IGNORED

Yahoo Fantasy golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know it's early, but I'd like to start the smack talk right now and say you guys are going to be punished this year. My hometown boys Brad Faxon and Billy Andrade are going to come out of nowhere to absolutely dominate the tour. Sure, they both finished around #250 in the 2009 rankings, but they are so due. You guys are going down hard.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early, but I'd like to start the smack talk right now and say you guys are going to be punished this year. My hometown boys Brad Faxon and Billy Andrade are going to come out of nowhere to absolutely dominate the tour. Sure, they both finished around #250 in the 2009 rankings, but they are so due. You guys are going down hard.

That may be true, but my team, BetterThanBarkley, clearly has the best name.

Plus, we Massachusiens (if that is even a word) have Brett Quigley, so take that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That may be true, but my team, BetterThanBarkley, clearly has the best name.

From

New England Golf Monthly NEGM: Brett, do you have a place here in New England that you still call home? Brett: Yes, we have place in Warren, R.I. just a few minutes from where I grew up in Barrington, R.I. Maybe he was born in MA, but he wised up and moved to RI! BTW I grew up in the same town, Barrington.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

Don't get too over-confident...

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Don't get too over-confident...

I just read the instructional on fantasy golf 20 minutes ago, so my confidence is purely alcohol related at this point!

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

OK, I signed up and read through the tutorial. Just to clarify, rosters are not mutually exclusive right? I mean we could all have Ryan Moore on our roster during the same tournament right?

That is right; we could technically all have the same roster, they are not mutually exclusive. Once the tournament starts, you can see the roster of everyone else in the group, and league for that matter.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I'd be more than happy to see you pick those two to their maximum of 10 starts for the year

Would just mean I could be closer to my three-peat As a side note, we now have 10 people signed up for the group, so keep them coming.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Im in as Nicky Woods. Let the games begin.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

I'll do it, though I'm happy someone else is running it. I ran one two or three years ago and while I had fun, people dropped out mid-season and that made it somewhat un-fun.

for me... it is difficult to stay interested when there is NO money on the line, but obviously that would be difficult with our group.

If I end up playing in another one for money (on Yahoo) I'll probably jump in this one... I fgure I'll be checking on the one anyway, not too much extra effort to monitor both.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

for me... it is difficult to stay interested when there is NO money on the line, but obviously that would be difficult with our group.

I hear you on that one, but for me, I enjoy fantasy so much that the money doesn't really matter. For example, I have one yahoo profile for money leagues and one for non-money leagues. I am that crazy about keeping them separate. I won't be quitting this league. I may miss a start here and there, but I really enjoy fantasy on all levels.

Our commish finished in the 99th percentile last year- which is ridiculous- so that will be a serious challenge for all of us. And not to brag- okay maybe a little- but I do a fantasy league with Daniel Negreanu, Erick Lindgrin, and Paul Wasicka every year, which carries a $2,000 buy-in and I've won it two years in a row. It's a 12 team league. And I'm certainly not above free money leagues. I enjoy them as well. Anyways, my team name is Battlefield Promotion and I'm looking forward to a fun season with you guys! Thanks for starting up the league, Commish. I'm looking to improve on my medicore 78th percentile rookie season finish in 2009.

Constantine

I'm interested, not sure if its full yet.?

I don't think their's a limit to the number of participants in this one.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

i signed up. I do have a question though. If a guy isn't playing in the upcoming weeks event, will said player be on the list of golfers. I know i had trouble with that last year, I picked people who weren't playing that week

In my RJ cart bag
Driver-Texan Classic 12*
Woods- Texan Classic 3W 5W
Irons- Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges- CG14 56* CG12 60*Putter-34` Unitized TiempoPreferred Ball- e6+

i signed up. I do have a question though. If a guy isn't playing in the upcoming weeks event, will said player be on the list of golfers. I know i had trouble with that last year, I picked people who weren't playing that week

When you see the options to select players on the bottom, there is a button that says something like "Show only Entered Players." If its checked, only entered players will show up.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

That is right; we could technically all have the same roster, they are not mutually exclusive. Once the tournament starts, you can see the roster of everyone else in the group, and league for that matter.

Thanks gogolfing.

I hear you on that one, but for me, I enjoy fantasy so much that the money doesn't really matter. For example, I have one yahoo profile for money leagues and one for non-money leagues. I am that crazy about keeping them separate. I won't be quitting this league. I may miss a start here and there, but I really enjoy fantasy on all levels.

I used to be a hardcore poker junkie. That's awesome that you're in a league with those degenerates!

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

Thanks gogolfing.

Yea it's pretty random. I joined the league and then found out later that they were in it. Negreanu and Wasicka are good. Lingren finishes dead last every year because he just doesn't care.

There is one guy in the league who does a 25K buy in 12 team league every year and he's won it two years in a row. He's by far the most hardcore of any fantasy football owner I've ever met or played against. He's made well over six figures just from fantasy football for- as far as I know- the last two years. Guy is a sicko. Must be nice to have that kind of money to blow. Who knows what other random crap he bets on.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!