IGNORED

Is false advertising = cheating.

bigoak
Note: This thread is 5167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recall reading several years ago that there is someone at each tournament who inspects each player's bag and writes down the brand of clubs and balls he/she is using. This is to ensure that the player's contract with the manufacturer is not being violated. It is not necessarily to ensure what head cover is on the driver, for example. It is to make sure that the player is using whatever driver he has agreed to use per his contract. I occasionally play golf with a USGA rules official who is inside the ropes and can see all the players' clubs. He said I would truly be surprised how many TaylorMade driver head covers are covering a different brand of driver.

Do tell, do tell.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall reading several years ago that there is someone at each tournament who inspects each player's bag and writes down the brand of clubs and balls he/she is using. This is to ensure that the player's contract with the manufacturer is not being violated. It is not necessarily to ensure what head cover is on the driver, for example. It is to make sure that the player is using whatever driver he has agreed to use per his contract. I occasionally play golf with a USGA rules official who is inside the ropes and can see all the players' clubs. He said I would truly be surprised how many TaylorMade driver head covers are covering a different brand of driver.

The Darrell Survey, they're on the 10th tee, every Thursday. Companies pay also-ran players who are going to miss the cut to replace a rarely used club with one of their new clubs to pad the survey.

Oh, and Tiger plays a Nike ball.

no he doesnt he uses a pro V1 with a nike logo on it

See, this is what I figured would be the answer, or should I say guess, but I really doubt it.

To think Nike takes Titleist balls, strips them of their markings, and proceeds to stamp Nike logos on them is a bit too much for me to believe. Nike would make any ball that would fit Tiger's custom wants/needs. So he wouldn't need to use a different ball.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Tiger's first couple of year's as a pro Tiger was partly sponsored by Titleist, along w/ Nike. Since Nike was basically still an apparel golf company at that time, of course he was using Titleist balls.

Eight to ten years ago, when Nike was getting it's feet wet w/ equipment, I did hear that Tiger would use a customized Nike ball made especially for him. This is at least believable.

In the past four or five years though, I believe he's used what you and I can buy off the shelf.

Nike's One Platinum and now One Tour balls.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

his balls (haha no jokes please) are not readily available to us. they are prototypes suited to his needs. they aren't marked with 'one', 'one tour d', etc. but rather his trademark 'Tiger' along the putting aid or the tw logo.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

his balls (haha no jokes please) are not readily available to us. they are prototypes suited to his needs. they aren't marked with 'one', 'one tour d', etc. but rather his trademark 'Tiger' along the putting aid or the tw logo.

Hummmmmmmm. Like I said. 6 years ago I would've believed that. Today, I really don't.

I can't ever recall seeing a ball that he was using w/ a "Tiger" logo on it. How do you know that?

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

maybe he was at a tourney tiger was at tiger lost his ball and Gioguy found it tiger draws his putting aids freehand

By free hand, if you mean using one of those "marking devices" that hundreds of thousands of other golfers use, then yes, he does do them freehand.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

i mean with just a pen and his hand

There is a pic on this very site of Tiger using a marking device w/ a sharpie to mark his ball.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I will find the article. thanks for the sarcasm tho. lol

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

this was the year he was using his sasquatch head which could've been up until last year.
http://www.sportscomet.com/Golf/132929.htm

this wasn't the site i read it on but it's what i got for fast searching. read/weep

my point was not whether Nike was scraping off the Titleist logo but rather proving my point it was mentioned he used balls made spec for him with Tiger on them, or the TW...i don't give a shiesse what he uses. Right now all he's doin with his is icing them, hoping Elin and every other woman that was in his life would stop kicking them.

this was the year he was using his sasquatch head which could've been up until last year.

last year?

Tiger never used a SQ Sumo driver last year and the bag where that site got his equipment from was from a tournament win in 2006. Like I said, I believe that Tiger probably was using a customized ball years ago. I suppose in 2006 it's very possible. Like you said though, it doesn't really matter. I guess I had to comment on the theory of a ProV in Nike's clothing as being false.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5167 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!