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

• Administrator
Average Joe declines to be interviewed, the cops then arrest him on suspicion of driving impaired and THEN he has his chance to used the 5th as he WILL be interviewed.

Wrong. Cops don't go around arresting people for the heck of it.

On ESPN's forum, people are wondering whether he might be hooked on pain medication related to his leg injury, speculating that it wasn't merely grit getting him through that U.S. Open. Certainly he wouldn't be the first or last athlete/celebrity to get hooked on pain pills.

What have I said - repeatedly - about speculation?

Well .... "racing outside" after hearing a crash sounds like the crash of a car window not the car hitting something.

Huh? Why would that sound like "the crash of a car window"?

To me - and I dare say to most everyone else - "crash sounds" means a car crashing into a tree. It doesn't imply ONLY glass breaking sounds... you're stretching.
That or the neighbors race outside a lot slower than a woman with a golf club, who has time to break a window, unlock the door, and dragging her husband out of the car.

Maybe they had to put on some clothes? Plus, the story I'm reading says Elin asked them to call 911.

If so, funny how Tiger's wife hears the sound of the accident yet the neighbors only heard the sound of the glass.

No, they heard a "crash." You're the only one who's taking that to mean they heard glass sounds.

Here is why he should talk:

I prefer the comments from people on John Feinstein's blog instead:

http://www.feinsteinonthebrink.com/i...76594655704861 They (I am among them) largely disagree. And who cares what some person NOT named Tiger Woods thinks about why he should or shouldn't talk?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The FHP better be sure that they have aggressively investigated any and all suspicions (or reports!) of domestic abuse before they turn up the heat on Tiger's family. My guess is, like every other police agency, they don't do very much even with a cooperating witness. If they get a warrant here, THAT would be close to unprecedented and would be the result of either 1) retribution for the refused interviews, or 2) camera whoring.

As has been said, the guy who hit the tree says it was an accident, nothing more. The guy with the tree SAW them and said the same. Nothing to see here (officer), move on.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I prefer the comments from people on John Feinstein's blog instead:

As you are free to do. But I find Feinstein's logic (and that of the bloggers who agree with him) more compelling.

And he's not some sports media neophyte rushing to the scene of the train wreck for a TV show blitz, but a thoughtful person who has spent a lot of time specifically covering golf and the personalities, plus other sports where stars have encountered similar media situations.

As you are free to do. But I find Feinstein's logic (and that of the bloggers who agree with him) more compelling.

i think feinstein has an axe to grind and i have always thought of him as a blowhard. his first two points are weak. point 1 - this is america. tiger can leave his house at 2:30 in the morning if he wants to and he doesnt have to tell us why. point 2 - as erik posted, it would be STUPID to bash out the front window. its right next to his head. bash out the back window, reach forward and unlock the door. point 3 - it doesnt really matter. in that state of chaos shes going to go for something to break the window (possibly knowing the door would be locked as it probably locked automatically when the car went a certain speed) instead of hunting for the other set of keys. his points are not well thought out.

Colin P.

US Magazine is going to post the voice mail on their website tomorrow morning. He is screwed.

yeah, looks like it. the real ones who will get screwed will prolly be the kids if this thing goes to s**t.

Colin P.

• Administrator
But I find Feinstein's logic (and that of the bloggers who agree with him) more compelling.

And I find Feinstein's logic completely missing.

And he's not some sports media neophyte rushing to the scene of the train wreck for a TV show blitz, but a thoughtful person who has spent a lot of time specifically covering golf and the personalities, plus other sports where stars have encountered similar media situations.

He's also a professional writer who continues to say "they could care less" when he means the opposite.

Plus, I second (or did I "first" or "zeroth" it?) what colin said.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was saddened to hear that he will be skipping his tournament. He has a right to not answer any questions or whatever else but a lot of people were counting on him playing in that tournament. I know the official reason is he is out because of his injuries but I can't help but feel, as I'm sure a lot of people will, that it's really to avoid uncomfortable questions.

Of course, Tiger skipping this week's tournament is for his own sake but I think it's good for the tournament too. If he were there, it's going to be nothing more than a gigantic media circus. Everyone including other players will be focus on his scandal rather than the game itself.

I'm just hoping that this will die out by the time he comes back next month but it may not. In that regard, it may of his own benefit to open up a little more details so that the heat dissipates sooner than later.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!