IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Play 40 rounds of golf.
2. Improve chipping and putting.
3. Improve pitching.
4. Slicing less!
5. Improve hcp to 22.0. Started last July at 36 and started the season at 26.5.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Play at least once per week not including practice sessions.
2. Add a couple yards (7-12) to my tee shot so I can use a lower club for my second shot.
3. Average double the amount of pars versus double bogeys.
4. Average 85 or less for the summer.
5. Have at least one round in the 70's

These will hopefully lead me to my long term goal:

6. Obtain the fifth or sixth spot on my college team's ladder.

My goals are very simple: 1. more practicing to become more consistent 2. increase driving distance by 10 yards by an improved weight shift on the downswing 3. more time to be spent on the short game

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Kids are now mostly launched (youngest is 19) - - so I want to get back into the game in a serious way.

Used to play a lot as a kid (I was a caddie). Need to see what I can do now.

I just started playing a couple months ago and dropped my handicap 12 points I love t&is; game I'm at the course on a daily basis my 2010 goal id to try to bring my handicap to single digits don't know if that's aiming to high

I couldn't find my original post but I finally broke 80!
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

1. Stay relaxed and focused, even when I'm playing bad

Thought I would update since I have reached most of my 2010 goals.

First and foremost, my attitude/composure on the course has improved dramatically. I am alot more accepting of the ups-and-downs of golf, and I don't let one bad shot or hole ruin my round. I am more realistic about my abilities, and thus not at all shocked when I shoot 38 in my league one week, and then 45 the next week. Last year I could turn into a real grump when I was playing bad, but this year I have learned to show some class even when my opponent is drubbing me in match play. The club championship isn't until later this summer, but I have developed a better pre-shot routine, and dropped to single-digit handicap. My new 2010 goals: 1. Improve iron play. HUGE weakness in my game. I think I could regularly break 80 if I made some reasonable improvements from 100-180 yds. 2. Shoot some rounds in the 70s at my home course (70.70/125). Thus far I have only broken 80 at a couple easier courses.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

1. Break 100 -

Goal #5 Part 1 - Missed a couple again this past weekend! :(

Goal #5 Part 2 - Back to Back 90s (94 and 93 on back to back weekend - CHECK)

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Right now I am shooting high 90s. By the end of this year I want to be shooting consecutively around 90 and an 85 round.
A monetary goal of mine is to complete my set with a driver, a hybrid, and a lob wedge.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

My goals are to maintain myself better mentally, continue studying and gaining experience, improve my course management, and hopefully shoot a few decent rounds this year to boost my confidence.
NO DRIVER ----->
SuperSteel Burner Irons
T.P.A. III Putter
Walter Hagen T3 SW
Select Series Mid-Body 5 Wood

1. No three putts
2. Get my putting average to 2.0
3. Stay out of the trouble, no "Smash and Scrape" golf
4. Break 80

SQ Driver
52*, 56*, 60* Spin Milled Wedges
AP1 Irons 3-9
:Nike: VR 3 Wood
Studio Select Newport 2Ball: :titleist Pro v1/ Pro v1x

Well I'd love to...

1, Cure my slice
2. Putt better, damn them 3 putts.
3. Get out and golf more.

My Clubs are
My Ball Selection is..
Ive been golfing for a while.. around 10 years, not very much, but I can't see me spending tons on clubs the way I suck.

Since I've accomplished my main goal of breaking 80 multiple times I'm going to make a new goal and that is to shoot even/under par through nine holes.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

My goals are to minimize putting and improve consistency off the tee and the fairway even if that means a sacrifice in distance.

Note: This thread is 4900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!