IGNORED

Golf Ball Suggestions?

Note: This thread is 5223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would recommend OPB's (Other People's Balls). These work best if you have a borrowed swing and a free mind.

Really

Taylor Made driver (today)
Sonartec 4w - Nippon steel
Nickent Hybrid - Nippon steel
Mizuno MP 32 - Nippon steel
Cleveland Wedges (Lotta chrome)Putter by BettinardiYikes Batman, you have a mongrel bag !!!

Well, if $42 breaks your bank maybe you should get a new job? A box of balls will last a couple months...

Well, besides the ignorance of the post, I'd say that no good urethane ball lasts very long, or you swing too slow to be playing those $42 balls (just as ignorant a statement, don't you think?). A ProV1x lasts about 6 holes before it becomes scratched, and borders on unplayable after 9.

Titleist NXT Tour, a decent ball. It goes straight and long on drives and stop (not on the dime) on the green.

What is in my Audi golf bag:
1. Ping I15 8 degree with Fubuki

2. Miura 15 degree with Fubuki

3. Titleist 18.5 degree with Tour AD

4. Ping G15 21 degree wood

5. Ping G15 23 degree Hybrid

6. Ping S56 P-5 iron with Project X 5.5

7. Miura Wedges with Project X5.5

8. Scotty Cameron Circa 62

9. Titleist Prov1 or Z-Star

i play with bridgestone b330 and i love them. straight off the tee with great distance and spins great on the greens. I get my balls from lostgolfballs.com, i buy the AAA ones and they work great.

Well, besides the ignorance of the post, I'd say that no good urethane ball lasts very long, or you swing too slow to be playing those $42 balls (just as ignorant a statement, don't you think?). A ProV1x lasts about 6 holes before it becomes scratched, and borders on unplayable after 9.

Not ignorant of the post. I just stated what ball I think is best and the thread nazi decided to try to put me in my place. My swing speed is 115-118, so if that is slow, then so be it. A single proV1x may only last you 9 holes, but I dont hit the ball into the trees or cartpath. Maybe you should go to the range?

Driver: Ti460 with stock Fujikura G60 shaft in stiff flex
3W: SQ Dymo2
Hybrid: FT 20*
Irons: 755
SW: SV 56*GW: Vokey 50*LW: Vokey 60*Putter: SC Red XHome Course: Wildcat Golf Club

1) actually, it's the OP's bank we are talking about, I am all set thanks anyway though.

You are assuming a lot with your post here. I merely stated that I use the B330S and it works well. I understood the OPs question, but all of the cheaper balls that are worth playing were already mentioned. Then you felt the need to flame me for my opinions. Is it that important to you to correct me for something that I post? Maybe you should go play golf instead of spending so much time in these forums...it gives you a false sense of superiority. I see you got corrected for calling me names...a little juvenile, eh? Cheers.

Driver: Ti460 with stock Fujikura G60 shaft in stiff flex
3W: SQ Dymo2
Hybrid: FT 20*
Irons: 755
SW: SV 56*GW: Vokey 50*LW: Vokey 60*Putter: SC Red XHome Course: Wildcat Golf Club

You are assuming a lot with your post here. I merely stated that I use the B330S and it works well. I understood the OPs question, but all of the cheaper balls that are worth playing were already mentioned. Then you felt the need to flame me for my opinions. Is it that important to you to correct me for something that I post? Maybe you should go play golf instead of spending so much time in these forums...it gives you a false sense of superiority. I see you got corrected for calling me names...a little juvenile, eh? Cheers.

If the cheaper balls were already mentioned, why did you respond to the OP in the first place?

You think a high HCP should be shooting expensive, premium balls such as the ones you're suggesting?

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Maybe you should go play golf instead of spending so much time in these forums...it gives you a false sense of superiority. I see you got corrected for calling me names...a little juvenile, eh? Cheers.

I have NO sense of superiority... in fact it was you that made a comment about getting a new job if you can't afford $40 a box for balls. If you look at my posts through the last few years, you would see that 99% of the time I am trying to help people and be cordial... but you were out of line. As to "flaming" you... big deal, are you really so sensative that someone can't point out that your post was a poor suggestion (I think that is different from taking a personal shot, like you tried - JMO). Anyway... I'm moving on, hopefully you're a nice guy and just responded w/o thinking, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... good golfing to you, no hard feelings, hope you enjoy TST.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• Administrator
At nobody in particular: please get back to the topic at hand, which is not talking about each other.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wilson TX4 (like $20/doz on TGW).

Tick-points:
*4-piece construction (fact)
*urethane cover (fact)
*medium feel (opinion)
*relatively low spin off the driver (opinion)
*decent-to-good stopping power (opinion)

Great price and good overall performance in a tour caliber ball (opinion ).

My $0.02

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

At nobody in particular: please get back to the topic at hand, which is not talking about each other.

OK, if we must...

Wilson TX4 (like $20/doz on TGW).

Never heard of those, but will have to check them out now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I actually just bought a box of Srixon Tri-Speed and Srixon AD333 a few days ago, but I need to finish using the collection of various balls I still have. I have been searching for something to settle on since I can't find those Maxfli C3 Reds anymore... guess I should've known to buy 5-6 dozen instead of just 3.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Titleist Carry/Roll balls.

I used to really like the DT So Lo balls, but they quit making them a couple of years ago. I believe the Carry/Roll balls kind of took the So Lo's over. These balls are cheaper than the NXT's as well.

I will agree w/ numerous folks who are talking up the Bridgestone E series balls. I will buy a couple of dozen E6's every year to go alongside my regular ONE Tour ball.

Although, I think the E series balls are probably too good (and too expensive) of a ball for a high HCP'er to use.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

i love my ProV1xs because it's a low spin ball but i can still hit shots that spin with my wedges. it's a pretty expensive ball but it lasts a long time.
I also play the Precept Laddie because it's a long low spin ball.

Best cheap ball I have ever used is the Precept Laddie X. And this baby is looong off the tee boxes. A softer ball that feels great off the driver, good off irons, and putts very well. I found these at Edwin Watts and The Golf Warehouse websites for $19 for TWO dozen recently. At 83 cents per ball, you can't beat these. Not even close. I love the Srixon Z-Star, but when playing bad, I don't want to be losing $4 golf balls. I keep some Laddies in my bag for just such occasions.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...EGORY_ID=10978

Srixon's are a great ball no matter what ball you buy. I play the ZSTAR and they great. Low spin off the tee, a big factor is your driver. Depending on the model, face, loft, etc., that is what really makes the low or high spin come off the tee shot.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Does anyone have an opinion on a brand of balls called Pinnacle? I have never used them, but someone who doesn't know much about golf gave them to me as a Christmas present. I think they are called Pinnacle Gold Soft.

Are they worth playing for a round or two?

Thanks.

The stuff in my bag (i.e. The clubs that I haven't tossed in the pond. Yet.):

Driver: G15
Fariway Woods: Fybrid 5
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson 56 and 60Putter: IN Wack-e

I have tried Pinnacle and I hated them... Some people might like them - but personally I am not a fan of Pinnacle - usually down here they sell these Pinnacle cheap at the Pro Shop.

Best cheap ball I have ever used is the Precept Laddie X. And this baby is looong off the tee boxes. A softer ball that feels great off the driver, good off irons, and putts very well. I found these at Edwin Watts and The Golf Warehouse websites for $19 for TWO dozen recently. At 83 cents per ball, you can't beat these. Not even close. I love the Srixon Z-Star, but when playing bad, I don't want to be losing $4 golf balls. I keep some Laddies in my bag for just such occasions.

Umm their prices are pretty good... Thanks! But I do agree the Percept Laddies are solid.

Deflord
Driver:  Tour Burner 10.5

3 Wood - Still Hunting

Hybrid:  Hybrid Mid 3

Irons:  MP-57 3-PW

Wedges:  T-10 SW

Putter - Still Hunting (Looking for a Rife)

Ball - Still Hunting on my preference

Note: This thread is 5223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!