IGNORED

If you could only play with one brand, what would you play?

tws1098
Note: This thread is 5212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The poll on sponsorship had me wondering what company you all would pick if you had to choose one company for all of your woods, irons, and putter? I noticed a lot of people that said they would want company A but with some of company B's stuff. The putter and wedges seems to be the most common swap outs.

Personally, from trying out all of their stuff, I would like to have all TaylorMade equipment if I could only have one company.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Hogan.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Taylormade.

Not a huge fan of Taylormade irons and wedges, but I could adapt. Would be tough getting away from my putter that I spent weeks finding... I just can't stand Nike woods and hybrids, and I need the most confidence standing above those clubs when I am on the course hence my Taylormade decision: Burner hybrids and woods are just so damn good.

I have a feeling there aren't going to be many Mizuno responses since they aren't well known for their woods IMO. Definitely will be more Titleist choices than Mizuno. In fact, I think there will be more Titleist and Taylormade reponses than any other brand, Callaway, Ping, and Cleveland fighting for 3rd.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

titelist definitely.

love their irons wedges and putters... and the 909 series drivers and woods are very nice.

Bridgestone would be second

Mizuno third.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Here's a vote for Mizuno. I love my irons and I'm playing with a no-name driver and don't have a special attachment to my putter, so I'm sure I'd be happy with swapping those out for something from Miz.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

if i had to only have one brand in my bag, i would go with Nickent even though they are now out of business.
Driver: 4DX Evolver
Fairway Woods: 4DX
Hybrids: 5DX
Irons: Arc Blades
Wedges: Arc Blade wedges
Putter: Tour Prototype

Titleist.

I'd also have a Titleist branded girlfriend if I could.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

First Choice: Adams
Second Choice: TM
Third Choice: PING

If MacGregor was still around in it's true form, MacGregor would be first choice.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

. . . If MacGregor was still around in it's true form, MacGregor would be first choice.

Bingo.

I'd also consider Nicklaus. Their JNP blades look pretty good.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Titleist, Mizuno, Taylormade. In that order.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Ping, titleist, tmade in order

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

1: Titleist
2: Mizuno

Titleist got best products overall, but Mizuno got such lovely irons. They are also making lots of headway on woods.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!