IGNORED

Super Bowl XLIV (Picks and Discussion)

KBaum
Note: This thread is 5209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok guys the Super Bowl is only 6 days away and the game is on! Just thought I'd get some of your thoughts on the game. Who you will be cheering for? Should the Vikes be in instead of the Saints? Is Peyton over or under rated? How about Drew Brees? Has he finally got his chance? Let's hear it guys! Feel free to post anything about the big game here

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

Im glad the Viqueens arent in it. The last thing Favre deserves is a chance at another Super Bowl ring.
I will be rooting for the Saints. After everything the city of New Orleans has been through and what the Saints' fans have been through (remember they were the ones who used to wear paper bags on their heads), IMO they are due for a Super Bowl win.
Im tired of the Colts. Manning has had his fair share of chances and has done enough winning in his career. Im ready for someone new to win it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Im glad the Viqueens arent in it. The last thing Favre deserves is a chance at another Super Bowl ring.

Ok Ok, There we go. I like it! Some good points made. The Viqueens, HaHa now that's funny. Nice..

Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

Ok Ok, There we go. I like it! Some good points made. The Viqueens, HaHa now that's funny. Nice..

Im from Wisconsin. We make a past time of making fun of Minnesota's teams. They just make it so darn easy...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Who you will be cheering for? Indianapolis Colts

Should the Vikes be in instead of the Saints? No. The Saints were the better team that day, they deserve to be right where they are.

Is Peyton over or under rated? Neither. He is what he's cracked up to be.

How about Drew Brees? Under. Being in a league with P. Manning, Brady, and Favre, he doesn't get as much credit as he deserves.

Has he [Drew Brees] finally got his chance? This is probably the best chance he'll ever have at winning a Super Bowl.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

been raining here all last nite after the pro bowl and all day today...place is a swamp...just like 3 yrs ago when the Colts won. clear all week but more rain on the weekend...O/U is 56.5 colts by 5.5 ummm. lets see..piss me off no golf today! ha ha

I like the atmosphere in here. Haha. I like the comments. All have valid points. I'm going to hold off on letting you guys know who I'm rooting for until the day of the game. Get some suspense built up. Ok, maybe the suspense will only be for me Lol. Most of you probably don't care what I think, but let's keep this thread goin'! I'm diggin' it!

Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS

Freeney is probably out I think that could be a BIG factor. Before that detail came out I saw Indy in a possible rout. Now not so much.

I will be in Vegas for the game so trying to figure out which way to go. With Freeney out might take the 5.5 and root for the Saints who I would like to see win.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

been raining here all last nite after the pro bowl and all day today...place is a swamp...just like 3 yrs ago when the Colts won. clear all week but more rain on the weekend...O/U is 56.5 colts by 5.5 ummm. lets see..piss me off no golf today! ha ha

You southerners must have it bad. A couple days without golf. Try making it three or four months.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

You southerners must have it bad. A couple days without golf. Try making it three or four months.

Yeah, Haha, it's sucks here in Ky. I went 3 weeks ago just cause I couldn't wait any longer. Snow had just melted off and the course was a mess. Now there is about 10" of snow on the ground. Going to be a WHILE before I get to the links again.

Freeney is going to be a HUGE factor in this game. His absence, if he doesn't play will definately be a drop of chances for Indy.

Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS

I'm pulling for the Colts, but a part of me wants them to suffer for intentionally giving up a shot at a perfect season. I understand the logic they claim to have been using, but a) that's lame and b) they didn't even apply that logic properly so it's a serious cop-out. Still, they're "my" team so they better find a way to win, whether Freeney's at 0%, 100%, or somewhere in between.

Peyton is fairly ranked, I think. I'm not a student of football enough to rate him in a historical perspective, but there's just no way you can fairly rank him other than at the top of the top. Where he rates next Brady or the other bests at the moment, I'm not sure, but really the only black marks he has are failing to win more rings. And even that's not entirely fair as he's not been part of a team that's been as strong on both sides of the ball as the Pats were in their big run. To have had the kind of success he had in the regular season over the years is astounding, and it's not terribly surprising for a team, even an offensive juggernaut like the Colts were, to have trouble in the post-season with their history of flawed defenses.

As for Brees, honestly I barely have enough time to follow the Colts, so I don't have much of an opinion. Other than to say I wish him luck the NEXT time he gets a shot at the ring. Hopefully his upcoming loss on Sunday will fuel his fire then.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Note: This thread is 5209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!