IGNORED

Yahoo Fantasy golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone interested in starting up a Sand Trap fantasy golf league again this year? PGATOUR.COM is using the Yahoo fantasy golf again this year. First tourney is this week, so you would have until Wednesday to sign up and pick your team. I haven't set up a group yet; I'll wait to see if there is interest or if someone else has already set up a group.

I have won the Sand Trap fantasy golf two years in a row now, so I am eager for the three-peat

Happy New Year's to all.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do it. I've had a Yahoo fantasy golf team the past few years but didn't know there was a Sand Trap group.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'll do it, though I'm happy someone else is running it. I ran one two or three years ago and while I had fun, people dropped out mid-season and that made it somewhat un-fun. Maybe I won't care so much if someone else runs it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll do it, though I'm happy someone else is running it. I ran one two or three years ago and while I had fun, people dropped out mid-season and that made it somewhat un-fun.

Ya it seems we start out with 30 or so in the group, and then by the end are down to 10 or so that stick with it for the entire season. One of the things I do to remind me is that when I set it up, I check off the email reminder and then this way I get an email Tuesday or Wednesday night reminding me to pick my foursome for the week. Maybe if everyone in the group did this we may have more success at keeping the numbers up. I'll set the group up tonight and post it here with the password to let people join.

I'm in, but I've never played in a fantasy league before. Do you just pick a roster of players every tournament?

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

you pick a foursome. They have the golfers separated into tiers. You get 1 a level, 2 b and 1 c i believe.

In my RJ cart bag
Driver-Texan Classic 12*
Woods- Texan Classic 3W 5W
Irons- Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges- CG14 56* CG12 60*Putter-34` Unitized TiempoPreferred Ball- e6+

Im in also. I play in all fantasy sports leagues. I will be in through the whole season. I always finish something i start so you dont have to worry about me not setting my line up every week. Im a commish in 2 fantasy football leagues. One on Yahoo and one on Fanball. Im also a co-commish in a Fantasy Baseball league. Let me know what the password and league I.D are when you start the league.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

I have set up the group as "The Sand Trap". To join you need the group ID (6099) and the password (sandtrap). You can go to this link to sign up : http://www.pgatour.com/fantasy/

Once you have created your team, click on join group and then use the above information.

For this fantasy league, you pick a team for each week. It includes one player from the 'A' list, 2 from the 'B' list, and then one from the 'C' list. you also pick a bench, or non-starters for the week. This way, if one of your starters misses a cut or someone from the bench is doing well, you can sub them in. You can use a player a maximum of 10 times throughout the season, so this takes some planning.

Points are awarded by how well a player does per round, and then there are bonus points if any of your players finish in the top three (I'm pretty sure it is top 3, maybe 5). Here is a link to how the league is run: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/golf/rules/

There are three seasons, winter, spring and summer. There are prizes handed out for each season, and then for the overall season and weekly prizes. Here is a link to the prizes: http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf/prizes

Good luck to all.

Hey everyone, this link also does a good job of explaining the league:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/golf/

OK, I signed up and read through the tutorial. Just to clarify, rosters are not mutually exclusive right? I mean we could all have Ryan Moore on our roster during the same tournament right?

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I just signed up also. Never been in a fantasy league but it will help cure the itch of not being able to play right now.

Bag
Sumo 5900 9.5d
Sumo 3 & 5 Woods Pro launch shafts
Victory Red Split cavity 4-pw
Victory Red Wedges 52/10,56/14/60,10 White hot Putter / Balls

I'm kinda new here, but I signed up too. I was already signed up to play, so I just joined your group also. My son and I are trying this for the first time.

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
In my bag:
Speedline driver
Speedline fairway woods
a3os hybrids GX922 irons (5-pw) Center Cut Classic SP3 Neo

Just joined also. This ought to be fun. Best of luck everyone!

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I wish there was some way you could see everyone's TheSandTrap profile name. Some are obvious like DaSportsGuy, RIDuffer's, iacas's and my own, but i wish i "knew" who everyone else was.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!