IGNORED

My Swing (wedge player)

wedge player
Note: This thread is 5240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how far do you hit the ball?
it seems like your casting a little if you look at frame 75-80 you can see that your hands arent leading the club into impact. you can see it best in frame 79 that it looks like your club is already released and your wrists are unhinged causing your true release to be at about 7 o'clock. if you could keep your wrists hinged for litterally a millisecond longer you could possibly gain about 10 yards.
your lower body movement looks good, it seems like your making the shift right through impact.

other than that this swing looks much more controlled than the first few.

im no teaching pro so thats just my 2 cents.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

• Administrator
The clubhead gets too far inside your hands because you're rolling your forearms on the takeaway, then your right elbow gets way too far away from your body as you lift the shaft up to the point where it's across the line and above your neck. You re-route the shaft about four times.

I don't think you'll find any pros who swing as upright as you.

And it's still a swing without a ball, so... it's still just a practice swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

plenty far i promise.i dont need distance tips sorry if im coming off rude im not trying to.i just dont need a increase of distance.

no i figure you hit the ball about 300 or more. jsut becasue your ss seems really really high.

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

Actually, if you stop motion on the video I think he is in some some very nice positions. Good position at the top. Nice coming into the hitting area with the right elbow at his side. Stays behind the ball very nicely. Nice little reverse "C". Excellent release on the follow through. I can see where you could be a formidible player.

it's hard to tell without seeing you hit a ball but the swing looks pretty good. i like the fact that you swing pretty "hard". the only thing that looked a little off is you swing a little steep. when you release to the finish, you don't quite keep that right shoulder down and through but it's only by a fraction. if you get that plane a tad flatter and tilt your spine just a little bit you can probably get that right shoulder down and through better. overall i like your swing, keep the slight draw shot. it's more controllable and easier to hit.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

overall i like your swing, keep the slight draw shot. it's more controllable and easier to hit.

actually ive started to play a cut more often.ive also been tryin to flatten my swing its just super uncomfortable.and not consistant.

• 2 months later...
You take a mighty hack at the ball. On the side view, looks like you address towards your back foot but bottom out towards your front. But obviously it works for you if you're a scratch golfer. I'd be hesitant to give you any real advice since I'm a 7 handicap.

You take a mighty hack at the ball. On the side view, looks like you address towards your back foot but bottom out towards your front. But obviously it works for you if you're a scratch golfer. I'd be hesitant to give you any real advice since I'm a 7 handicap.

yea i noticed that the angle of the side view its actually a little front of middle its a bad angle

I'm in no place to give instruction, but I am in a place where I can say that your golf swing can be totally different when there is that little white ball staring at you from the ground.

You do put a very good move on the ball, that's for sure.

Couple things I notice...

-As you mentioned, your tempo does look a little quick.
-You also have a lot of weight shifted to your front foot at the top of the backswing.
-Your arms seem to initiate the downswing more so than the legs. At impact, your hips are not very open to the target because the legs are following the arms, not the other way around.
Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

From the first view, I think if you turn a bit left, you should be able to knock a golfball that way for your next video. Many people's swings change when they actually hit a golf ball.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Note: This thread is 5240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!